Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Armonia Apartments - Kapparis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Armonia 
Post: #41   PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

Thanks Marion the pics are great.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

You're welcome. Sorry... jet-lagged and FlyMonarched (!)... should have said that the main entrance to the site is off the road before the dangerous bend on the left coming from the police station. The last two pics are taken from the dangerous bend itself - the development is hidden behind the mound of earth!

Not bad weather for November Smile

Marion

Post: #43   PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Planner
Pictures: 0

Marion, thank you very much for the pictures they are great. Nice to see things are happening on site even though MRI told me today that construction would not start until mid Dec but what do they know!

Hope you had a good time while you were over there.

Once again thanks for the pictures

Paul
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #44   PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Planner

I am a little surprised that there are not more posts from other people that have purchased apartments on this complex now that the construction has started. Anyway, is there any apartment owner planning to go to Cyprus over the next few months where they will be taking some pictures of how the constuction is progressing?

Regards

Paul
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
ARMONIA APARTMENTS KAPPARIS 
Post: #45   PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quote
PETE TOMO

HI

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I BOUGHT A TWO BED APARTMENT IN BLOCK C IN OCT 06.
WE WENT FOR A HOLIDAY IN OCT 07 AND HIRED A CAR SO WE COULD VISIT THE SIGHT. I WOULD AGREE THAT FIREMANS COVE IS NOT A FIVE MIN WALK AWAY.

AFTER READING PREVIOUS COMMENTS LEFT ON THIS FORUM I TOO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN FINDING AN AIR CON UNIT SUPPLIER AS I TOO WAS LEAD TO BELIEVE THAT THESE WHERE INCLUDED ONLY TO FIND OUT LATER THAT THEY ARE NOT.
PERHAPS THOSE WHO ARE IN NEED OF THE AIR CON UNITS WOULD BE INTRESTED IN TRYING FOR A GROUP PURCHASE TO GAIN A DISCOUNT FROM SUPPLIER. Idea

Post: #46   PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Hi Pete, it is a good idea to buy these Air Con's as a group in order to try to obtain a discount. The problem is finding a way of contacting other apartment owners. As you can see from this post thread there are only a very small percentage that have made themselves known.

I was also thinking whether it would be worthwhile setting up a steering committee for the complex as it would be beneficial to all of us to negotiate as a group rather than individuals. Not only on air con's but we may be able to obtain discounts on furniture as well. Also, we would have a stronger say in the way the complex is managed.

What does everyone think setting up a steering committee? Does anyone have experience in setting this up?

However, before we can do anything, we need to contact other apartment owners. Any suggestions how this can be done?

Regards

Paul
Steering committee 
Post: #47   PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

Paul,

Steering committee sounds a great idea.

How about asking MRI to email their 'Armonia Clients' with a link to this thread? If MRI are confident they are providing a top class property (through Paschali) they shouldn't object.

Paul

Post: #48   PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Lorraine & Dave
Pictures: 3

Smile Hi to all our neighbours to be! I have been catching up on all your posts they make interesting reading. We were also told that Jordan & Peter Andre had bought in the area, has anyone else been told that? It certainly helped my husband to make his mind up about buying haha Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #49   PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:00 am Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

P & J have built a house near Mazotos (sp?) The pink Palace.

Ruth

Post: #50   PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Paul,

From experience, trying to get anything out of MRI is a waste of time but if you want to try then be my guest and please let me know how you get on. I think the only way would be to either contact Paschalis or Emily to get the information. However, it is a bit disappointing that only you have responded to my question regarding setting up a steering committee which I can only conclude that there is a lack of interest to do so.

Regards

Paul

Post: #51   PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
lewis

Planner wrote:
Paul,

From experience, trying to get anything out of MRI is a waste of time but if you want to try then be my guest and please let me know how you get on. I think the only way would be to either contact Paschalis or Emily to get the information. However, it is a bit disappointing that only you have responded to my question regarding setting up a steering committee which I can only conclude that there is a lack of interest to do so.

Regards

Paul

hi paul
a steering committee is a good idea in theory, but would be hard to set up
Not everyone who has bought is looking at this site
If some people who have bought are not English they may not be interested
There are 4 blocks being build how do you get everyone involved
At this stage we need to keep posting information to one another to keep us all in the frame
Yours
Lewis

Post: #52   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Hi Lewis,

I agree that it would be difficult to set up but not impossible. As you indicate, a forum is not a suitable vehicle for contacting everyone that has purchased a property. If this is going to succeed we need another way is doing this. Perhaps, asking the developer or MRI for e-mail addresses but I suspect there will some data protection issues. They might send an e-mail out on our behalf if we can demonstrate the long term benefits for the complex. From a property owners viewpoint, setting up a Steering Committee could easily provide financial benefits through negotiation of deals and discounts for bulk purchases. So, I personally believe it is worth trying to set this up once the problem of contacting property owners is resolved.

Regards

Paul
Steering committee 
Post: #53   PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

I have just emailed my contact at MRI.

"Tracy,

Please confirm receipt of this email.

Myself and a few other buyers at this complex are setting up an internet forum to discuss the development.

We would appreciate it if you could forward this email to the other buyers, in the UK & elsewhere.

My email address is

Regards

Paul"

I didn't want to say there was a forum already running in case they checked it out and disapproved of the current content. I will let you know if anyone contacts me. Please let me know if you receive an email from MRI about the forum.

Last edited by Stabilo on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #54   PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
zhirong

Dear All,

I am really glad to find others people who bought Armonia. I bought a studio unit in Block B. The whole process is full of trouble for my wife and me.
Recently, I enquire about the furniture pack for the apartment, and it cost 6750 to 9050 euros. I almost fell off my chairs. Anyone of you is looking to source furniture yourself? I too do not have air-con for the units and I would be happy to join in a group purchase.
I google and found this website as I am distress by MRI and the lawyer who seems to ignore after I paid the legal fees. I believe there are more people who is caught in the same situation.
Keep up the good work guys.

Cheers
Jack
Singapore

Post: #55   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
dc51

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I bought in Nov 06, it's been nothing but hassle .
We went with the Lawyer suggested by MRI,big mistake!
The only thing she has done promtly is to send her bill.
I am wondering if we all have the same mortgage, 5 years interest only then changing to repayment.
Both MRI and the Lawyer have told me the interest during the build period will be paid by the Developer, when I asked for written confirmation of this, the Lawyer e-mailed me to say she had spoken to the Developer and they confirmed this is the case, again I asked for written confirmation from the Developer and she said it was not necessary as she had spoken to them and they had told her verbally.

Is this legally binding in Cyprus?

Has anyone else been told this interest would be paid, if so, what is their situation.

Thanks

Donald

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #56   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Hi Donald,

Those of us that have a mortgage have the 5 years interest only then changing to repayment mortgage. The only trouble is that no one told us that we would be paying the interest on this mortgage well before the completion date. As you can read from the posts, it certainly unclear whether the developer will pay for the interest. So, getting written confirmation is vital in my opinion. Also, you may have received two statements recently from the Alpha bank. One showing your loan account which you are getting charged with interest and the other account is your escrow account which is gaining interest. What is not clear is if the developer is going to pay the mortgage interest what happens to the interest the escrow account? do we give that back?

Regards

Paul

Last edited by Planner on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Armonia 
Post: #57   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

MRI replied to my email and said they were unable to send my email address to their Armonia clients. I said I will remember that when I buy my next investment property.

Last edited by Stabilo on Fri May 08, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #58   PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Quote:
MRI replied to my email and said they were unable to send my email address to their Armonia clients. I said I will remember that when I buy my next investment property.

I'm not really surprised. They won't do nothing unless they is some profit in it for them. Our only hope would be our developer. Otherwise, I think the Steering committee is a non starter. Crying or Very sad
Armonia Owners 
Post: #59   PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Hi PPL,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in to your thread but thought i'd throw in a few bits that may be helpful:

1) Re Fees - as with most things in Cyprus the key is to haggle to get the best price. Whilst I appreciate some may be aggrieved at paying a higher price this is not an unusual practice in my experience. If you don't ask, you don't get seems to be the phrase used and that applies from buying furniture to employing services.

2) Re Steering Committee - usually what happens is that either the developer handles the management (or employs a company to do so) or they ask for a committee to be formed out of the "owners". Both can have positives & negatives in my experience. I guess it would depend on how they want to run things but what I have suggested in the past is to ask them to include a letter with some contact details for those interested - however as you have experienced this may not always work.

3) Air-con units - yes it will be cheaper for you to bulk buy - some developers though may not want you to so this so it's worth checking first.

4) Furniture Packs - as with all similar services you will normally pay a premium for this service. If you have the time & inclination you can save yourself a considerable amount by buying the items yourselves. Though it may sound daunting at first there is plenty of info on the forum about recommended shops. If you plan it right you could shop and have it all delivered within a week - and save extra 's in the process. I understand though that some will not want to be bothered with the extra hassle.

5) Normally with threads in the Your Developments section you find that during the build more and more owners find the thread and join in. I would of course remind everyone that this forum is read by thousands of people a week both in Cyprus & the UK so only write what your comfortable with being in the public domain.

6) Always, Always get everything in writing. Keep all receipts as you will be able to use them to offset some of the CGT when you come to sell. I know that's a long way off but worth remembering at the start.

7) Finally never be afraid to ask a question here - most of us have been through the process so can usually help with most things. Feel free to post a question in the relevant sections. The forum is here to offer help for buyers & owners by other buyers & owners.

Anyway I hope that the above helps!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #60   PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Planner

Thanks Steve for the advise.

It all seems to have gone quiet on this thread.

Has anyone got any further news or formal confirmation regarding whether the developer will be paying the mortgage interest charges or is that down to the owners?

When are the owners thinking of buying their furniture?

Does anyone know the timescale for choosing the tiles and fittings?

Is anyone going over soon and will be taking some progress pictures?

Somehow we need start thinking how we can start working as a group. This could benefit us all financially if we do, particularly when buying furniture and Air con units. Any suggestions how we can achieve this?

A couple of thoughts, there might be some conference call facility that we could arrange say perhaps once a month. Someone mentioned using Skype to chat.

I'm suggesting that we don't stop using this thread because I think it is still important to keep everyone informed of the current progress/issues using this method. It is just away to enhance that process. So, over to you, what do you think

Regards

Paul
Armonia Apartments - Kapparis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments