Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Gynecologist Paralimni Hospital
Gynecologist Paralimni Hospital 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 am Reply with quote
nightshade
Pictures: 0

Please could someone tell me the procedure for seeing the Gynecologist at Paralimni Hospital
Can i tel and make an appt or do i have to go and see a general dr first
Many Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
The Wombles

You just go straight to the gynae department and ask to make an appointment. You do not need to see a GP first.
Good luck
Helen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Thought it may be of some help to tell you where the department is as it is not in the hospital. As you face the main entrance to the hospital turn right and follow the path round the main building you will pass a small churh on your right and the department is the building directly facing you Hope this is of help Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote
nightshade

Thankyou both for the info, had no idea where it was and shall go find it tomorrow morning Smile
Female gynecologist ? 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote
janexx
Pictures: 4

I know this is an old thread, just wondering is the Gynecologist at Paralimni hospital female ?
If not, is he any good? And does he speak English ?

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:57 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Following replies on behalf of wife. She found the male genealogist very unpleasant so used Lito. Be interested to learn of other choices .

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:52 pm Reply with quote
chubbycheeks

I only use the Lito. Had a bad experience where the Gynaecologist at Gen Hosp failed over 5 yrs to detect a large, painful, growth which of course, could have been cancerous. Within 15 minutes of an examination at the Lito, the growth was discovered, biopsy booked & all the tests needed for a major op arranged. Thankfully the growth wasn't cancerous & was successfully removed within 2 weeks of seeing the Dr.
Will never use the Gen Hosp again.
Always go to Dr Flouris.
Also never use the general for mammograms. Much better & quicker results with Maria at the Lito.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
janexx
Pictures: 4

Thanks Chubbycheeks, always good to know of places to avoid, awful that you had such a bad experience at General.
Same as your wife sensiblebob, thanks for your replies

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:16 pm Reply with quote
lindask

Yep-the Gynaecologist at Paralimni hospital is abrupt and unpleasant -I thought it was just me having the problem !

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:59 pm Reply with quote
scottie

lindask wrote:
Yep-the Gynaecologist at Paralimni hospital is abrupt and unpleasant -I thought it was just me having the problem !

It's such a shame , the doctor before him was an absolute gem but yes this one is really unpleasant
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:10 am Reply with quote
meggie

I agree the doctor at the General is not a nice man (putting it mildly) I did see another doctor after a traumatic experience with him. I also have seen a lovely one in the building next to the Lito behind the pharmacy. Can't remember his name but he was very kind and respectful . His office is next to the reception area so not difficult to find.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:45 pm Reply with quote
2diffs

meggie wrote:
I agree the doctor at the General is not a nice man (putting it mildly) I did see another doctor after a traumatic experience with him. I also have seen a lovely one in the building next to the Lito behind the pharmacy. Can't remember his name but he was very kind and respectful . His office is next to the reception area so not difficult to find.

The one in the General Hospital is going to retire soon, he is just keeping his hand in. He has the bedside manner of a mortuary attendant.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Blossom

2diffs wrote:
meggie wrote:

The one in the General Hospital is going to retire soon, he is just keeping his hand in. He has the bedside manner of a mortuary attendant.

Serious thread, why do you need to ruin it? Rolling Eyes

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Why ruined? It's the truth and in other countries there would be a system to get him to stop his behaviour. A mortuary attendant could hardly cause his patience distress but friends and relatives find this gynacologist so distressing we felt unable to use him and paid to use Lito.
If he does retire soon would like to know when as the General hospital has provided us with satisfactory service. Perhaps a copy of this thread should be shown to the hospital authorities.
Gynecologist Paralimni Hospital 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines