Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » In Our Thoughts » I know there's a quiet corner for this..............
I know there's a quiet corner for this.............. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs
Pictures: 0

but just wanted to say here how sad I am to hear that Neil Armstrong has died at the age of 82. If ever there was a human being who could have cashed in on his achievements it was surely him; however, he chose to shun fame and live a fairly modest life.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
bbc

May he rest in peace, he was a true gentleman, family man and ambassador for NASA and the US.

But I beleive the reason for him to shun the enevitable publicity is because it never happened.

I don't really want to start a debate on whether it did or not this is just my belief, just as others believe it did.

Peter
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

The man has died. It's an obituary.

If you want to espouse crackpot theories (every single one of which has "proof" on the net) perhaps it would be in better taste to start your own thread in the Debate Forum. I'm sure you would have support there.

Evil or Very Mad
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Christo

bbc wrote:
May he rest in peace, he was a true gentleman, family man and ambassador for NASA and the US.

But I beleive the reason for him to shun the enevitable publicity is because it never happened.

I don't really want to start a debate on whether it did or not this is just my belief, just as others believe it did.

Peter

Thanks for that Peter, fascinating stuff!!!
And before Mr. Tibbs complains that the thread is an obituary, then HE should have posted it in the right section.
Chris

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Normally I would do so; however, occasionally somebody passes away and the impact of their life is such that I think a short airing in the General is not inappropriate. Do you disagree?

I submit that the first human being to walk on the surface of another planet (or not, if you believe the garbage fantasy linked to) pretty much meets the criteria.

I posted the news quite late, as soon as it hit the streets, expecting it to be moved on the next day - as it was.

If you are taken with BBC's link I can offer you similar ones which prove absolutely conclusively that the Earth is flat, the world is going to end sometime this year, the US have alien space artifacts hidden in Nevada, where they have carried out postmortems on alien bodies (you can watch the video), there is a huge conspiracy taking place to enable a group of elite people to rule the planet and so on and so on and so on.

By the way, my link is to an obituary - I thought it was self evident.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

Mr Tibbs wrote:
Normally I would do so; however, occasionally somebody passes away and the impact of their life is such that I think a short airing in the General is not inappropriate. Do you disagree?

I submit that the first human being to walk on the surface of another planet (or not, if you believe the garbage fantasy linked to) pretty much meets the criteria.

I posted the news quite late, as soon as it hit the streets, expecting it to be moved on the next day - as it was.

If you are taken with BBC's link I can offer you similar ones which prove absolutely conclusively that the Earth is flat, the world is going to end sometime this year, the US have alien space artifacts hidden in Nevada, where they have carried out postmortems on alien bodies (you can watch the video), there is a huge conspiracy taking place to enable a group of elite people to rule the planet and so on and so on and so on.

By the way, my link is to an obituary - I thought it was self evident.

Well said that man. We are talking about the man who epitomises one of the most important events in our history. Perhaps we could have a section where the Lunatics (pun intended) can play with themselves Wink

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Much as I agree with your views Mr Tibbs you must admit that your original post was not placed as such . It was moved to Obituary if I remember correctly

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Larryand Sue

scottie wrote:
Much as I agree with your views Mr Tibbs you must admit that your original post was not placed as such . It was moved to Obituary if I remember correctly

He did (admit it that is).....in post 5! Lets try and avoid getting petty.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
bbc

Larryand Sue wrote:
scottie wrote:

He did (admit it that is).....in post 5! Lets try and avoid getting petty.

Lets just avoid this all together. Its getting silly now, like I said in my original posting these are just my views and I was just responding to the point that he didn't 'cash-in' because in MY VIEW ,he was such a true gentleman he didn't want to 'cash-in' on a lie.
I do not or ever will ridicule other peoples beliefs as they are all entitled to them.
The beauty of the internet allows you to analyse all types of theories (for and against) then make an educated decision on what YOU believe to be true or not.
Science dispels so many myths on religion but it doesn't stop people believing, should we ridicule them?????????? (I don't want to start another debate on religion).
Anyway this will be the last posting on this subject.

Peter

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Had missed post 5 pointing it out to me would have been suficient. and would have been appreciated Never been called petty before but do always try to be fair However better than being patronising Smile

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

scottie wrote:
Had missed post 5 pointing it out to me would have been suficient. and would have been appreciated Never been called petty before but do always try to be fair However better than being patronising Smile

I don't think you are petty Scottie Wink quite enjoy most of your posts actually.

I should be more restrained - I know - but sometimes you read something that you find so absurd that it just gets your back up. Embarassed

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:55 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Absurd indeed and disrespectful to the memory of a great and modest man. Glad we are still friends Smile

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Christo

Hi Mr. Tibbs,
"Normally I would do so; however, occasionally somebody passes away and the impact of their life is such that I think a short airing in the General is not inappropriate. Do you disagree? "

I agree with you completely..... anybody passing on is a loss to somebody, and deserves respect.

All I said was that bbc's link was very interesting, which it was to me. I didn't say what I believe or disbelieve, and will not say so now, but just because YOU think its quote "crackpot theories", you shouldn't assume everybody agrees.

Anyway, R.I.P. Neil Armstrong wether you walked on the Moon or not..
Chris

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Mr Tibbs

Christo wrote:
Hi Mr. Tibbs,
"Normally I would do so; however, occasionally somebody passes away and the impact of their life is such that I think a short airing in the General is not inappropriate. Do you disagree? "

I agree with you completely..... anybody passing on is a loss to somebody, and deserves respect.

All I said was that bbc's link was very interesting, which it was to me. I didn't say what I believe or disbelieve, and will not say so now, but just because YOU think its quote "crackpot theories", you shouldn't assume everybody agrees.

Anyway, R.I.P. Neil Armstrong whether you walked on the Moon or not..
Chris

Peace Chris Smile

Nevertheless, the US spends a national fortune over a period of a couple of decades on a space program - Mercury/Gemini/Apollo - which, as a matter of policy, is about as public as you can get. Huge amounts of infrastructure are built (ever been to Canaveral? As part of my job I have seen quite a bit of the US deep space global comms setup around the planet). Literally billions of people follow all of this in real time. And yet, what is being proposed here is that virtually all of humanity have been successfully hoodwinked by a confidence trick which would have involved the participation of hundreds of thousand of people over a period of half a century? I appeal to your common sense. Don't you think this is all your typical cybernet nutcase stuff? Really? Sad
I know there's a quiet corner for this.............. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » In Our Thoughts