Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » cyprus the mouse that roared Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
cyprus the mouse that roared 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Souvlaki101
Pictures: 2

well here we go the germans lost 2 world wars have they not learnt anything
not to dictate,by forcing the deposit losses,this will pull apart the euro,contagion willspread,the sooner we break up the better and no its not difficult to revert back to the pound and the pound will be strong as before,
being out of europe more deposits into banks more offshore companies and more tourists,we can allow russians ukraine tourists visa free,we can bring the price of fuel down not to be in parallel with the rest of europe,remenber also the gas is not to far away,also be scared we could lease land for a russian naval base,then what whos in charge of the med,so poker face anastiades dont be fooled,be the mouse that roared,ok its not so simple but its better than being a slave.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
mac69
Pictures: 0

Good for you , made me smile .

Let's see what tomorrow brings. Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

But no more EU money for projects? As for Russians - I am not aware they have any difficulties coming here.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Souvlaki101

no its not a difficuly for russians but once you get rid of the visa restrictions it makes life easier and as for being slaves to eu its better not to take there money,we should run from europe empires as we know from history never last,we do need friends we have the russians also israell and the arabs we have always been on good terms and thats where the monie is not in the old west ,please everyone wake up,tourists from europe will still flock here,not worried about germans.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Best thing Cyprus could do was say "F-ck you" and then leave the EURO Currency and wave bye, bye, to being the whore of Brussels. A devalued Cyp£ would see tourist flooding into the country and with them their money.

Things are not much better in the UK and if things continue the way they are, then the Conservatives will be re-elected and then the people of the UK will get their referendum and as such the UK will leave the Union and guess what, not much will ever change. The UK will become a cheaper place to trade and being the financial capital of the world, which as long as the meridian continues to run through London, nothing that the Eurocrats dictate will ever change that fact.

Cyprus has more going for it out, than it does by being in, Europe.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica

Surely the question should be WHY did Cyprus want to be in the EU club in the first place? Because they definitely DID. And were euphoric when they got in!

It had been going long enough before they joined for the problems and complaints associated with it to be well aired.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Souvlaki101

why do countries still want to join the euro,brainwashed offers of money to build roads infrastructure,we probably our love of Greece thinking that we are of the same,when dna has told us cypriots greek or turkish are the same,
also military thinking that we are now under the umbrella of europe.we still have not said we dont want to be in europe but i think we can do better on our own it will take time and faith,we like mercedes and audis but we dont need them.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Tangutica wrote:
Surely the question should be WHY did Cyprus want to be in the EU club in the first place? Because they definitely DID. And were euphoric when they got in!

It had been going long enough before they joined for the problems and complaints associated with it to be well aired.

That's simple. Much like every other banana republic thatís joined over the last decade or so, they saw it as one big fat cash cow to milk until they were fat and full. Problem is, which to be honest was never that hard to see coming, the cows udders are empty as they have been sucked dry as the grass that they graze on is no longer growing.

You can only run a Ponzi scheme (European Union) for so long before the output exceeds the input and the whole thing goes pear shaped.

Last edited by DAC on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:44 pm Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

Tangutica wrote:

I'm supprised u don't know the answer to that tang Shocked

Bill

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
geof j

luv your take on it souvlaki Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
romatarot

me too, souvlaki, applaud your well chosen words.

we are a growing circle of like-minded souls connecting at grass roots level

we do not trust speakers, we grow our own, harvest nature's generosity in season,

sharing is the only way forward

we all have more power than those 'nobs' who set up systems to mis-educate us and try to convince us to play their tennis matches in 'court' no and abide by 'the law', which in no way relates to real life

on a tennis court. play with rackets. now yet again, the 'racket' is exposed it's on its way out and more hopefully cannabilise itself.

'economic/political/terrorist' farce is a mass psy ops that doesn't work on people who cannot be conned, we are not greedy and they can go elsewhere with their sales patter.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:01 am Reply with quote
spanner

DAC wrote:
Tangutica wrote:

That's simple. Much like every other banana republic thatís joined over the last decade or so, they saw it as one big fat cash cow to milk until they were fat and full. Problem is, which to be honest was never that hard to see coming, the cows udders are empty as they have been sucked dry as the grass that they graze on is no longer growing.

You can only run a Ponzi scheme (European Union) for so long before the output exceeds the input and the whole thing goes pear shaped.

Cyprus joined the EU for one, and only one, reason, and that was to have more clout against Turkey, which didn't work either.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

spanner wrote:
DAC wrote:
Tangutica wrote:

Cyprus joined the EU for one, and only one, reason, and that was to have more clout against Turkey, which didn't work either.

Yes I know some who thought joining the EU meant that the EU would kick the Turkish army out of Cyprus for them. I didn't think they would form a majority though. I also know some who saw it as a way of them finally being 'joined to Greece' united through the EU. I don't 'get that' at all. But then there's a lot of stuff I 'don't get' Smile

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
scottie

Spanner is correct the majority voted for the EU for security reasons and like he said that did not work either .

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
devil
Pictures: 1

scottie wrote:
Spanner is correct the majority voted for the EU for security reasons and like he said that did not work either .

Wrong! No one voted! Cyprus is the only country that joined the EU in the last 10 years without a referendum! It was forced upon us by the politicians.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
scottie

devil wrote:
scottie wrote:

Wrong! No one voted! Cyprus is the only country that joined the EU in the last 10 years without a referendum! It was forced upon us by the politicians.

When I said voted I assumed that everyone knew there was no referendum . Cyprus as a whole voted for entry to the EU and I know no one who would if asked have voted against . The reaso being we thought it would bring security. Boy were we wrong !!!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

scottie wrote:
devil wrote:
scottie wrote:

When I said voted I assumed that everyone knew there was no referendum . Cyprus as a whole voted for entry to the EU and I know no one who would if asked have voted against . The reaso being we thought it would bring security. Boy were we wrong !!!

Has Cyprus been invaded since it joined the EU?

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
scottie

Stabilo wrote:
scottie wrote:
devil wrote:
scottie wrote:

When I said voted I assumed that everyone knew there was no referendum . Cyprus as a whole voted for entry to the EU and I know no one who woud if asked have voted against . The reaso being we thought it would bring security. Boy were we wrong !!!

Has Cyprus been invaded since it joined the EU?

It has now

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Stabilo
Membership Closed

Cyprus brought about this 'invasion' not the EU.

The EU are simply offering terms for a much needed loan. Knowing what most of us know about Cypriot Economics and Politics would you lend them Ä17bn (the amount actually required) on the promise of reform?

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
scottie

Stabilo wrote:
Cyprus brought about this 'invasion' not the EU.

The EU are simply offering terms for a much needed loan. Knowing what most of us know about Cypriot Economics and Politics would you lend them Ä17bn (the amount actually required) on the promise of reform?

No comment until I know the facts and the outcome. I refuse to speculate too much of that already
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat