Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » recommended legal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post: #61   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
ros snowden
Pictures: 0

We also used that firm and although we had a few problems found them to be very pleasant and always willing to help and sort everything out . We also had a christmas card
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #62   PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

pantheman wrote:
Marc Duffy wrote:
I'm just in the process of buying a villa by Nissi Beach. I'm using http://www.pittadjislawfirm.com/

Seem to be very good so far!

having some trouble with solicitor, so thought to look up see whats going.

The above solicitor is the one in question, bloody incompetant in my experience. Never return calls, fob you off, don't complete paperwork when promised, hold onto clients money and don't advise clients any step of the way.

How do these people get a licence to trade ? I def won't be using them again.

When alls done and dusted it'll be good buy and good riddens to them.

Just an update to forum members on this law (i mean joke) firm, the saga still continues, i have been put off again for the upteenth time. Some lame excuse again. Sent a harder hitting email and copied the top man last week. no reply from either so, it is pretty obvious i am dealing with some cowboys here. I will give them a couple more days then go down there - again. Stay clear of Pittadjis law firm (located in paralimni square) you have been warned. They may seem a professional outfit, but believe me you would be miles wrong. I'll let you know what happens .... later.

Wish me luck!

Pantheman.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #63   PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

i can thoroughly not recommend one solicitor who has been mentioned here and due to what a horrible bully he is and how he made our first year here a nightmare making us run around to his office weekly to be told nothing, i will not mention names as he is such a bully he will probably know people here to make things hard- i will await return to uk then complain to the cyprus bar and anyone else who is in authority.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #64   PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
bcrossuk

Folks,

I'm new to the Forum thing, so excuse any ettiquette erros.

I am using Anna at Pittadjis Law Firm in Paralimmini to buy (or trying to buy) an apartment in Kapparis. Anyone had experiences with them ?

Brian.

Post: #65   PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
ros snowden

Hi yes we used Anna to buy our appartment and although we had a few problems most of which were not their fault they were always very pleasent and helpful and sorted things out

Post: #66   PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

ros snowden wrote:
Hi yes we used Anna to buy our appartment and although we had a few problems most of which were not their fault they were always very pleasent and helpful and sorted things out

I am currently using this firm, see ,my previous post(s)

http://easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?p=35338#35338

Bloody useless, including anna. She was the original incompetent one then passed us over to someone else and we are still waiting for some service.

If it not too late don't use them, you have been warned.

Apart from the complete failure to communicate, they have a large sum of my money in their account and not mine. Have trouble getting them to put in in my acct. I am planning to visit them again this week to see what comes. I'll let you know.

good luck.

Post: #67   PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:00 pm Reply with quote
bcrossuk

I'd be interested in being kept up-to-date on pittadjis experiences.

Post: #68   PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

bcrossuk wrote:
I'd be interested in being kept up-to-date on pittadjis experiences.

I had an unexpected call on mon this week (due to some intervention by a 3rd party) and i was promised a call tue to explain the situation.

Still waiting........ I doubt i'll get the call, i will probably just have to go down there and speak to some one.

Oh yes, it was anna who supposed to be calling !

good luck if you are still with them, you have been warned.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #69   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Miss Happy

I am so surprised to read such adverse comments about Anna at Pittadjjis. I am using her for the sale of my apartment. She acted for me when I bought also. I think she is fab and I cannot believe that you say you have experienced these problems. Every time I have called, she has taken my call and if she is unavailable her very helpful assistants have updated me. I don't believe a word you are saying!

Post: #70   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Ace64821

Miss Happy

We use this board to share experiences in the hope of helping each other, we don't always agree with each other but we present facts and we all make our own minds up

From your post you seem to be calling fellow board members liars! Now they all seem to be sharing their experiences, on what basis do you dismiss their posts and state that you don't believe a word

Your post is very strange

Please note I am not commenting on this particular issue or company, it's not relevant to me, it's Miss Happy's comments I am questioning

Post: #71   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Miss Happy wrote:
I don't believe a word you are saying!

Miss Happy,

Just because you have a good experience with this advocate that does
mean that others have had a similar experience! Please do not come
on the forum and call people liars unless you have some evidence
to back up your claims. I am sure if people suggested that you were a liar then you would not like it?

People can have differing opinions and experiences of any company.

Cheers

Steve

Post: #72   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Interesting/amusing to read in the British High Commission's List of Lawyers in Paralimni that Pittadjis is listed as "Advocate Crime" Exclamation

Marion

Post: #73   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

Miss Happy wrote:
I am so surprised to read such adverse comments about Anna at Pittadjjis. I am using her for the sale of my apartment. She acted for me when I bought also. I think she is fab and I cannot believe that you say you have experienced these problems. Every time I have called, she has taken my call and if she is unavailable her very helpful assistants have updated me. I don't believe a word you are saying!

Beleive what you want, its all true. She is a lying ***** (to put it mildly). You may have been lucky. but i'm telling you its all as i have said it.

As it stands, she promised some paperwork 2 weeks ago ( after then tenth commitment) and i still wait. The sale proceeds of my flat i still haven't got. I don't understand why and they won't give me a straight answer. Pittadjis law firm stinks in my opinion. If you like you can come with me, i will get her to commit again and i'm prepared to bet it won't happen. I can't be fairer than that. I have no reason nor desire to critisize this firm if i wasn't being given such a rough ride. I paid my fees on time, they have not fullfilled their end of the bargain.

Miss happy, you tell me what i should do. Do you want to come along as a witness ?? I am more than happy for you to.

I would not be saying this if i was lying. Please don't call me a liar!!

I wait your reply.

Thanks

Pantheman

Post: #74   PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Pantheman,

I appreciate you are upset but please let's leave out the personal
comments - your issues, based on the facts, should be enough.

Many Thanks

Steve

Post: #75   PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

Steve - SJD wrote:
Pantheman,

I appreciate you are upset but please let's leave out the personal
comments - your issues, based on the facts, should be enough.

Many Thanks

Steve

Ok steve noted.

Pantheman

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Recommended legal 
Post: #76   PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Hi everyone,
Strange how Miss Happy has jumped to the defence of two lots of people who have come in line for criticism on this forum ie.Karrianis or Karryiannis and this law firm.I'm an old cynic though!!!

Cheers,
Campbell.

Post: #77   PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

I don't think you are a cynic Campbell, just observant!! Laughing

Ruth

Post: #78   PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:02 pm Reply with quote
pantheman

pantheman wrote:
Miss Happy wrote:

Beleive what you want, its all true. She is a lying ***** (to put it mildly). You may have been lucky. but i'm telling you its all as i have said it.

As it stands, she promised some paperwork 2 weeks ago ( after then tenth commitment) and i still wait. The sale proceeds of my flat i still haven't got. I don't understand why and they won't give me a straight answer. Pittadjis law firm stinks in my opinion. If you like you can come with me, i will get her to commit again and i'm prepared to bet it won't happen. I can't be fairer than that. I have no reason nor desire to critisize this firm if i wasn't being given such a rough ride. I paid my fees on time, they have not fullfilled their end of the bargain.

Miss happy, you tell me what i should do. Do you want to come along as a witness ?? I am more than happy for you to.

I would not be saying this if i was lying. Please don't call me a liar!!

I wait your reply.

Thanks

Pantheman

Well, seems miss happy has decided not to take me up on my offer. Perhaps now he/she will take back his/her derogatory words??

Unless of course the offer is accepted.

Pantheman.

Post: #79   PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
kanebill

Just thought I would add my tuppence worth as I used that law firm as well.

Anna seemed to do her job well, unlike some of the staff. (minor details like not done/filed etc. on time, email questions not answered, incorrect/incomplete information). I think this stems from not allocating cases to staff (office) as different people kept getting involved. Overall, I know it worked but they could be much more efficient.

My gripes: EXPENSIVE!!!! I just paid when they asked me but in the end their charges equated to 2.5%. This did NOT include fees to land registry etc. This was a resale.

Don't sign up for their retainer services. Contrary to the reassuring patter as part of the hard sell, they only provide guidance & advice via email/letter or in other words you can probably find it on these boards.

Just my opinion.

Would I use them again? Almost certainly not.

Post: #80   PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
bcrossuk

Hi,

following my question on 4th feb regarding Anna at Pittadjis Law Firm in Paralimmini. Thanks for the advice, guidance and sharing of personal experiences (good and not so good).

As an update : we are due to complete today, hurray. A little slow but from what I gather that's Cyprus time. The delas seem to have been as a result of the orgiginal developers, Karma, charging the current owner HIGH transfer fees. In general the law company has been ok, when I was allocated an assistant Fredrik, comkmunication was frequent, accurate and timely. I would say Fredrik has been very helpful.

Total cost of using the firm was about 2.5% of purchase price (resale).

Brian.
recommended legal 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates