Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » recommended legal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post: #81   PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote
fluffpiedi
Pictures: 0

Hello to all. Had to jump in on this one. Many of you already know of the serious problems we have had and are still having. Our first lawyer MR ANDROS PELECANOS, we feel let us down badly and was no help whatsoever. Please i beg all not to use this man.

We think BuySell recommend this man, BE WARNED.

On a much happier note we now use MR STELIOS STYLIANOU, wonderful and always available either by email or by phone. His secretary is also extremely helpful. So a big thumbs up from us.

Deanna and Vince

Deanna
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #82   PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
bcrossuk

what a saga, to finsih off my buying experience for a re-sell.

I completed yesterday and eventually got the keys. Process has taken 9months, from offer to taking possession. Doesn't matter how much you prepare and research. If you haven't bought in Cypris before be prepared for many let downs some unusual business practices and apathy by all parties concerned. You will hear we are completing tommorrow many times before it actually happens. Keep your money in your bank account, don't be pressured into sending it to the dodgy lawyer, developer, agent or vendor. Untill you confirm with all parties that they have signed, counter signed and signed again contracts. and even then wait for the next "issue" to appear like the bank going on strike.

good luck to any prospective buyers, some day I'll need you.

Brian.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Andros Pelecanos Law Office 
Post: #83   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quote
MARtin555

I AM QUITE SHOCKED BY WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT MR. ANDROS PELECANOS. WE HAVE USED HIM ONCE FOR A VERY COMPLICATED TRANSACTION WHICH WE THOUGHT WE WOULD NEVER GET OUT OF AND HE WAS VERY EFFICIENT. EVERYTHING WAS SORTED OUT IMMEDIATELY.

I FOUND MR. PELECANOS TO BE OF GREAT ASSISTANCE TO US. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND I HAVE USED HIM FOR A FURTHER TWO TRANSACTIONS.

A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE HAS RECOMMENDED HIM TO ME AND I AM SO GLAD HE DID! GREAT SERVICE! GREAT STAFF! ALL I CAN SAY IS GREAT!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: Andros Pelecanos Law Office 
Post: #84   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

MARtin555 wrote:
I AM QUITE SHOCKED BY WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT MR. ANDROS PELECANOS. WE HAVE USED HIM ONCE FOR A VERY COMPLICATED TRANSACTION WHICH WE THOUGHT WE WOULD NEVER GET OUT OF AND HE WAS VERY EFFICIENT. EVERYTHING WAS SORTED OUT IMMEDIATELY.

I FOUND MR. PELECANOS TO BE OF GREAT ASSISTANCE TO US. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND I HAVE USED HIM FOR A FURTHER TWO TRANSACTIONS.

A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE HAS RECOMMENDED HIM TO ME AND I AM SO GLAD HE DID! GREAT SERVICE! GREAT STAFF! ALL I CAN SAY IS GREAT!

Well you may have been happy but others have not!!!!!!
Don,t be fooled we were by another solicitor in Paralimni what started good turned sour and our NEW contract had not been registered stamped or EVEN witnessed !!!!!! We were taken in by 'nice guy image' they CANNOT look after your interests and the interests of the Developers who they act for as well, think about it!!!!!! By the way we were told ALL these things had been taken care of, our first contract was thru the same solicitor, he did ok with that, but as I say we were taken in as this time has proved positively dangerous to our life savings!!!!!!

Now its in the hands of a REAL solicitor, not a friendly money grabbing conman.

Lyn

Post: #85   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Lyn,

Whilst I can quite understand your frustrations I would avoid making
personal statements that could be deemed to be libelous. Making
statements of fact is perfectly reasonable and should be enough to show
the problems you have experieced. Anything else and you could open
yourself to litigation which I am sure you would wish to avoid - just a
thought intended to help.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #86   PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

Steve - SJD wrote:
Lyn,

Whilst I can quite understand your frustrations I would avoid making
personal statements that could be deemed to be libelous. Making
statements of fact is perfectly reasonable and should be enough to show
the problems you have experieced. Anything else and you could open
yourself to litigation which I am sure you would wish to avoid - just a
thought intended to help.

Cheers

Steve

OK Steve apologies, still very fresh in my mind as this happened only recently, but as no names mentioned, thought I was safe in getting carried away. I would not say who BUT you do really feel you should warn people in general NOT to be taken in sooo easily by a friendly smile and a Christmas Card! I thought at my age I had more sense. I have not lost a lot of money but quite a few thousand, and it could have been more.

Once the mess has been sorted I will be making a formal complaint. I of course realise that until then I will keep stum on personal attacks. But I would like my money back!!!!!

Lyn

Post: #87   PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
kurtha

There appears to be misunderstanding about the Cyprus Bar Association.
Although their web site was 'down' for some 9 months,it is on line.It lists ALL lawyers in Cyprus-not just for litigation.
Yes ensure that a lawyer chosen is independent.
I am a solicitor in Larnaca and have never and never will provide any legal services to any developer in Cyprus. Reason,I could be compromised if I get a purchaser who is going-at some future time-to buy from such a developer.Cyprus is a 'very small country'
A.Kurtha

Post: #88   PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quote
Fiesty Jan

to my eternal regret I used this firm and they have cost me approx CYPŁ100k. I wouldn't touch them with somebody else's rotten pole. Unethical, and downright incompetent.
bcrossuk wrote:
I'd be interested in being kept up-to-date on pittadjis experiences.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Recommended legal 
Post: #89   PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Jan
Pictures: 5

Hi All,

Must say that we have had fantastic service from our lawyer from start to finish and can only sing his praises in our case.

This apartment purchase has been anything but straight forward since it was bought from the developer as an empty shell by a Cypriot who does a little property developing. We were buying direct from him but the title deeds were not out at that point (still not). This then caused a lot of hassles and hold ups but our solicitor kept us informed and calmed us down when we were angry at the delays. It did take eleven months for the final change over to us but he protected our interests all along.

We could not be in Cyprus for the shipment to be put into the place since Ian was just launching a new English supercar and was busy. Again our lawyer took the keys and had the men put the goods inside and he checked the apartment to make sure all was well for our next visit.

Can only thank him and his staff from the bottom of our hearts. Not had the bill yet but he deserves what he charges. Top guy.

Mr. Evgenios Erotokritou,
36 Egyptou Street,
6030 Larnaca

Phone 00 357 24656406

website www.erotokritou.net

Post: #90   PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Nice to hear positive feedback.

Campbell.

Post: #91   PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Saffi1

Aerionanne wrote:
Yes, try Stelios Stylianou of Kallis & Kallis. He's based in Nicosia but you don't have travel there, all can be done by email and/or phone/fax. I placed his details on a previous post. He's very good.
Can I ask were you please with Stelios, we are using him at the moment!!!!!!!

Post: #92   PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Stelios has one of the best reputations I've ever encountered. We did not use him, know lots of happy people that have.....and certainly wish we had used him when we first started the buying process.

Post: #93   PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
Aerionanne
Pictures: 7

Yes, we were happy with Stelios and I have recommended him to many people. He has left kallis & Kallis but I will find his new details and send them to you if you wish.

Anne

Post: #94   PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Saffi1

Tina Torment wrote:
Stelios has one of the best reputations I've ever encountered. We did not use him, know lots of happy people that have.....and certainly wish we had used him when we first started the buying process.

This is odd as I am not happy in the slightest!!

Post: #95   PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
weeksy9

Hi Saffi1

I used Stelios for various serious transactions, very competent,methodical and highly respected and a pleasant chap too! Is anything going wrong in your case? It isnt litigation is it? You know court systems, a case could go one way or the other even if youve got a cast iron case! I think its always a good idea to discuss any issues you may have with your lawyer...always a good starting point.

Cheers

Weeksy

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Stelios Stylianou 
Post: #96   PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Petros

Echo Tina, Stelios has recently completed our resale property purchase and we can confirm he does an excellent and thorough job,the searchs he did were such that he left no stone unturned and he only looked after our best interests( indeed he gave us a written guarentee that he had no links to any developers in cyprus)..his english is perfect and his understanding of Brits way of thinking is spot on...he trained in UK...he gets back to you when he says he will and will use email effectively....he has recently moved offices,his new office tel no is 22445800...mob 99520761

Ann and Peter

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates