Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info » Event Invitation to Everyone Goto page 1, 2  Next
Event Invitation to Everyone 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Petros
Pictures: 0

* EVERYONE is invited to Deryneia Amphitheatre ( by kind permission of the Mayor) for a Songs of Praise Event hosted by St John the Evangelist Anglican Church , Deryneia..

* WHEN:-Saturday 21st September at 6 pm.

* REASON for posting this early is so that you can request your favourite Hymn or Song to be sung, perhaps one that means something special to you or is/was a loved ones favourite. Every effort will be made to include as many as possible of your requests. So start thinking now and contact Peter Day the MD for the event tel :-96549627 or post on here or drop a note into St Johns when you are passing.

* THIS will be a musical event only.
*COME along and enjoy an evening of SONG in good company.
*MORE information will be added nearer the event.[/list]
* ENTRANCE is free.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:25 am Reply with quote
Petros

To the person who asked if it would be like the one on BBC TV...the answer is its a kind of cross between that and The Big Sing ( see on I Player as it was on Sunday just gone) but it will be unique as its the first one hosted by St Johns...don,t forget to let the MD know your requests or you can if you wish email
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
...our new web address...you can use the other one posted on another thread it will redirect into the above site.
Lots of requests already made...ie Oh Happy Day..Guide me O thou Great Jehovah....Standing on the Promises..etc

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:42 pm Reply with quote
markc

Have you the time of start and how long is it!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 am Reply with quote
Petros

Hi Mark , start time is 6pm....approx. 1.5 hrs but if everyone is enjoying themselves could be a little longer....nearer the time there will be more details....until then do you have any favourite hymns/songs you would like to request....there is a list already started!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Petros

Hi everyone...just a note to thank those of you who are letting the MD know their favourites...heres a list of them so far.
* In Christ Alone
*King of Kings
*I the lord of Sea and Sky
*Make me a Channel of your Peace
*Guide me O Thou Great Jehovah
* Standing on the Promises
*Love Lifted me
*Oh Happy Day
*Love divine
* Come on and Celebrate

If your favourite isn,t on the list and you would like it to be ...do get in touch....and thank you again to all those who are shareing their favourites.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
lin Wakenshaw

The Lord is my Shepherd - psalm 23
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
lin Wakenshaw

O God our help in ages past and Eternal Father Strong to save

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
Petros

Thanks Lin...will pass them on to Peter Day ...do they have any special significance for you?...we love The Old rugged Cross...it was hubbys Moms favourite.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
markc

wife loves ...the old rugged cross too!!!!! Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Petros

thanks markc....would you like me to add it as your wife's request?...is there any significance for her...like we have with hubbys mom...

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Petros

Please see following update:-
*Closing date for hymn/song requests is 18.8.2013 to allow the programme to be collated and printed.
*Bring a cushion as the seating is concrete.
*There is plenty of parking for cars and coach's.
*Bring your own refreshments....however please note there are plenty of local Tavernas where you can enjoy a meal after the event.
*The Deryneia Amphitheatre is well signposted.

Please contact if additional information is required.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
charnley

I hear there's a restaurant at the side of the amphitheatre that does a meze for 10 euro. Would be go to go after Songs of Praise.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Petros

Hi Charnley, Have checked and you are correct...its right next door to the amphitheatre and is family run...I understand from friends who have eaten there that the meze for 10 is excellent....I myself haven,t been there but given the recommendations I,ve been given will be trying it soon...PS....do you have a favourite hymn or song you would like to request before the closing date of August 18th?

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
charnley

Thanks Petros, Will try it out

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote
Petros

Just a reminder:- Only two days left to make your favourite hymn or song requests for the Songs of Praise Event on 21st September in Deryneia Amphitheatre before the closing date of 18th August....so far there have been numerous requests, many are for the same favourite hymns that everyone knows....come on folks, start naming your favourite hymn/song on this thread.
*Mine is Amazing Grace.
* Hubbys is When I Survey The Wondrous Cross.
Ann

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote
Petros

Last day for hymn/song requests for Song of Praise event on 21st September....

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote
markc

* EVERYONE is invited to Deryneia Amphitheatre ( by kind permission of the Mayor) for a Songs of Praise Event hosted by St John the Evangelist Anglican Church , Deryneia..

* WHEN:-Saturday 21st September at 6 pm.

* REASON for posting this early is so that you can request your favourite Hymn or Song to be sung, perhaps one that means something special to you or is/was a loved ones favourite. Every effort will be made to include as many as possible of your requests. So start thinking now and contact Peter Day the MD for the event tel :-96549627 or post on here or drop a note into St Johns when you are passing.

* THIS will be a musical event only.
*COME along and enjoy an evening of SONG in good company.
*MORE information will be added nearer the event.[/list]
* ENTRANCE is free.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Petros

Charnly...you asked a week or so ago about the tavern next to the Deryneia Amphitheatre....we went last night with some friends....we had the meze...its a lovely place very traditional and local....food cooked fresh on the BBQ whilst you relax with a drink....one of the best mezes we've had and lots of it with seconds if you ask for more...no loud pop music just traditional Cypriot music played so you can still converse without shouting across the table to each other....its family run and they could not have been more attentive and friendly....so if you plan to come along to the Songs of Praise on the 21st September....there is somewhere where you can have a meal afterwards...there are also several local tavernas in the middle of Deryneia itself and along the main road that leads onto April 1st Street in Paralimni and the motorway link. If you need any more help with info about the event just ask.
HTH
Ann

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quote
charnley

Thanks Petros I'll give it a try

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
KAPPA

looking forward to the evening of Songs of Praise. How many people does the amphitheatre hold?Always watched it on tv never thopught i would be going to one.See you soon.Kappa
Event Invitation to Everyone 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Events, Functions & Tourist Info