Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Yiannis Mamas, Paradise Complex
Yiannis Mamas, Paradise Complex 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote
swagsteve
Pictures: 0

YIANNIS MAMAS

Hi we are thinking of buying on the paradise complex, kapparis with the above builders, any thoughts please
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quote
SBS

I bought one of the first flats at Paradise Court - and was extremely unhappy with it. I wouldn't touch Yiannis Mamas with a barge pole or buy from them if they were the only developer on the island. Their quality is very inferior, they cut corners, don't keep you informed of developments or lack of them and are generally very rude when you query things with them. I bought off plan at Paradise Court, it was a year late being finished and ended up nothing like the original plans. YM didn't keep us informed of the changes and by the time we saw the shell when all the walls etc were up, it was too late to do anything about it. My advice would be to steer clear of them. There are plenty of other developers worth dealing with and hundreds of other apartments up for sale.

SBS
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Yiannis Mamas 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Road Warrior
Pictures: 5

Not the best builders on the Island, not the most expensive either. We bought from them over four years ago, although, they then teamed up with Shokkos Brothers, who eventually bought them out to finish our development.

I have to say that we had no problems with Yiannis or his son Andreas, we had a brilliant solicitor who ensured that our contract was followed to the letter.

You will see from this forum that almost everyone has a story of misfortune regarding their builders, hardly surprising given the way the property boom has taken off in the last five years, people who buy from the big builders have problems too.
If you are not keen to go down the "off plan" route, buy a re sale and see what you will be getting, I guess, at the end of the day, you pay your money and you take your chance, even with all the research in the world, things go wrong.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:40 am Reply with quote
dsinger

we have bought also at Paradise , Kapparis ( David & Gerry)
what are your experiences so far

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
belle07

We have bought of Yannis Mamas on PARADISE and had nothing but a brilliant top notch service. The apartment is perfect and the guys at Mama's can't do enough to help us.

Different strokes for different folks I guess !!

Belle

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
leafield

We bought at Paradise Complex and are still waiting for the lifts to be installed 3 years later, despite many broken promises. One block out of four has had a lift installed and my understanding is that this was because a disabled resident threatened to sue. Mt experience is that the first 90% of the development was completed OK, but that the things that cost Mamas Developers but do not provide any profit have not been finished, for example Lifts, Green Areas, Children's Playground. Deeds will not be issued until the buildings are completed.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
leafield

If anybody would be interested in forming a Management Commitee to run the maintenance and pool, in order to keep Paradise Complex up to scratch, please post on here.
Paradise Complex 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Ian and elaine

Hi we have an apartment on the Paradise Complex. We had a problem with some tiles in our bathroom and as soon as we reported it, Makis ensured they were replaced. I would agree that it is disappointing that 2 years on there is still only 1 lift installed and they do let themselves down with the finishing touches such as trees, lighting and even the number of bins provided. We would be more than happy to discuss setting up a management company as I think this is the only way we are going to get things done.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Paradise Complex (Mamas Development) Kapparis 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
neleh466

If there are any owners on the above complex on the forum, please can they get in touch with me via e-mail.

either via my e-mail link below or if you are not a forum member then

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Look forward to hearing from you
Neleh

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:19 am Reply with quote
Rodders1

hi guys
paradise complex

just to inform you that satellite dishes are being stolen at the moment
off our roofs i have changed the locks on all doors to the roof space and a key given on request to the apartment owner if i see anyone i will report them to the police straight away as i will people drilling locks to gain access be warned.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Just adding this to the thread:

Rodders1 wrote:
hi guys
paradise complex

we have got a great deal with fire extinguishers for our complex i will be
putting them up very soon. and i have been pushing for our street lighting as its very dangerous at night we now have a lot of children in the area

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:57 am Reply with quote
Lyndi

mmmmmmmmmmmm............................................. I bought from Yiannis Mama's on the "Eleni" complex 5 years ago - everything hunky dory at first, then all went downhill. They certainly let themselves down once they have your money - my property is fine but as previous posts have mentioned it is things like the gardens, pool, road access and the like that are not finished to a standard that was promised. The "Green Area" at the front of our complex has solely been planted with trees,shrubs, plants etc at the expense of certain owners, with no input at all from YM. We have had problems with our pool, sewerage, road access, water bills not being paid by YM which caused megga problems, the roofs have not been re-painted and cracks etc to external walls have also not been addressed as promised by Yiannis Mama's, the Developer. A lot of owners on the "Eleni" complex have had major problems with their floor tiling too, which has cost them a lot of money to put right. To compound all these issues, trying to get "Maintenance Monies" off certain owners to try and address these problems that YM have left us with, is like trying to get blood out of a stone, but I know from other threads on this site that a lot of other complexes such as ours have the same problems - guess you can't have everything in this seemingly "idyllic world". My advice for anyone buying off-plan would be to get a good solicitor and make sure that a retainer is included in your contract to ensure all work is completed on site to the standard promised by the developer. Good Luck.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Ian and elaine

Just been out for a week. The complex is looking fantastic. Ronnie and Lara have done an amazing job. The pools are sparkling, communal areas clean and tidy and the plants are thriving. Very Happy
Yiannis Mamas, Paradise Complex 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments