Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » fair rental charge?
fair rental charge? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
zam
Pictures: 0

What would be an average fair rental price for a new one bed apart with parking and pool and walking distance into larnaca (5 minutes) What would be a fair monthly charge for Jan- march. Also what would be fair for July, August and September and do you include air con in the price or would three month lets pay separately for it? Thanks Zam
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
DAC
Pictures: 9

Hi,

Not sure about the rental charge, but if I was renting for a 3 month period I would make it an 'all in' rental charge. Other wise you have to change all the bills to there names for only a short period of time. As well as the normal damage deposit, you could agree a fair useage of electricty and charge a seperate energy deposit that would be refunded after you have received the bills.
In the summer months we work on 20 units of electricty per day for our 2 bed apartment. This is enough for our guests to do the following: a washing machine cycle, dishwasher cycle, tv, dvd player and lighting as required, plus it is also enough for 9 hours of air-conditioning useage (that lot actually only uses 17 units, but 20 is easier to work out) . read the meter at the start and at the end of the stay, any higher reading than that looses the deposit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
fair rental? 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
zam
Pictures: 0

Thanks Dac, That info was very useful Smile We are thinking of renting out via a letting agent but not sure what would be fair price-wise. We had been quoted 300cyp a month for a one bed but as rental is new to us wanted to hear other opinions. Thanks again Zam
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:47 am Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

I went round the agents with a friends son last August looking for a two bed flat .

The monthly prices we found for a long let were as follows :-

One bed new furnished between 170 and 230 ~~

Two bed new furnished between 260 and 360 ~~

Three bed new furnished between 340 and 420 ~~

He eventually settled for a large three bed apartment costing 350 per month which was brand new and very nicely furnished ~ we negotiated this price down from the asking price of 400.

There are so many apartments / flats available in Larnaca at the moment it's very much a renters market .

A friend recently let out her very nice ( not new ) two bed flat at 230 a month after dropping the price down from 300 and considered herself lucky that she managed to rent it out.

The prices quoted are for long lets usually 12 months so I don't really know about lets for three months or if anybody would be interested .

As you intend to let it out via an agency I'm sure that they will know the going rate to charge and also be able to advise you re aircon / electric etc.

I would imagine you would have no difficulty renting it out during the summer months to summer seasonal workers but would you really want to do this .

I hope the info is helpful

Dacs advice is very good for calculating electric usage

Bill
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
fair rental charge? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments