Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » airport clearance for pets
airport clearance for pets 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:23 pm Reply with quote
KLG
Pictures: 0

Hi all,

We are bringing our 2 dogs and 2 cats to cyprus in 13 days and just have a few questions to ask.

1) Do we still need a vet present? I read a topic on this here a while ago but with all the replies i just got confused.

2) approximately how long does it take from landing to get clearance for pets to leave the cargo area? this is to help us organise our transport home!

Look forward to reading your replies

Lee and Kirsty
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Hi Kirsty and Lee.

First a question for you, what time are you arriving with your pets Question Hopefully you arrive at about 4pm ish, if you are flying BA then you will.

1/ No you dont need a vet present at the airport.

2/ Get your luggage etc and follow the signs to the Cyprus Airways Cargo area, you will find the customs warehouse in front of you as you take the last turn, you can recognise this from the large ramp and loading area in front of the building.

3/ Your pets will be in there, ask at the office where you have to go to 'prove' that they are your pets, for this have all the pets paperwork ready to show.

4/ You will be directed to an office where this 'proof' via your paperwork will take place, it may cost you either 10 or per animal.

5/ Come back to customs and you will have to pay a small charge there for 'storage'. That done you are free to go.

But, if you have had crates supplied by an animal carrier company, please take them with you as they are valuable and can be sold on, beleive me the customs guys will love you if you leave them there. If you dont want them, then donate them to BFAWS, they use them to transport rescue dogs back to the UK with a military adopter family. If you bought them and they are the plastic kind then put them up for sale if you dont need them.

I hope all goes well for you and that your pets arrive safely. My Golden retriever did 6 years ago and then I had to go through all the rigmaroll of a vet etc at the airport and it cost me around 167 if my memory serves me right.

Regards .........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:30 pm Reply with quote
KLG

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the excellent advice, it was brill. As soon as we get settled and get a phoneline and broadband, I will let all know how we got on.

Hope all is well with you and family.
Speak soon

Lee and Kirsty
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Hi Lee and Kirsty, yes my family and Goldie are fine thanks, take care and have and stress free journey.......Maggie Larnaca

airport clearance for pets 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus