Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus » PEPSI is not looking for a new home now - sadly!
PEPSI is not looking for a new home now - sadly! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
chrisg
Pictures: 0

Hi,

I know this is asking a lot but can anyone offer a home to a beautiful little girl who I found quivering in the middle of the road on the motorway bridge near Maroni this morning. She is a small, very young, (maybe 6 months old?) black and white pointer type, and very friendly, in fact the minute I stopped my car and spoke to her gently she came straight to me and jumped in the car.
She is VERY thin but otherwise seems ok and has big brown pleading eyes.
Unfortunately, I cannot keep her as we are already up to four dogs and in rented accommodation. I have taken her home at present and fed her, which she was very grateful for, but will have to take her to a shelter this weekend if I cannot rehome her first.
Please help - I know there are always people asking for homes for the dogs but I thought it worth a go on this site before she becomes one of many in a shelter!!!
Chris

Chris G

Last edited by chrisg on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quote
angelfruit

Can't help Chris but will try to keep it going at the top for you x

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
fluffpiedi

Hello Chris

I can't help you as we have 2 moggies [my girls] but a big thanks for what you have done fore this little one so far.

We saw a dog yesterday in the outside lane of the motorway between Oroklini and the next turn off towards Agia Napa. It was heartbreaking.

Thanks again and good luck with the rehoming of her.

Deanna and Vince

Deanna
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

Good luck with the re-homing, Chris!

We lost our rescue dog Max, 13yo, to cancer a year ago. We are just about ready for another (sorry, still in Blighty) and it will be another rescue dog.

GOOD ON YER!

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Update on please help 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Hiya,

I am keeping the little one for a little while longer until I can get her back on her feet and healthier. I think she may have got a bump from a car which was why she was in the middle of the road! There does not seem to be anything broken, just bruised, but going to get her checked out anyway. She is a beautiful little girl who loves fuss and cuddles!! Amazingly she seems to be house trained too!
If anyone can find it in the hearts (and houses) to offer this little pup a home she will be forever grateful and give you lots of love!
I don't want her going to a shelter if at all possible as I don't think she will deal with the stress of it!

Chris
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Hi 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 am Reply with quote
Angie4
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi Chris, do you know if she is OK with children? My son is only 6 and a bit exuberant. We have an older dog of 12 that we have recently adopted and would consider a younger one too if OK with kids. The child is being trained at the moment!
Angie

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:52 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Hi Angie,

I don't have children (as too busy with looking after dogs!) so don't know. But she hasn't shown any nasty tendency to anything or anyone so far however, she seems really sweet natured and probably still too young to have built up any problems in this way!
If you would like to come and see her with your son that would probably be a good idea and see what you think?
Hope to hear from you soon
Chris

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Hi Angie,

Are you still interested in giving this very special little one a home?

Chris

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Hi Chris 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Angie4
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Sorry i have taken so long to reply. Its been one of those weeks. I have had a real think and at the moment, I am really sorry but cant help due to a change in personal circumstances.
Have you contacted the Argos shop in Paralimni? They will advertise the dog on their noticeboard. When I was working there, we rehomed a couple of dogs within hours of putting their details up, so I think its definitley worth a try. The shop is near the large Church near the Police station at the traffic lights in Paralimni. They do have a phone number too - if you look at the charity site on this forum, it should be on there.
I am sure they will help you.
Kind regards,
Angie
Update on please help 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
chrisg

Dear All,

Thanks to all of you offering your support over the last week.

'Pepsi' is still looking for that special home I am afraid. We have had her checked by a vet and she has been given the ok. We have also nursed her back to health and she has put weight on, and has got used to lots of cuddles, especially in the evenings on my lap! She is probably about 9 months old we think now and is a lovely little girl, she is house trained also. The more TLC you give her the more grateful she is! I have attached a photo of her so you can see how lovely she is and yes she is asking any of you if you can give her a good home!
Please help!?
Chris

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

[/img]

PEPSI IS STILL LOOKING FOR THAT SPECIAL HOME - CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE?
Quote:
Crying or Very sad
Still need a new home for Pepsi! 
Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Hi,

Me again!

I am still looking for that special home for little Pepsi, who I advertised a couple of months ago, after rescuing her from the middle of a motorway bridge.

She is still with me as we are going to keep her until we find her a good home, as she has got so used to the comforts of home now and taking her to a shelter now would destroy her!

She is proving to be a great dog and would make someone a great pet.

Come on is there anyone out there who can give this little girl the love and attention she needs and DESERVES?

Chris

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quote
Padsntails

Hi Chris

Has Pepsi been speyed, up to date with injections and does she walk on a lead?

Sandy

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Hi,

She is being speyed next month, has had her first injection and yes does walk on a lead, but also loves to run for a ball.

Chris
Sad news on Pepsi 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quote
chrisg

Dear All,

As some of you will know we had advertised for a home for Pepsi, whom I found in a terrible state in the middle of the road a few months ago. We had since decided to keep her as she was fantastic, very pretty, a great character and really enjoying life! We fell in love with her and couldn't bear to give her away.

Unfortunately we took her to be speyed with our other girl yesterday and she had an adverse reaction to the anaesthetic and had a massive heart attack and died.

It was no-ones fault - the vet was devastated, as are we. She was so loving life at last after a really bad start and was enjoying a late puppyhood. We shall miss her dreadfully and are finding it very hard to come to terms with but we wouldnt have missed the time we had with her and all the lovely memories she has given us.

Rest in Peace Pepsi and we love you!

Chris

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote
nikster

Hi Chris,

So sorry to hear about Pepsie. Poor thing. At least she had such a loving family with her at the end.

Best wishes.

Nikki

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Padsntails

We are so sorry to hear about Pepsi. As you know we were very interested in giving her a home once we had moved and settled. You gave her some good times in her short life. You should be proud of yourselves. Wish there were more like you with time and love to spare for all the unwanted and abused animals.

Sandy Sad

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
yappster

im really sorry to hear about this sad time.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
allsorts

hi chris
i'm so sorry to hear about pepsi you must be devastated
sammi
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
sunnysuzie
Pictures: 6

Hi Chris,

How awful for you. At least she had lots of love and affection in her short life, something you should take great pride in.

Sue

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quote
daisyanne

At least she had some love in her little life. Well done to you for being so caring.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Pets & Animal Welfare In Cyprus