Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » recommended legal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
TriadaTrio
Pictures: 0

Last edited by TriadaTrio on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

Good to have you back Caz...

C T is Tommy isn't he? I may have read it wrong but I assumed Elizabeth was asking for the name of the solicitor who you found after tommy??

Regards
Richard
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #43   PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quote
caz

Hi Richard

Apologies for not replying to you sooner but have been away in Ireland.

'Chrysostomos Tsitsios' is also known as 'Tommy', sorry for the confusion!

Caz
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #44   PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:33 am Reply with quote
caz

Forgot to add that the english solicitor I resorted to visiting, on reccomendation, is:

Marion Carter BA (HONS)TEP ( Carter Leontiou Barristers & Solicitors)

Tel: 00 357 23819355
Email:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Opposite Kokkinos Supermarket

She also dealt with my Cypriot Will and will be dealing with my UK will.

Caz

Post: #45   PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Caz
Glad you have got sorted out with your move, I thought it would be marion Carter she seems to be getting good reports from other members.

Post: #46   PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
caz

Hi Elivavet,

Yep, all sorted......well... nearly there, just a few more boxes to unpack!!

I got on very well with Marion, found her to be very thorough, especially replying to emails etc..
She also understood the common problem 'Lack of communication' and the system as a whole with certain solicitors in Cyprus, namely the ones reccommended by Developers!! She was also very adament that a solicitor should NOT be one of your executor's on a will!

Caz

Post: #47   PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
THEredtrike

I must agree with you about Marion. So far we have not had any problems and I hope that we dont in the future either, but I feel sure that she would be able to handle anything that gets thrown her way.
We were very impressed not only with her efficiency, but also the fact that she was willing to do the travelling as well, which was very refreshing.
The friendly manner came free as well the timely answering of all e-mails.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #48   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote
Baggysdad
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Out of interest, why is George Mintis the only solicitor in this thread to be listed in the Cyprus Bar Association list of members at

Marion
The sleuth without an answer on this one!

This is elsewhere on the Cyprus Bar Association website, the CBA only represent those working in advocacy - which means:

Quote:
According the provisions of the Law, advocacy means:

i) The appearance in any Court House carrying out proceeding on behalf of a person of the Republic.

ii) The formation or establishment of any pleading on behalf of a client. For the purpose of this paragraph “pleadings” means every document submit to the court and consist part of the pleading but does not include experts report or witness statement.

iii) The registration of Trade Marks or Patterns and the appearance to the administrative authorities for the reasons mentioned above.

So the CBA only represent those working in litigation - clearly not a requirement for conveyancing.

It does beg the question as to what qualifications (if any) are needed to become a conveyancing lawyer in Cyprus - and who (if anyone) regulates them. The answer to the first question is in an Act of Parliament called the Lawyers Act. The CBA website has details of the amendments made to the Lawyers Act when Cyprus joined the EU, but it doesn't have details of the basic Act. Working from the UK, I have hit a brick wall trying to get my hands on the basic Act, if anyone in Cyprus would like to do some research on this, please contact me. I will declare that I have a commercial interest in finding out what the Lawyers Act says, so would be willing to pay someone to research this for me.

Paul

Post: #49   PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:32 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Well done, Paul. I thought it must be something like that.

Marion

Post: #50   PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Marc Duffy

I'm just in the process of buying a villa by Nissi Beach. I'm using

Seem to be very good so far!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #51   PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Jade

hi all the best lawyers i have found are marion carter and andrew klydes, for contracts and wills and anything to do with england and cyprus as they can both practice in the uk and here,as i have lived here many years and have now found a good team to do all my leagle work as i have businesses hear and in london, JADE

Post: #52   PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
julzzuk

Adamos Hadjichristidoulou in Paralimni (00357) 23811630
excellent service, very good english

Post: #53   PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Ticketty Boo

Last edited by Ticketty Boo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post: #54   PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:31 am Reply with quote
edna 44

kkalimare to all

i am now hooked on this site!!!!!

about lawyers i have used a very efficient one in Larnaca. George Coucounis has so far been great. hope i'm not being too hasty but so far so good

Post: #55   PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Chris Pemberton

we used Areti Charidemou & Associates in Limassol a number of people who work there are English
Very good service and good price much better than solicitors in UK - less hassle!

Tel: +357 25 746103 Fax +357 25 344019 or e:mail

Regards
Chris

Post: #56   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
pantheman

Marc Duffy wrote:
I'm just in the process of buying a villa by Nissi Beach. I'm using

Seem to be very good so far!

having some trouble with solicitor, so thought to look up see whats going.

The above solicitor is the one in question, bloody incompetant in my experience. Never return calls, fob you off, don't complete paperwork when promised, hold onto clients money and don't advise clients any step of the way.

How do these people get a licence to trade ? I def won't be using them again.

When alls done and dusted it'll be good buy and good riddens to them.

Post: #57   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Road Warrior
Pictures: 5

Adamos Hadjichristodoulou, In my opinion, the best solicitor in the area.

Last edited by Road Warrior on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #58   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:10 am Reply with quote
the fridster

Must agree Adamos Hadjichristodoulou (Parralimni) is very easy to deal with, very competent and customer based.We have had a couple of minor faults with our purchase but he has dealt with them on our behalf.We can highly reccomend his service.

Post: #59   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
napahols

I agree with pantherman we have used that solicitor and as he says phone calls faxes and e mails never get answered. the place runs like a pot donkey

Post: #60   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Marc Duffy

Strange, I've had no problems at all with them (responses to mails etc)

I even got an Xmas card.
recommended legal 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates