Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Dionissos court Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Dionissos court 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Munky
Pictures: 0

Hi - Has anyone out there bought at Dionissos court on the main road to Paralimni?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote
nat695

Munky,

I have bought an apartment in this development. I think the location is excellent

I'm still waiting for the contract to be finalized, but it should all go through ok, as they've verbally agreed to my clauses being added.

Have you bought there too?

Nat
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Exactly where is this development, please?

Thanks, Marion

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:15 am Reply with quote
nat695

marion wrote:
Exactly where is this development, please?

Thanks, Marion

Marion its here - 35 2'55.66"N - 34 0'33.46"E

I'm not sure if thats EXACTLY the place, but its not far out, it could be the plot slightly further up.

Hope this helps.

Nat

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:52 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Thanks, Nat. So it's between Kyklades and Anna Court? I thought SK were being economical with the truth: "as it is less than 500m from the beautifull crystal blue sea of protaras." It's over 1km to Agia Triada!

Marion

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Munky

Hi Nat,

We're in the process of drawing up a contract through our lawyer (Louise) to buy appartment 6 in block A.

Which block are you in?

Also is there anything special you are having put in your contract that may be useful for me, or beneficial to all if we push for the same things?

Our appartment is promised to be complete around March next year so hopefully we'll get our first holiday in May 08.

Regards

David

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote
nat695

Marion, I think thet are being a little economical with the truth, but the location is ideal for us.

David, we bought Block C8 and should get the keys at end of September.

The clauses mostly came from Nigels website, eg

Right to sell, with a cap on charges

Land can't be mortgaged after we take delivery

SK must allow us to sell to persons who are mortgaging the property with out charging guarantee fees

These are the main clauses I remember off hand, I don;t have the others with my. If there are any other important clauses you or anyone thinks I should have addad, please feel free to let me know.

Nat

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Munky

Hi Nat,

It's amazing that you bought C8 we looked at it last Mon & Tue and really liked it but were told on the Tue that it had just been sold. A very good choice! great view

When did you last see it?

We've got a few pictures from last week when they were fitting the windows, if you contact me by email I'll send them through if you want.

Where in the UK do you live?

Cheers

David

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
nat695

David,

I've emailed you.

Very nice views indeed. I'm surprised the windows are going in so soon.

I was inside it last on 27 April, the day before I came home.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
SANDFLY

Just came to this site by chance,my wife and I just returned from Cyprus,we have reserved A9 on the top floor, the apartment ticked all the boxes,our only real concern was the gap between blocks A and C which will now be 6 townhouses,led to believe only 4 were going up.The developers have told me the sea view to the side will not be blocked.Having spent the past year researching and previous visits to Cyprus, the location of this property is very good and apartment size makes it an all year round proposition.
Having read so many different opinions on various sites,would be interested to know your thoughts on this development.

Steve

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
Munky

Hi Steve,

It's good to hear that the complex is filling up now.

We liked the location as it's close to the main bus route, supermarket etc. I think the new proposal for the town houses in the other block looks good, the only concerns I have are that the pool looks small and there's very little space around, plus i'm not 100% convinced they won't build on the patch of land in front of block A, but that isn't so much of a problem for you on the corner of the block at the top.

Did you take any pictures when you were there? I'd be interested to see how much things move on in a month.

Have you got an estimated completion date? we were told March 08 but I still haven't seen a contract yet.

Cheers

David

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
nat695

Steve,

We bought C8 on this development.

It may not be the ideal choice for everyone as it looks onto the main road. This is one of the things that swung it for us though, as we will be using the cycle path regularly and think the location is excellent.

The completion date on my contract is 'by the 30th September 2007'.

I'd also be very interested in any recent photos you have, it's been 5-6 weeks since I seen it.

According to the BUYSELL website, there are only five of the 22 apartments left. When I was over there was 13 left after we bought, so they seem to be going well.
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Nat

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
nat695

Steve, here is your apartment 5-6 weeks ago -

[/img]

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
nat695

Steve,

Here's another pic.

If you look closely, you will see some guys shifting scaffold boards, they were passing them from the roof, down to each level by hand.

I watched in horror as the guy in your apartment couldn't keep his balance, either he fell with it, or he let it go. WELL it dropped like a bullet and missed the guy at the botton by less than 1 metre, he ran about 10 metres away, shouted in Greek at the guy who dropped it, then carried on as if nothing had happened.

Health and Safety at Work - I think NOT.

DIONISSOS COURT 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:19 pm Reply with quote
SANDFLY

We took photos of block A, my son has just flown to Crete today with our camera so will post them in 2 weeks when he gets back, without losing our camera I hope.
We had a look around block C, all the bathrooms have been tiled ,
The next step for block A is the rendering.
We were shown the site through soldoncyprus.com and dealt with a Advocate in Paralimni(Chrysostomos Tsitsios).
We were told completion is for 30th April 2008,that is on our contract and payment is in 4 stages.
The only nagging doubt is could we have done better for our money or paid less and got more,I suppose pays yer money and take yer chance,always concerned someone out there is trying to turn you over.
I think the obvious mistake by many is buying out of the back and beyond for cheap,and not even consider where they can buy a pint of milk.
You guys have also come to the same conclusion on location,the only downside might be some road noise.
We looked at the Demari complex down the road and thought they were overpriced for what they were,blocks too close together, the sell that everything is on site did not work on us.
We also saw the Queen Victoria apartments in Kapparis,very nice and keenly priced overlooking border post,but little bit out the way.

Steve

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote
nat695

I see there are ony 3 apartments left on this development, has anyone else out there bought one?

I have also noticed that the Townhouses are off the market, does anyone know why?

Nat

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:47 am Reply with quote
Munky

Hi Nat,

I didn't know they'd withdrawn the town houses?

Maybe they've had no interest and will revert back to the original plan for a third block like ours? It's a shame I think having the more expensive townhouses on the complex may increase the profile of the complex and hence the value?

Maybe they're going to build a huge pool instead..........probably not!

You've not got long to wait now, have you booked your flights yet for September?

Cheers

David

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:43 am Reply with quote
nat695

David,

The larger pool would be great, but I doubt it also.

I'm booked for October with the family, but hope to get over in September too, to collect the keys, do some snagging and buy some furniture, FINGERS CROSSED.

My brother is over this week and says the building is painted the wall in front of it has been built and my kitchen is almost in, except the doors and worktops.

Very Happy ROLL ON SEPTEMBER! Very Happy

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quote
steve&maureen

HI NEIGHBOURS, WEVE ALSO BOUGHT THERE, OURS IS FLAT9 BLOCK C MY SISTER LIVES IN CYPRUS AND CHOSE THIS APARTMENT FOR US, ITS GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND THE LOCATION IS BRILL. TWO OF OUR DAUGHTERS ARE STAYING IN CYPRUS UNTIL JULY 15TH THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOOK AT THE APARTMENTS TO SEE WERE THEY ARE UP TO, WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. I WILL ALSO FIND OUT WHAT IS GETTING BUILT NOW INSTEAD OF THE TOWN HOUSES

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:50 pm Reply with quote
nat695

I see that Apartment A4 has come back on the market. Someone must've pulled out. See Below

Dionissos court 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments