Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » Anyone heard of the Advocate NAN Nestoras Adamou Nikiphorou Goto page 1, 2  Next
Anyone heard of the Advocate NAN Nestoras Adamou Nikiphorou 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:57 am Reply with quote
Jinny3
Pictures: 0

Based in Larnaca and Ayia Napa
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

yes- dealy with my apartment buy 5 years ago- had no problem and was trained in brummie university
regards
deano
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Jinny3

Thanks Deano, he seems really nice and thorough, but just wanted to know if anyone had used him.

Thanks again
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
thenshorn

Just to double check before I go bad-mouthing anyone, is his email address:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Because if it is, DO NOT use him! We used him for 5 properties across the island and his service was terrible - yes, when you meet with him he is very pleasant and will smile and laugh with you, but the guy is incompetant!

He told us we had allocated parking according to the title deeds of one apartment we bought, then we suddenly didn't - but at least this was before we signed anything. However, a year later when we came to sell the apartment he then insisted we DID have parking, which obviously affected our sale. Anyway, we got another solicitor to look over the deeds, and we didn't have parking. His response when we confronted him in person about this was "you know how it is, sometimes you just answer things off the top of your head"

Then we had the same issue with another apartment - we wanted the plans of the parking to tell which space was ours. He told us this would take a seperate special search at the land registry which would cost us more money. in the end we went to see him face to face, and in our file, was a copy of the plans for the parking - all he could say was 'oh did you not get that'.

Then... we had huge problems with payments going over to him. To his defense, I would say it is because he is completely disorganised - big descrepencies over amounts we had set and what we owed - sometimes in our favour, sometimes in his favour - but I had to go through every single transaction we had done with him (well, his fiancee did most of the work) to prove I was correct.

Our friend also used him to buy 2 apartments and had the same money descrepencies and found it very hard to get responses from him being based in the UK.

A bit of a late response, but had to reply to this one! HOpefully if you've gone with him you've had a better experience!

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Oh Dear !!!, He's our solicitor, so far so good but will doublecheck everything from now on.

CannyScot

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
thenshorn

Hopefully you'll be ok. Ultimately he didn't do anything 'intentionally' bad (although regarding the parking it could have lost us a sale if we sold it saying it came with).

Just make sure you keep a close record of all money transactions (we had a lot of properties so was harder all round).

And chase him up over everything - another property we had with him, we'd paid the transfer fees to get the deeds put in our names, so it was just a case of waiting for the new deeds to be issued. We'd done this before through another solicitor on another property, and it took less than one month.

4 months later we chased him up - he just said he hadn't heard anything yet, but will keep us informed. So I stated the above and asked him to chase at the land registry - later that week we received the new deeds!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Hi Thenshorn,

Many thanks for the advice, we'll certainly keep an eye on things.

Regards

CannyScot

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
the tourist

thenshorn, make your mind up mate. First it was 'DO NOT use him'!. Now it's 'you should be ok'? He sounds like an average cypriot lawyer - no better no worse than most.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
thenshorn

I was just trying to make the people feel better who've already gone with him. Obviously I would never use him again or recommend him to anyone!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:29 pm Reply with quote
manu

I can suggest Harris Kyriakides & Associates in Larnaca (www.kyrlaw.com.cy). They are professionals and I have no doubt they are trustworthy. They successfully dealt with all real estate issues I had on the island, they negotiated my contract with the developer and successfully completed. Honestly, they exceeded my expectations.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

thenshorn wrote:
Just to double check before I go bad-mouthing anyone, is his email address:

Because if it is, DO NOT use him! We used him for 5 properties across the island and his service was terrible - yes, when you meet with him he is very pleasant and will smile and laugh with you, but the guy is incompetant!

He told us we had allocated parking according to the title deeds of one apartment we bought, then we suddenly didn't - but at least this was before we signed anything. However, a year later when we came to sell the apartment he then insisted we DID have parking, which obviously affected our sale. Anyway, we got another solicitor to look over the deeds, and we didn't have parking. His response when we confronted him in person about this was "you know how it is, sometimes you just answer things off the top of your head"

Then we had the same issue with another apartment - we wanted the plans of the parking to tell which space was ours. He told us this would take a seperate special search at the land registry which would cost us more money. in the end we went to see him face to face, and in our file, was a copy of the plans for the parking - all he could say was 'oh did you not get that'.

Then... we had huge problems with payments going over to him. To his defense, I would say it is because he is completely disorganised - big descrepencies over amounts we had set and what we owed - sometimes in our favour, sometimes in his favour - but I had to go through every single transaction we had done with him (well, his fiancee did most of the work) to prove I was correct.

Our friend also used him to buy 2 apartments and had the same money descrepencies and found it very hard to get responses from him being based in the UK.

A bit of a late response, but had to reply to this one! HOpefully if you've gone with him you've had a better experience!

Just abit lost on this one. If he was so bad, why on earth did you use him for 5 properties? I would have thought that after the first experience you wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Just wondered.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:14 am Reply with quote
Jo the boat

Nestoras quoted us nearly Cy£700 for 2 wills. Simple and straightforward wills.
We got them done for CY£100 elsewhere.
I THINK the conveyancing was ok though - time will tell.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Hi Jo the boat,
Was that £100 each or £100 for the two, which Lawyer did you use, and did you register them yourselves?.
We are hoping to get ours done soon.
Regards
CannyScot

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Jo the boat

Hi Canny (!)

Andreas Th. Mathicolonis, Lawyer
7 Gregory Afxentiou Avenue
Francis Court
Flat 11-12B
Po Box 40154
Larnaca

tel: 357 24 655264
(that is ma_law; the underling hides the underscore)

It was £115 including tax for the pair.

We have not registered them. I believe it is not necessary - but am set to be shot down in flames for that one.

My wife and I are each other executors. In the event of us both dying, the lawyer who actually dealt with us (Koulla Anastasiou I think her name is) is the executor as we do not have anyone in Cyprus with whom we would wish to burden the responsibilty and we won't be bothered anyway.

I THINK that the guy who owns / runs the firm is a big wig in the local bar association or some other such organisation. They were recomended by one of the 2 ladys who handed over our apartment to us from P. Livadiotis developers who built our place. She also recomended a good insurance agent and took us round to register with the water / electric etc. and gave us pointers where to buy stuff to kit out our apartment. Good people I think. As we only had 4 days on the island to do everything to set the apartment up, we would never have managed without their help.

Jo

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Hi Jo,
Many Thanks for the info, we'll e-mail the lawyer for a quote.
We're also buying from Livadiotis and will be in Cyprus soon to choose our fixtures and fittings, looking forward to it very much, and to getting some sunshine,
Cheers
CannyScot

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote
Jo the boat

Well, if you deal with the Livadiotis office in Larnaca, hopefully you'll find the ladies as helpful as we did. Marie and Maria I think, but check first!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Thanks Jo, We're looking forward to it very much..

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
MAXWELL

Hi Thenshorn I am with Pantheman also confused , why on earth did you use this so called incompetent Confused 5 Times , but he does sound like all the rest of them, again " So called Advocates " that seem to breed on this Island , ho hum .
Maxwell

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quote
MAXWELL

Hi Cannyscot I had wills done with Pittadjis Law Firm from Paralimni he charged me £400 + for two wills which were not worth the paper they were printed on . He is another one to stay well clear off , I mean WELL CLEAR I would not reccommend him to a Flea if he was thinking of buying a house . If you are looking to have a will made up go and see Marion Carter she is based in Larnaca but has an office in Pernera next door to Mother Hubbard , she charges £227 all in for two people , I had my wills checked out in the UK
Maxwell Shocked

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
CannyScot

Hi Maxwell
We sorted our wills way back in October, but thanks for the info anyway.
Happy New Year to one and all!!
CannyScot
Anyone heard of the Advocate NAN Nestoras Adamou Nikiphorou 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates