Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

 
Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

    
Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » So All Good News Then NOT! Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic   View previous topic : View next topic 
So All Good News Then NOT! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 1467
Pictures: 1
Location: Oroklini and MANCHESTER UK

 
From The Financial Mirror

http://www.financialmirror.com/news-details.php?nid=28405#.UM7qCZ5ehoc.facebook

"Cyprus economy expected to mark 3.5% negative growth in 2013"
17 December, 2012

Cyprus’ economy is expected to mark 3.5% negative growth rate in 2013, and 1.3% in 2014, according to the macroeconomic projections of the Central Bank of Cyprus, issued on Friday.

The projections are based on the assumptions and data available as at 23 November 2012.

According to the Economic Bulletin, issued by the CB, the expected shrinkage of the Cyprus economy is due to the domestic demand.

For 2012, Cyprus GDP is expected to mark a decrease of 2.4% as result of the deterioration of the domestic negative atmosphere. The projections for 2012 have been significantly revised downwards, compared with those of June 2012 due to the negative course of the Cyprus economy and the adoption of austerity measures, which are included in the draft agreement of a Memorandum with Troika (IMF, ECB, EC).

The rate of unemployment in Cyprus, according to the projections of the Central Bank, is expected to reach 12% in 2012, 13.7% in 2013 and 14.2% in 2014. The projections for the unemployment rate have been significantly revised downwards, compared to previous projections, as a result of the projections for the shrinkage of the economy.

With respect to inflation, the CB forecasts that it will slow down to 3.1%, compared to 3.5% in 2011. In 2013, the CB forecasts that the inflation will mark a further decrease and will fall to 1.5%, despite the increase in tobacco, alcoholic drinks, and oil prices and the increase of VAT, which are included in the Memorandum with Troika. In 2014, inflation will reach 1.3.

The Central Bank notes that the private consumption is expected to register a decrease of 4.8% in 2012, compared with an increase of 0.2% in 2011. This is verified by some indexes, such as the retail sales, which marked a decrease of 3.2% in August 2012.

As far as the projection for private consumption in 2013 is concerned, it is expected to mark a decrease of 5.3% and of 2.1% in 2014. Public consumption is also expected to register a decrease of 1% in 2012. For 2013 and 2014 public consumption is expected to mark a decrease of 11.2% and 2.8% respectively.

_________________
Chinese proverb: Man with mind running fast man mad, man with mind stopped man god!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
devil
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5637
Pictures: 1
Location: Mosfiloti

 
The term "negative growth" is a stupid oxymoron. If a thing grows, it gets bigger. If it reduces in size, it shrinks. Have you ever heard of the opposite of "negative growth"? It would be "positive shrinkage".

The correct headline should be
"Cyprus economy expected to mark 3.5% shrinkage in 2013"

As a graduate pedant, I object when journalists and others try to put jam on my bread and butter by employing senseless euphemisms.

_________________
Devil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
Erm
Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 138
Pictures: 0

 
devil wrote:
The term "negative growth" is a stupid oxymoron. If a thing grows, it gets bigger. If it reduces in size, it shrinks. Have you ever heard of the opposite of "negative growth"? It would be "positive shrinkage".

The correct headline should be
"Cyprus economy expected to mark 3.5% shrinkage in 2013"

As a graduate pedant, I object when journalists and others try to put jam on my bread and butter by employing senseless euphemisms.


Totally agree.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 1467
Pictures: 1
Location: Oroklini and MANCHESTER UK

 
devil wrote:
The term "negative growth" is a stupid oxymoron. If a thing grows, it gets bigger. If it reduces in size, it shrinks. Have you ever heard of the opposite of "negative growth"? It would be "positive shrinkage".

The correct headline should be
"Cyprus economy expected to mark 3.5% shrinkage in 2013"

As a graduate pedant, I object when journalists and others try to put jam on my bread and butter by employing senseless euphemisms.


Whatever way you wish to read read it what I can safely deduce from it is that Cyprus is knackered next year, if of course the data was correct they used to arrive at the figures!

_________________
Chinese proverb: Man with mind running fast man mad, man with mind stopped man god!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:43 am Reply with quote
rockjock
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Posts: 1338
Pictures: 0
Location: Liopetri

 
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.

RJ

_________________
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 1467
Pictures: 1
Location: Oroklini and MANCHESTER UK

 
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....

_________________
Chinese proverb: Man with mind running fast man mad, man with mind stopped man god!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 6763
Pictures: 0

 
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 1467
Pictures: 1
Location: Oroklini and MANCHESTER UK

 
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)

_________________
Chinese proverb: Man with mind running fast man mad, man with mind stopped man god!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel


Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 am Reply with quote
devil
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5637
Pictures: 1
Location: Mosfiloti

 
eddiewizz wrote:

You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus


They have one thing in common, a TOTALLY incompetent government and leadership. As far as the economics are concerned, the UK cannot apply to the ECB for a bailout. They would have only the IMF to apply to and they don't qualify for that - yet. Confidence in the short term gilt markets is at an all time low with yields mostly less than ˝%, because the BoE has not got the ready cash to pay more without "quantitative easing" which is financial-speak for printing more money (highly inflationary). This has artificially pushed the prices up, so that they are simply not selling. You have to go to maturities beyond 2016 to see reasonable yields, so investor confidence is poor for beyond the mandate of this government.

_________________
Devil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 6763
Pictures: 0

 
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans


Last edited by spurs on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 1467
Pictures: 1
Location: Oroklini and MANCHESTER UK

 
spurs wrote:


I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should would be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans


Agreed on this one Wink

_________________
Chinese proverb: Man with mind running fast man mad, man with mind stopped man god!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
spanner
Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 5975
Pictures: 0

 
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:


I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should would be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans


Agreed on this one Wink


Up the spurs!

_________________
"In the works"
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2226
Pictures: 1
Location: cuckoo land

 
Good man Spurs, you're on the button. They know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Of course things will get better. Blaming every Tom, Dick and Harry is an everyday event in most countries throughout the world at present. We'll all pay a price before it's over, then things will be brilliant again for another decade, or two, then we'll do the same thing all over again. People have different ways of laying the blame for these things, but in the end, it's known as greed and we all practice it, one way or another.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:33 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11271
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:39 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 6763
Pictures: 0

 
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.
Did the Rodent squeak Sleep
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel



Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

 
Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11271
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.
Did the Rodent squeak Sleep


Is anybody on this forum suprised at spurs response.

Spurs!! If you were to read a post properly and not choose the bits you think are important I was not in dissagreement re your thoughts on the gas.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 6763
Pictures: 0

 
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.
Did the Rodent squeak Sleep


Is anybody on this forum suprised at spurs response.

Spurs!! If you were to read a post properly and not choose the bits you think are important I was not in dissagreement re your thoughts on the gas.
....... Quite right about the gas..... you seem to have forgotton about your snide remarks, regards running your own forum Rolling Eyes it seems you choose what bits you care to remember.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #18   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Joined: 08 Oct 2005
Posts: 11271
Pictures: 1
Location: kapparis,cyprus

 
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.
Did the Rodent squeak Sleep


Is anybody on this forum suprised at spurs response.

Spurs!! If you were to read a post properly and not choose the bits you think are important I was not in dissagreement re your thoughts on the gas.
....... Quite right about the gas..... you seem to have forgotton about your snide remarks, regards running your own forum Rolling Eyes it seems you choose what bits you care to remember.



Yes spurs!! But I was responding to your remark about the so called Cyprus Haters, the whingers we all know who they are. Or do you think that we should be denied the right of reply. Hence the reason I mentioned about you running the forum, and I was right because I got your usual emoticon.

_________________
kevin
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed
Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 6763
Pictures: 0

 
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
mouse wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
spurs wrote:
eddiewizz wrote:
rockjock wrote:
For once I totally agree with Devil. Why use financial media speak?

I would also like to point out that after two weeks back in the UK that it's not any better there. I don't care what spin the various think tanks/government agencies etc put on the statistics, my eyes and observations tell me different.

Every town has closed shops on their high streets and, if you enquire how business is with the survivors, you will be told that they are just scraping by.

So, wherever you are the answer to all the problems is the same. Batten down the hatches and get by until things improve.


RJ


You cannot compare the UK with Cyprus it has an entirely different set of problems to Cyprus AKA the UK has not applied for a bailout loan with the conditions that come with it and it has a lot bigger poulation to sustain things and not a population that is shrinking and / or seasonal like here because people are leaving the island for whatever reason, as for battening down the hatches yeah, sound advice, only most people started doing that a year ago, there aint no more hatches to batten down any more! This article is interesting because it gives an INDICATION of what next year will be like ie worse than this one, great if you are doing any planning etc.

P.S. if your eyes do not see this place going down the sh**ter, time to go to Specsaver's me thinks, because it IS..... Big Time.....
Cyprus has been through a lot worse then this in its History, It will get through this, bad news for all you Cyprus haters out there


Spurs I do not hate Cyprus but if you do not admit it has a major problem at the moment then I gasp in disbelief, If I hated Cyprus I would not still be here I would go "Home" so to speak, what I am pi**ed off about is the total apathy by which the goverment "AKA Comrade Christofias" seems to refuse to recognise it has a problem and deal with it, how the hell can you get a President who initially asks for a 5 Billion bailout loan and then thumps his fists on the desk in disbelief when they tell him the country actually needs 17 Billlion (and its still rising - closer to 20 when the washing is hung out)
I know you dont hate Cyprus, I was referring to the usual whingers we all know who they are....I think this President has been a disaster but I don't think that the other lot would be any better........I feel that Cyprus's savior will be the Gas finds,......what does make me laugh is all these monetary experts we have on this forum,with all there knowledge and expertise ..they should be rolling in dosh, yet in the real world their hopping from shop to shop trying to save 2p on a tin of baked beans



Confused If you think the gas is going to save Cyprus, then you must count yourself amongst the monetry experts. I don't actually dissagree with your point about the gas lets hope it's true. But there is also an old saying, Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves. (Or something like that).
Now your point about the whingers on this forum, I have got an idea, Why don't you run the forum and then you can tell everyone what they must talk about. Or start one up yourself and you can talk and answer yourself all day.
The way I see it, the real Cyprus Haters are the ones who know there are problems but who choose to keep there heads buried in the sand and then do nothing and say nothing to change the problems.
Did the Rodent squeak Sleep


Is anybody on this forum suprised at spurs response.

Spurs!! If you were to read a post properly and not choose the bits you think are important I was not in dissagreement re your thoughts on the gas.
....... Quite right about the gas..... you seem to have forgotton about your snide remarks, regards running your own forum Rolling Eyes it seems you choose what bits you care to remember.



Yes spurs!! But I was responding to your remark about the so called Cyprus Haters, the whingers we all know who they are. Or do you think that we should be denied the right of reply. Hence the reason I mentioned about you running the forum, and I was right because I got your usual emoticon.
Laughing Laughing Priceless
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
devil
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5637
Pictures: 1
Location: Mosfiloti

 
Please, folks, please delete any hierarchy of quotes greater than two. They are unnecessary, annoying and take up costly SQL space on the server.

_________________
Devil
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
So All Good News Then NOT! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  


All times are GMT  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next


  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic   
Search Tags:



 Facebook Page    Facebook Group    Our Channel    Cyprus eBay Search    Shopping To Cyprus    Contact Admin   SmartFeed RSS Feed



BUYING PROPERTY IN CYPRUS? PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEEK INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE FIRST.
Cyprus forum covering Kapparis, Protaras, Pernera, Agia Napa, Agia Thekla, Paralimni, Larnaca, Oroklini, Pervolia & surrounding areas
Please note that the views expressed on this forum are those of the author and may not reflect the views of the management.
* Problems Logging In? Click To Contact Us | Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group Design Style: VTrushkin | View Lo-Fi Version