Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk » Can anyone recommend a good nursery please
Can anyone recommend a good nursery please 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quote
tigs74
Pictures: 0

Hi, We have a 2.5yr old and a 1yr old and would like them to attend a nursery/childcare facility initially for one day a week or two mornings. Ideally we'd like somewhere that will teach or where they speak Greek. I believe there are English and Greek run nurseries but undecided as to which is best! Any up to date reviews would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
kelliec

there are a load of very good nurseries for all ages in paralimni area. but i am unsure whether they will accept any child for 1 monring - i know the nursery my son goes to doesnt. they would prefer that the child goes 5 mornings a week as they will forget what they have learnt in that 1 day.

there are 2 nurseries near safe house in paralimni. safe house your right, drive to the top and turn left follow road up and there is one set back on the right and a little further one on the right.

there is one round the back near paralimni police station.

there is one by poplife that take children from 2 years.

good luck x
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
leeboy

What is the name of the nurseries past safe house and is the safe house the one which is on the same road as Faliros restaurant. Thanks

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

they have two safe house shops one near Faliros, but no nurseries that I know of in this area. The other is a safe house shop on the road behind Chillis frozen foods....this does lead to another road...nearer to Paralimni with a very good Greek speaking nursery.

As has been said before think most nurseries want children 5 mornings or 5 days per week.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:22 am Reply with quote
bmelany88

is it one in paralimni near(behind) mothercare they do take for one day,but mostly they speak only greek,also (almost)opposite to mother care is it one the name is fraola,they take for one day as well,did you try the one in protaras?that is a very good one.the one (opposite to the police station is it not a very good one,at least i was not satisied with them,is it another one close to the police station,beetween police station and the big church i think is it called manuela or something similar,that is it a very good one but they take baby only if he can already walk
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:51 pm Reply with quote
scholes265

the only place i think you will find would let you do a few mornings a week is the english run 'cots2tots' up past protaras strip. i sent my son there for a few mornings when he first started when he was about 1. he now goes to katias school in paralimni, very good school, but again think all schools/nurseries like to do proper school hours of monday to friday until 1pm

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
tigs74

Thanks so much, lots for us to look at. I like the idea of Greek speaking.
Can anyone recommend a good nursery please 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk