Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » recommended legal Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Quote:
he did tell me not to bother emailing him, his technical expertise stops at the fax machine

WHAT? Don't they have secretaries? I had email over twenty years ago and emails to bigwigs got printed out by secretaries and had the replies dictated and sent by secretaries.

Marion
(waiting for Tommy's firm to reply to my email of Monday this week Sad )

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment
Pictures: 0

delete

Last edited by Tina Torment on Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
jemrodger

We are using g.mintus and he has been very good so far .
Has kept us informed and chased us for infor when required.

Jem rodger
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quote
dawn
Pictures: 3

Jem
Just make sure Mr Mintos does not release the payment you are holding back due to any repairs that the developer promises to do when you get the keys.

We had some problems and we instructed him to keep some money back , out of the blue he released it without our say so. He did us no favours as we have had to end up doing the repairs ourselves.

Dee
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:06 am Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

I waited about 5 weeks for a reply to my email, it came in the form of a telephone call from them after I had sent 2 further emails asking if they had received the original email Rolling Eyes

Richard
recommended legal 
Post: #26   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
cyprusgirl
Pictures: 1

Used George Mintis. He entirely acted for the sellar, caused me much worry. Quoted a fee then more than doubled it. Ended up with a contract that I am not happy with.

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:05 pm Reply with quote
jemrodger

Thanks for advice,I will keep a close eye on things.If I have any proplems
I will let you know and will mention this site if he wants any more bad
publicity .
I also have links with a lot of people in nicosia if I need to take legal advice to resolve any proplems .
But I have had no trouble so far.

Jem rodger

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Jem
I wish we had been able to draw on the advice of others on this board, We purchased before this board was set up, although we have not done to badly there were a few things that we could have included if we had known about these.
At least you can now keep an eye on things, and be on the ball. Wink

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Hi
This thread highlights the fact that all members experiences are different.
I used " Mr Tommy" and was very pleased with the service i received. He answered any queries promptly and always responded to queries by e mail the same day.
His secretary phoned me on one occasion and was very friendly.
Sometimes i did have to wait a while to see him but this was when i called in "on spec" without an appointment and he always saw me.
I may have cause to use his services again in the future and trust that he will deal with me in the courteous professional manner that he did on my initial purchase.

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:00 am Reply with quote
greeny

I used g mintis very pleased with him and even now after i have finished with him his so helpfull i was asking about schools for my daughter a week later via post details of schools and there prospective book. he arranged our will 50 pounds and even today im asking him for advice and still receiving for free jane Very Happy

Post: #31   PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
caz

I have 'Tommy' as my solicitor and have to honestly say....he has so far proved to be a complete waste of time, money for old rope!!! Maria (secretary) has really been the 'solicitor', I really don't know what he would do without her. You don't have his un-divided attention and are always kept waiting. He never reponds to Emails or letters.
Never takes you seriously enough until you start thumping the desk, which I did incidently on my last visit!! I resorted to visiting another solicitor, who is english and practices not only in Cyprus but also in the U.K. Just wished i'd found her sooner!

Post: #32   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:14 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Caz
Where have you been? Nice to hear from you again,,, would it be possible to have the name of your solicitor, most people used Tommy and George Mintos as they were the 2 well known ones at the time,

Now thanks to these boards people realise that the contracts they received from them were just bog standard and did them no favours, it would be helpful to new members who have not purchased already ..
Thanks

Post: #33   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:35 am Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

stevecroad wrote:
Just be careful that your developer and solicitor don't work together, make sure that you get a solicitor who is going to work for you. Maybe try the solicitor in Nicosia as Anne suggests.

Steve Croad

Now THAT'S good advice! Clap Clap Clap

Post: #34   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 am Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Hi Caz,

I totally agree with you 2001%!
In fact I am due to go and do some desk-thumping within the next few days...... watch this space!

Anne, would you mind very much passing on the details of the solicitor in Nicosia (Stelios Stylianou of Kallis & Kallis) again please? Or point me in the direction of the earlier link on the board.

Many thanks
Mils
Recommended Lawyer 
Post: #35   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:50 am Reply with quote
Aerionanne
Pictures: 7

Whoops

Hi Mils, I sent a reply but it doesn't appear to be on here (????). It's Monday morning though, so it wouldn't surprise me if I've hit the wrong key!!

It was basically to tell you (and anyone other interested parties) that Stelios is London born and bred, and unlike some reports I've read here, deeals with you directly and responds to emails immediately. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

His details are listed in the Advocates section, but I'll list them here for you again.

Stelios Stylianou
telephone 00 357 - 22 87 99 44
Fax 00 357 - 22 87 99 54
Company: Kallis & Kallis
Add: Andreas Avraamides Street 9
Office 101 -102
Dasoupolis
Nicosia

Hope this helps.

Anne

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Yvette
Pictures: 5

I'm using Stelios too as recommended by Anne. Spent all day with him last Tuesday at the Land Registry and he's wonderful. He sorted out all my problems and saved me from making what could've been a very expensive mistake with my land purchase. My agent said that a Larnaca solicitor would've let it pass, so I'm really glad I used a Nicosia one. He can do everything by email and phone, but he came to Larnaca to sort me out because my life is just sooo complicated! Getting there tho.....
Yvette

Post: #37   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote
caz

Hi Elizavet,

I've been away from the board due to selling the house and moving tonns of stuff, have had 'murders' with 'BT' to re-connect phone line (took them 6 wks) and my broadband package went astray to another address!!
But it's all settled down now so I'm back to the land of living after a well deserved rest (if you can call it that!) in Cyprus!
Getting back to the thread, the full name of the solicitor is:

Chrysostomos Tsitsios

Hoping you and Phil are well!

Mils,
You go for it girl!

Post: #38   PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Anne,

Many thanks for re-posting details.

Regards,
Mils

Post: #39   PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote
MR Frank

Our advice would be not to use a solicitor recommended by the Builder as they depend on them for ongoing work.

One or two people on our development used Tommy, who was recommended by Chaholis`s sales people. We are now having problems with the builder who has sent out electric bills to some, not all, the property owners, even though we are still on a generator. Tommy is sitting on the fence.

We used Andrew Klydes, he is a barrister, is actually very approachable, not a bit like barristers in England, speaks better English than us and doesn`t appear to be faized by taking on the builder.

He has an office at Larnaca and Ayia Napa, if anyone would like his number, don`t hesitate to contact us.

ps: is anyone else having problems with builders sending out bills when still on a generator?

Frank & Clare

Post: #40   PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

MR Frank wrote:
if anyone would like his number, don`t hesitate to contact us. Frank & Clare

Thanks for that Frank - you can post his details in the legal
section if you like - makes it easier for people to find the
info.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
recommended legal 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates