Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups » Warning: Hassapis
Warning: Hassapis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Da Funk
Pictures: 0

On a slightly separate issue but just thought I would give people a heads up what to expect when dealing with this company.

I bought a house from Hassapis in 2005 in Oroklini. At the time I had a large deposit and was approved for a mortgage with both the Bank of Cyprus and Emporiki Bank. Emporiki Bank offered better terms and rates but insisted that they would require a letter of guarantee from Hassapis and there bank (Bank of Cyprus) until my title deeds were issued to protect myself, and Emporiki Bank. I agreed that I would purchase the property providing Hassapis pay all of the bank guarantee charges until my title deeds were transferred from the Land Registry and Hassapis which they agreed on. There head of credit control and one of there credit control employees authorised this and were present in the bank along with there now Manager of Emporiki Bank. They told me to expect the title deeds no later than 2 years in writing. As 2 years passed I continued to query with my bank about the letter of guarantee and they assured me not to worry as the developer was still paying for it.

7 years later this year I was informed my title deeds were almost ready for transfer to me and that the developer now had the title deeds in there name. I made an appointment with the developer and told them I would fly over to Cyprus to complete the transfer into my name. To my shock they issued my a bill of over 11,000 Euros for you guessed it the bank guarantee charges that they had paid and previously agreed to pay until the issue of the title deeds.

In that 7 years I found many many defects and faults and complained many times to the developer and in the end after no success I paid several thousands in the 5 figure sums to rectify and improve the poor workmanship and defects that I had in the build of the property. I arranged a meeting with Mr Hassapis and explained that I had an agreement in place that the developer would pay the bank guarantee if I were to purchase the property. He denied all knowledge of this and said the people who promised this both the credit control manager and officer in the company no longer worked there (they had to go to him for authorisation) and that there was no agreement in place and I would not receive the title deeds until I paid Hassapis over 11,000 Euros. This did not include all of the transfer fees, immovable taxes, additional bank charges, lawyers fees that would equate to around 17,000 Euros. I told him I did not have that money and only had enough money to lay the mortgage for a few months and only had 2700 Euros in my account. He said he would reduce the bank guarantee charge down to that and give me my title deeds if I did. I got him to sign that in writing while over there so I at least had something as I had lost all faith in the company and man now.

Over the weekend I gathered all my evidence of photographs, emails and complaints from over the years to show him my evidence that I had paid tens of thousands of Euros already to fixing all of the cracks, problems, poor workmanship to the villa and exterior grounds. I pointed out that I still did not feel I should pay any of the bank guarantee as per our previous agreement but as he said I had nothing in writing then he would not waive this money he was trying to extort from me and hence if I did not pay it I would not receive my title deeds.

In the meeting he continued to take personal calls on his mobile and speak in Cypriot, with 2 henchmen either side of him. When I showed him the photographic emails and evidence of all the work I had carried out, along with the complaints and emails and I thought he should be responsible for this he then took another of his Cypriot calls, disappeared from his office and never returned only to send his secretary in to tell me the meeting was over and he was no longer available and refused to see me for the remaining 2 days I was in Cyprus even though I phoned, made appointments and continued to turn up at his office.

I was absolutely disgusted with the man and the treatment I had received and proceeded with instructions to leave it in my lawyers hands. With instructions that I refused to pay the reduced bank guarantee bill out of principal and that I was looking for damages and breach of contract for the poor quality of build I received. Many months passed after trying to get somewhere with my lawyer and it came to my attention that the company might be in financial trouble and I was now in fear that the developer had the power to remortgage my property so I instructed my lawyer reluctantly to proceed as soon as possible with the transfer of deeds to my name and I would pay the reduced bank guarantee disputed money in order to receive my title deeds.

Thank fully the transfer of deeds to my name is now complete and I do not have to worry about losing my property now. However I thought people should know what to expect from this man and company.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:56 pm Reply with quote
ethel

I think this is the same company that has built the University in Pyla that no one here wanted and the UN is trying to close down
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

ethel wrote:
I think this is the same company that has built the University in Pyla that no one here wanted and the UN is trying to close down
Got any facts that no body wanted it.......... Rolling Eyes
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:06 am Reply with quote
Bigade
Pictures: 4

why would they want to close it down, are there problems with students and locals?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

Bigade wrote:
why would they want to close it down, are there problems with students and locals?
No there's no problem apart from a whinging expat that doesn't want more traffic in Pyla... Rolling Eyes never mind the economic benefits for the village and most importantly it will bring Greek/Turkish Cypriots together at the University......

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote
Bigade
Pictures: 4

spurs wrote:
Bigade wrote:
No there's no problem apart from a whinging expat that doesn't want more traffic in Pyla... Rolling Eyes never mind the economic benefits for the village and most importantly it will bring Greek/Turkish Cypriots together at the University......

then someone should take him out the back and show him the error of his ways!

There's always one ....... Sad
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Hasapis 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Soc Monkey

Very bad story reg Hasapis from many. They built my property in Pyla and I still do not have deeds. Hasapis and Absolute are still in operation in Pyla and have built UCLan which in the opinion of many is actually the greatest thing to happen in Pyla since the daily bus to Larnaka. How can we get our deeds?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
ethel

Go and do a n50 search on your property and i think you will find a big mortgage on it as according to someone who worked for them this is how they financed the UClan.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm Reply with quote
geoffreys
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

Bigade wrote:
spurs wrote:
Bigade wrote:

then someone should take him out the back and show him the error of his ways!

There's always one ....... Sad

I can lend him a baseball bat!
Geoff

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Soc Monkey

UCLAN is excellent and well received by the majority
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Da Funk

Is there anyone else had similar problems with Hassapis? Are they even still operating?

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:43 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

ethel wrote:

living in Oroklini I've been told the same thing from lots of people that have bought from this developer .

in fact it was a joke amongst friends that wen they said this developer had built their house the reply would be "you will never see the deeds for a long time and by some miracle they are available it will cost a arm and both legs lol --

hardly a advert for a nice company to deal with .

that's why forums like this are vital

Bill

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
ethel

Bill this University was built WITHOUT planning permission,the UN stated they will oppose it,and did,no TCs were used in the building of it,no TCs are employed in it and the young students think our roads are race tracks,it has brought NOTHING to Pyla.I feel sorry for the Residents who bought apartments paid big money and now look directly into the Uni.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
bill

ethel wrote:
Bill this University was built WITHOUT planning permission,the UN stated they will oppose it,and did,no TCs were used in the building of it,no TCs are employed in it and the young students think our roads are race tracks,it has brought NOTHING to Pyla.I feel sorry for the Residents who bought apartments paid big money and now look directly into the Uni.

built on tc owned land or roc land ???????????????

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
ethel

bill wrote:
ethel wrote:

TCs sold the land to put this on,the UN still oppose it.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
bill

ethel wrote:
bill wrote:
ethel wrote:

TCs sold the land to put this on,the UN still oppose it.

well not as bad as some of the villages where houses have been built on Turkish owned farm land-- ok I guess they will never get the deeds but that's not the point lol

Bill

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups