Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups » More MP,s need your property problems
More MP,s need your property problems 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver
Pictures: 0

As well as the MP,s listed in our earlier post the Rt Honarable Alan Johnson is also backing our cause. ( He has a family member involved in this debacle )

He is in touch with Ken Clarke, Edward Mcmillan-Scott, Vivienne Redding and William Hague all of whom are keen to collect as much info as possible on the problems we are all enduring.

I would urge you all again to get in contact with these people and let them know what you are going through. WE ARE FAR STRONGER AS A GROUP!

You can contact Alan @
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

PLEASE don,t leave it to others contact him A.S.A.P!
Steve.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

mps to contact 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
pigeonman

I SECOND THAT STEVE.EVERYONE INVOLVED NEEDS TO AIR THEIR VIEWS OR REGISTER THEIR OWN PROBLEMS SO WE ALL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING THINGS SORTED.THE QUICKER THE BETTER
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am Reply with quote
nikcnet

I understand that 60 MPs are in the All Party Parliamentary Group promoting the interests of property owners in Cyprus.

This looks encouraging in terms of raising awareness and hopefully prompting some positive action to break the logjam of inaction by the authorities in Cyprus. Like it or not we are part of the great voyage of discovery that is the European Union - and any influence UK MPs can exert on behalf of UK property owners is surely welcome.

There are obviously many MPs who are not part of the Group so the encouragement extends to weary and disaffected property owners to approach their MP and ask if they are involved and if not to get stuck in on their behalf.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
property problems? where is YOUR support 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver

I see that Hundreds of people have viewed recent posts on on the all party group being set up to try and help with the problems faced by thousands of property purchsers in Cyprus.

If you are interested enough to look at the posts WHERE IS YOUR SUPPORT? - DO NOT think that by leaving it to a few regulars YOUR problems will be solved.

It is vital that you get motivated, remove your head from the sand and contact YOUR MP to join the all party group.

Also Contact the MP,s listed in the earlier posts and lets see some REAL support for the cause.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CLIENTS suffering the same property problems all over Cyprus imagine how powerfull we could be if we spoke as one!!!!!

Come on lets get organised - show your faces reply to this post and let us know you exist!

steve

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Well said and reiterated. Together is where the strength is surely all can see that.

Vee [its me]
more MP 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
crissbroon

cyprussmoothie wrote:
Well said and reiterated. Together is where the strength is surely all can see that.

Vee [its me]

The strength is in knowing the enemy battle plans. According to someone who attended the recent PICAS meeting, when the question of what was happening with SNK arose, the reply from the panel lawyer was that developments were imminent but he could.nt discuss what they were.
A fat lot of good that is when you go to your MP looking for support.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hi Chris, long time no hear.#

Actually what the lawyer stated was that he was not prepared to comment at that time but would in due course be in contact with those concerned. He could not say further than that and must be respected for his honesty.

How awful it would be to give out wrong information, battle plans or otherwise until he had full facts in his hand. Obviously there is an awful lot going on behind the scenes with SNK and other issues and knowing him as we do he will indeed be updating.

Warm wishes

Vee [its me]
more MP 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
crissbroon

cyprussmoothie wrote:
Hi Chris, long time no hear.#

Actually what the lawyer stated was that he was not prepared to comment at that time but would in due course be in contact with those concerned. He could not say further than that and must be respected for his honesty.

How awful it would be to give out wrong information, battle plans or otherwise until he had full facts in his hand. Obviously there is an awful lot going on behind the scenes with SNK and other issues and knowing him as we do he will indeed be updating.

Warm wishes

Vee [its me]
Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. I feel I should point out however that for the benefit of those who still accuse SNK buyers of burying their heads in the sand, CRI have already informed purchasers that they are in the process of compiling their final report and will be sending this out in due course to individual households concerned.
The final report was supposed to have been sent out on 15th Feb. but has not yet been sent for reasons that have yet to be satisfactorily clarified.
Each SNK project have reps dealing with CRI and as each project (indeed household) has differing degrees of problems the reports will be sent to individual purchasers outlining how CRI intend to progress.
I suggest that once everyone receives their report, this will be the time for action.
I have said many times that until you know what exactly you are up against there is little point in running to MPs, or even lawyers (especially those who claim to know more than you do).
There are already those who have needlessly spent money on the advice of those who claim to know better and have found they are absolutely no further forward.
To all SNK buyers I would say be patient a little longer. We have waited a long time to find out exactly what we are going to be fighting but the fight is coming soon.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

I so agree patience is what is needed. We ourselves have been patient for nearly 8 years [we are not SNK clients] and will continue to wait for a happy or nearly happy outcome.

If you would like a copy of our story i will happily send it on to you as it makes a change bedtime reading lol.

Again warm wishes

Vee [its me]

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
definatelymaybe

Hi everyone,

New to posting here - normally just lurking around looking for info but on this occasion I think I need to offer support Smile

We purchased a villa in the Famagusta area in 2007 - like so many other poor innocent soles we opted for a CHF mortgage on the advise of a local IFA who walked us through the process and deal with the bank on our behalf.

At the time, again like so many others here, we never thought we'd be in this dire situation today.
That said, I appreciate that there are many worse off than us - we actually have a property - I'm aware that some are paying a mortgage but still have nothing to show for they're money.

We have contacted our local MEP in the UK (prior to seeing this post) and are awaiting a response.

I've seen a few of these property action group pop up and read with interest.

Our mortgage payments have all but doubled in the last 24-36 months and we are really beginning to struggle with payments. What is really sickening us is that the banks are upping they're charges willynilly (never pointed out to us that this could happen), meaning that whilst we may be on a repayment mortgage - we're actually paying next to nothing off of the capital borrowed. This is worsening the situation and rubbing salt into the wound.

I'm guessing there are many like us and many worse off.

What can we do?
More MP,s need your property problems 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups