Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups » Tomorrow's SNK Meeting. Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tomorrow's SNK Meeting. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy
Pictures: 0

I sure that all the PICAS members wish all the SNK owners good luck for tomorrow's meeting
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
cornwall1

Hi baileyboy

Any ideas where/how I can get update info on SNK Ive emailed and called the lawyer, alas not getting anywhere - I work funny hours in the UK so cant phone back when they want me to. Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Cornish
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Hi Cornish,
I would hope some of the SNK owners will contact you and bring you up to speed of what is or isn't happening.(very little I suspect)
In the meantime look up Steve SDJ's posting :
SNK meeting of creditors/members meeting of 28th September 2012
You will get some info there. (use forum search button)

Last edited by baileyboy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:22 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Just a thought, are you on the PICAS mailing list yet? Sometimes the SNK saga is discussed quite openly and recorded.

Go to the PICAS website and you can request to be included on the list for all future notes of meetings.

Hope you get some answers

Vee [its me]

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote
cornwall1

That's great. Thank you.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
nikcnet

cornwall1 wrote:
That's great. Thank you.

Anyone wishing to enrol on the PICAS mailing list should visit:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
- go to the Contact Us tab and complete the form in the drop down menu.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Ooops sorry Nikcnet forgot to put that on my posting but as ever you spotted it and saved me delegating the task.............

Vee [its me]

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver

Good Morning Cornish,

I can,t offer any good news regarding SNK I,m afraid. I am one of four clients STILL waiting for my property on Elena Gardens which is still at the shell stage.

I have to question what exactly CRI are doing to try and rectify this mess.

I Have to send EVERY E-mail several times before anyone can be bothered to respond and then all we get is " We will be in contact over the next few days" and suprise suprise NOTHING HAPPENS.

Over a year ago now we suggested how to finish our four properties using OUR OWN funds owed under contract but CRI despite showing initial interest at the face to face meeting decided despite many prompts to do NOTHING about it which has resulted in one of the four clients who owed 60% of the finance required to finish Elena walking away from his propety ( which we don,t blame him for ) after the strain caused the breakdown of his marriage - the fourth breakdown out of 12 clients involved in Elena.

Faced with this new problem we have made a new suggestion to CRI that the remaining Three clients despite many missgivings " invest" ( a joke in itself! ) in his unfinished property in order that we can raise funds to try and get our villas as close to finished as possible - guess what? - we are STILL waiting for a response after many requestes over the last TWO MONTHS.

Let me tell you NOTHING will happen anytime in the near future - if at all.

The people involved care little about the day to day stress and worries we are all living with and I suspect they rather enjoy playing with people's lives.

They are so full of their own self importance - after all the longer they can drag out this whole saga the richer thay become! ( I was quoted 500 Euro,s per hour if I wanted to meet with them again) with attitude like this how can anything get sorted!

The mortgage debt on Elena has climbed from 1.7 to 2.5 million Euro,s in the time this thing has been dragging on and will only climb higher over the coming months and years of inaction!!

I wish everybody involved with SNK a Merry christmas and Happy New Year as I suspect I will be doing again this time next year - will anything have changed by then? WATCH OUT FOR FLYING PIGS!

Steve

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
cornwall1

HI Steve and Julie

sounds like your having a right old time of it!

where is elena gardens? and who are the cri? please. Are you living in cyprus? Are you using the lawyer on here? if so what's he like sorry for all the questions but if you don't ask then you don't know. you can pm if you like.

I really hope that it gets better for you two in the new year

Cornish

Last edited by cornwall1 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hello Steve and all the SNK OWNERS because this is what you are. You have worked hard, saved hard and fought so d--ned hard for what is rightfully yours.

I can well understand the present situation causing breakdowns and our hearts go out to everyone caught up in this mess.

I so agree that CRI have an awful lot to answer for but i am careful as i am not an SNK owner [nearly was] but their hands must now be forced to provide answers. They have had far longer than they deserve to get wheels in motion re this sorry saga and put right wrongs done.

As stated so very many times in the past that if ALL those affected by SNK came together as one then the legal bill would be significantly less than going it alone. Makes sense surely regardless of who the legal representative would be.

At PICAS this has been mentioned and suggested so very many times by our lawyer Stelios Stylianou and we can only lead people to water but cannot force them to drink can we? We can only offer advice on the best way forward.

Please give it some thought. I just wish i had a magic wand to make all this misery go away but i can't.

Cornish, CRI are the liquidators involved in all this.

Please try to have a good christmas and let us fight on together in 2013.

Vee [its me]

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Hi Steve,
Many thanks for your reply to Cornish's post re SNK. CRI appear to be doing very little for the SNK owners. I don't know if it is possible to change the liquidator? Perhaps it is too late now.
I would echo Cyprussmoothies sentiment that all the SNK owners need to get together and become a force to be reckoned with. This does not necessary need to be under the PICAS banner (although we would be quite happy to do so) but we would continue to support the SNK owners in any way we can.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver

Hi Cornish and all at PICAS,

I am using Giovannis Kouzalis ( Paralimini ) as my solicitor as I was pursuaded to join him when he was appointed administartor three years ago. Prior to this I was using a lawyer from Limassol as Elena Gardens is in Xlofagou and I was advised to use a lawyer as far away as possible from the developers.

I am not living in Cyprus but having made 17 trips to and from in the past 2 1/2 years ( spending some 20k plus ) it certainly feels like I am!

Each trip has been made on a promise from either Giovannis in his role as adminidstrator or CRI as liquidators of a way forward only to find that we have embarked on yet another wild goose chase and actually nothing is happening, so here we are some four years after I should have taken delivery of my property - 250k down and only a concrete shell to show for it.

I have posted on the forum before inviting SNK clients to get in touch so as we might move forward in greater numbers but to no avail.

I am mistified at the VERY LATHARGIC response from clients and I must say a little dissapointed as it was money I forwarded to Giovannis in good faith whilst he was administrator which allowed for electricity to be connected to the site and allowed people to move in and take the all important possession of their properties whilst I and the other three clients who also contributed were left with nothing to take possession of!

So I say again to all SNK clients WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE nothing will happen unless we FORCE the issue in some way and as has already quite rightly been pointed out should legal action be required ( whatever that involves ) surly costs are better shared by many than bourne by a few!

Steve.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
cornwall1

I am mistified at the VERY LATHARGIC response from clients and I must say a little dissapointed as it was money I forwarded to Giovannis in good faith whilst he was administrator which allowed for electricity to be connected to the site and allowed people to move in and take the all important possession of their properties whilst I and the other three clients who also contributed were left with nothing to take possession of!

Hi Steve, the SNK lot (clients) are a funny bunch none of them spoke in my block at all. The only ones that ever said hello was the none english ones
Laughing . With this in mind I think that you may struggle to get a group together. However, Ive had an email back from Stelios Stylianou who claims to have around twenty SNK clients on his books. I have asked him for a brake down of all his charges and would be more than happy to forward them on to you mate if you like. Isnt Giovannis yet another builder?? or am i getting mixed up, Ive not been over for sometime so im very out of the loop.
tomorrows 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 pm Reply with quote
emanon

Reference Mr G Kouzalis, I think his name was mentioned at one of the PICAS meetings!!
SNK 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
crissbroon

juliesteveoliver wrote:
Hi Cornish and all at PICAS,

I am using Giovannis Kouzalis ( Paralimini ) as my solicitor as I was pursuaded to join him when he was appointed administartor three years ago. Prior to this I was using a lawyer from Limassol as Elena Gardens is in Xlofagou and I was advised to use a lawyer as far away as possible from the developers.

I am not living in Cyprus but having made 17 trips to and from in the past 2 1/2 years ( spending some 20k plus ) it certainly feels like I am!

Each trip has been made on a promise from either Giovannis in his role as adminidstrator or CRI as liquidators of a way forward only to find that we have embarked on yet another wild goose chase and actually nothing is happening, so here we are some four years after I should have taken delivery of my property - 250k down and only a concrete shell to show for it.

I have posted on the forum before inviting SNK clients to get in touch so as we might move forward in greater numbers but to no avail.

So I say again to all SNK clients WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE nothing will happen unless we FORCE the issue in some way and as has already quite rightly been pointed out should legal action be required ( whatever that involves ) surly costs are better shared by many than bourne by a few!

Steve.

Hi Steve, I am an SNK client and I am sorry to hear of your situation. I understand totally the frustration regarding the lack of information and apparent lack of action.
There is not much that anyone can do about that as there is very little info out there. There is not one single lawyer on this island who can tell you differently, if they do they are lying. Most SNK clients have been listening for years now about how we should rally together and fight as a single unit, under one banner( and preferably with one particular lawyer)
I find it ironic that we are accused of burying our heads in the sand when it is obvious to me that those who insist that the answer to our dilemma lies in putting our faith in unity, or follow a particular lawyer, or get rid of the Liquidator are actually the ones living in "never never" land.
WE have to face facts. We bought from a developer who has since gone bust and left debts. Unpaid debts mean no deeds and banks who will come for their money.
No lawyer, pressure group, property experts. MP or anyone else for that matter can get around that fact
The other problem we face is that, although we are all in the same s**t, we are all in different depths of s**t.
There are SNK clients who have problems ranging from clearing a debt for only a few thousand euros to clients like yourself left with no house.
Find a lawyer who will explain clearly how he can help each client in any given situation before he asks for money upfront then you may get someone to listen but I would'nt hold my breath. I have'nt met one.
The other consideration regarding the alleged lethargy of SNK clients is that no legal claim has as yet been made directly to any individual clients by any bank or individual to date. This makes it very difficult to engage in combat. The enemy has'nt yet turned up so to speak.
You are clearly in a different situation to the vast majority of SNK clients and I will not patronise you by offering comfort and a shoulder to cry on.
I believe that only when the litigation is there in front of us we will be able to make decisions on how to best move forward in order to resolve our issues and hopefully gain justice.
Meantime, there are many so called professionals and as many amateurs who profess to have answers but in reality they have no more idea than you or I at this stage.
All I can say is that, as far as SNK clients are concerned, do not confuse patience with lethargy. There will come a time when battles must commence. Then, if unity is required, then have no doubt it will be provided.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver

Hi and thanks for your responses,

As I am sure you can understand being stuck in the UK faced with another Christmas and another year gone by with no action does lead to the odd rant now and then!

This " Investment " was something for my five and seven year old lads futures and it does feel like I have let them down somewhat. However it is nice to know that people ( albeit only a few ) are monitoring the situation as closely as I, and might be there to help and support in the future if required.

Thanks again for your responses and yes I would like Stelios,s details of costs etc if you could E-mail them to me it would be great.

- CHEERS!

Steve,

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
cyprussmoothie

Hi there Steve

I think it would be better if you contacted Stelios direct to enquire of his costs. Each client is dealt with on their own particular case which is the professional way to do things.

Within the SNK saga there are so many differing scenarios and perhaps yours is not the same as someone elses which is why i am advising you to have a word with him yourself.

He is thoroughly approachable, friendly, professional and speaks better English than i do! His number is 00357 22 44 58 00 and his email address is:

Hope this helps.

Vee [its me]

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
juliesteveoliver

CHEERS! will do.

Steve.
snk 
Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote
pigeonman

juliesteveoliver wrote:
CHEERS! will do.

Steve.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECENT UPDATES REGARDING THE LIQUIDATION OF SNK ?
Re: snk 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
paddycat

pigeonman wrote:
juliesteveoliver wrote:
CHEERS! will do.

Steve.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECENT UPDATES REGARDING THE LIQUIDATION OF SNK ?

Hi Julie & Steve

We are in the same boat stuck in the UK never hear anything (we feel our boat is sinking fast) It would be lovely to hear some good news this year.. Confused
Tomorrow's SNK Meeting. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Property Action / Support Groups