Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » glasses
glasses 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote
pictureman
Pictures: 31

Cool Hi All
We are over next week for a fortnight. We have just had our eye test in the U.K and heard glasses are cheaper in Cyprus...Any recommendations for an competent optician around Paralimni, and possible time it takes to get them?
Thanks
Keith.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

glasses 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010
Pictures: 0

hello pictureman, i just got my eyes retested 2 weeks ago in larnaca.
i bought a new pair of specs designer frames with transission lenses, for a mere 90cyp. i think that glasses are one of the most inexpensive items on this island, along with phone calls. my glasses were ready in 2 days.
i hope this helps you in some way, ronnie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:05 pm Reply with quote
pictureman

Cool Brilliant news, thanks very much Ronnie. Very Happy i need varifocals so i expect them to cost a bit more, but thats still cheaper than U.K. i suspect!

Thanks
Keith.
P.S. will speak to you about an in line water softener when we move over! Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010
Pictures: 0

hello again keith, i forgot to mention, i got my old pair of frames fitted with new transission lenses, and this only cost 45cyp and they were done in 1 day.
hear from you when you come over, ronnie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: glasses 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

pictureman wrote:
Cool Hi All
We are over next week for a fortnight. We have just had our eye test in the U.K and heard glasses are cheaper in Cyprus...Any recommendations for an competent optician around Paralimni, and possible time it takes to get them?
Thanks
Keith.

Hi Keith

I went to Nicos Nicolaides Opticians in Paralimni, Lovely man very helpful,even did my eye test with him.

Got a pair of varifocals in a Gucci frame for 160 on my perscription done in 3 days, went back the following week and got designer frame in big sunglasses with my perscription but without the reading bit in it for 100cy. The best pair of sunglasses I have ever had,done in 2 days.

The best way to describe where he is located is stand in the square in Paralimni facing the way the traffic is coming into it,walk down there keeping one careful eye on the cars of course,don,t turn immediate right but turn the fork right follow that road and he is down there a short distance on the left hand side, a couple of shops after him there is the road that takes you to Paralimni Post Office ok. He has lots of choice.Tell him I will be back soon want another pair! Cool

Lyn
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
pictureman

Cool Thanks Lyn,
Seems that glasses are cheap, and an amazing turnaround time too!
I will look up Nicos when i get there - will pass your message on to him Laughing
Keith.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

If you do a search for opticians, you'll find several recommendations.

HTH, Marion

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines