Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up » Ozone?
Ozone? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Nicks22
Pictures: 0

Hi

Someone mentioned to me that there is a coffee morning held on Thursday's at the ozone bar....I was just wondering what the average age group was?

I'm 42 , a teacher now living in protaras. I'd really like to start integrating into the community and start building a group of good friends....they're important after all Smile

Many thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

ozone 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
annforbes

there are quite a lot of people in the 60+ age group but we also have property owners (at least one I can recall who is also a teacher) who come for a number of weeks a year (pumpkin logo -on this forum).

You may have noticed that the coffee morning does a lot of charity fund raising and also arranges day trips/occasional nights out in Cyprus.

Another 'community' is S E Cyprus Anglican Church which meets in Nissi Avenue at the Scandinavian church right next to the Orange Grove restaurant.
The Sunday worship is at 11am there and also some evening services in Dherinia see the website:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Nicks22

Thank you for the reply...it sounds like you keep yourselves busy. I'd like to come along if that's ok. When are you meeting next and at what time?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Nicks22

Also, do you have a link to pumpkin logo? Thanks
ozone 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:16 pm Reply with quote
annforbes

Hi Nicks

sorry for misleading you! 'pumpkin' is a person who logs on to the forum - but as you will no doubt understand not at this time of year when so much to do teaching wise!

Look out for pumpkin on the posts. Marion who leads the coffee morning often is online - so I expect she will say a friendly hello to you!
BTW it meets around 10am on Thursday
best wishes

Ann

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
marionmitchell

Hi
As Ann as replied the coffee morning starts around 10.00 AM but we are there till about 12.30 every Thursday except when we have a trip so pop along you will be most welcome
Marion

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
pumpkin

Hi there,
Just noticed this thread. Nicks22 the coffee morning ladies are a lovely, lively bunch, and are very welcoming.
They have loads going on, and when you get chatting to individuals they have given me countless ideas of fun things to do with my family which I would never have known about otherwise.
I have also got involved, through Jackie & Joan from the coffee morning (when possible, due to my infrequent trips) with the walking group, and although I am not usually a keen walker, I have had some lovely days out with them.
Just to clear up any confusion I'm not a teacher, (probably apparant with my bad grammar ) Very Happy its my Mum who is a retired teacher, she has come along with me on a few occasions.
Looking forward to seeing you all again in July xx
Carolyn
ozone 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
annforbes

oops sorry pumpkin thought you are a teacher too!

Ann Wink

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Nicks22

Thanks Carolyn....

I might pop along next week...are you going?

Can you suggest any other groups or things I can do around here on my own to meet new people.

Cheers
Re: ozone 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:33 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

annforbes wrote:
oops sorry pumpkin thought you are a teacher too!

Ann Wink
Quote:

No problem Ann...I'm quite flattered! Very Happy

Sorry Nicks22 I am not over again until the end of July, look forward to meeting you then Very Happy

Carolyn

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Jac

Hi Nicks22,

As Carolyn has mentioned we have a walking group which is very popular and is suitable for all ages. Our next walk is Tuesday 29th May. If you look in the Hobbies Section of this forum you will see the details of it. We go walking every 2 weeks and it's a great way to make new friends and seeing parts of the countryside we didn't know existed. If you want to know more about our walks just leave a message and Rob will get back to you or just turn up. We're a friendly bunch and you will be made very welcome.

Jac

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote
Nicks22

Hi

Thanks for letting me know. I will have a look to see where it is this week and maybe pop along.

Carolyn - look forward to meeting you too
Ozone? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up