Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » akel
akel 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Souvlaki101
Pictures: 2

akel not agreeing with nik,nik has just been on tv with a full statement about his options if we are staying in europe its a small price to pay and he is right also there will be some kind of bond so no one really takes a hit,also keep your money on interest it will take 2 years to get what you have lost,so all that has been done is that you have bought a government bond,.nik stated that if this is not agreed that one of the big banks might not be around this week.so what would you do.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote
geof j

he has no choice, the previous buffoon who sat in the chair did not want to be the one to make the decision, his delays have created this situation.
also, if the vote goes against the proposal will there be another, more reasonable proposal? I think not. would Cyprus be ejected from the EU if the vote went against the proposal? possibly, if they were kicked out Cyprus would be heavily exposed to a Turkish invasion because who would be there to prevent it?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

geof j wrote:
he has no choice, the previous buffoon who sat in the chair did not want to be the one to make the decision, his delays have created this situation.

So are you saying the previous buffoon (as opposed to the current buffoon) had a different set of proposals to agree to?

Surely you can tell us what they were?

geof j wrote:
also, if the vote goes against the proposal will there be another, more reasonable proposal? I think not. would Cyprus be ejected from the EU if the vote went against the proposal? possibly, if they were kicked out Cyprus would be heavily exposed to a Turkish invasion because who would be there to prevent it?

Rubbish.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Obviously, the Comrade was innocent and the filthy rich must pay.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
geof j

Kwacka, yes there may have been a different set of proposals made, but Christofias tried to look elsewhere, when presidency was handed over they took power on what was "judgement Day"
do I believe in the ultimate, ie Turkish invasion? then yes, not "rubbish" as you have quoted, a country that may be sidelined by its "protectorate" is ripe for take over when at its weakest. Cyprus, if it has no protectors, has no strength, has not the money to buy strength therefore cannot protect itself, but it has resources which make it attractive to vultures in the sidelines.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Alan3
Pictures: 0

geof j wrote:

Cyprus only joined the EU in 2004. I believe it is the UN who would protect against any possible invasion.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
geof j

also Kwacka, instead of a one word answer of "rubbish" please elaborate with an argument

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
geof j

alan3 the UN has proved to be a pretty weak institution, working for the whims of the US and associated countries, the US would like nothing more than to have Cyprus as its puppet, just as it has Isreal and to have a major base in the Med,this is a reasonable way for them to achieve this.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
Souvlaki101

ok so now you all understand how important little cyprus is in the games people play,i mean the us,as for turkey they will not be stupid to try to to invade cyprus,Russia will not allow this if this is the game God help us all.
these are trying times and we are all under pressure.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
expat observer

1) Cyprus might leave the Euro common currency but there is no mechanism for Cyprus to leave the EU
2) 1974 Arose out of US Concerns about Cyprus and the USSR - with the Russia looking to extend its influence do not be surprised at some US backed steps to prevent that influence expanding in Cyprus.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Souvlaki101

yes observer you are right there is no mechanism,because no one thought that any country was going to leave,the mechanism is simple print cyprus pounds then change your existing euros to cyprus pounds as this will be the currency being used in cyprus,if you dont like the exchange rate dont exchange keep your euros,wow i hope it can be that easy,but i am sure i could sort it out.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
expat observer

Souvlaki101 wrote:
yes observer you are right there is no mechanism,because no one thought that any country was going to leave,the mechanism is simple print cyprus pounds then change your existing euros to cyprus pounds as this will be the currency being used in cyprus,if you dont like the exchange rate dont exchange keep your euros,wow i hope it can be that easy,but i am sure i could sort it out.

many people are confusing leaving the Euro comon currency with leaving the EU. As you observe leaving the Euro is case of printinting new notes, setting a rate, and change-over date.

Leaving the EU itself is possibly a differnt propostion

akel 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat