Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up » 24-year-old male looks for friends in Kapparis/Paralimni ar.
24-year-old male looks for friends in Kapparis/Paralimni ar. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:02 pm Reply with quote
denisd
Pictures: 0

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Kapparis. Is there anyone who lives in the same area?

Feel free to email on

Cheers!
d
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

I believe there are a few people living in the Kapparis area because I drove there a week or so ago to collect a bargain I saw on this website!

However, you'd have been forgiven for thinking that there weren't any, because I did not see a single soul on the drive through, not even a dog or a cat! And most establishments were closed too. When I arrived at the house all the other houses surrounding it were unoccupied.

Cue the Twilight Zone music!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tangutica wrote:
I believe there are a few people living in the Kapparis area because I drove there a week or so ago to collect a bargain I saw on this website!

However, you'd have been forgiven for thinking that there weren't any, because I did not see a single soul on the drive through, not even a dog or a cat! And most establishments were closed too. When I arrived at the house all the other houses surrounding it were unoccupied.

Not sure which Kapparis you are talking about Tangutica, as Kapparis Paralimni is very much alive. Most of the establishments bars etc are open and do not close for winter Wink

Hi Denis,

Welcome to the forum,
Not sure if you have any hobbies but there are quiet a few mentioned in our Hobbies and Clubs section.
Hobbies, Clubs & Learning
If you are into football this link was for anyone who wanted to join in and they pratice in Ayia Napa not too far from Kapparis.
http://www.easterncyprus.com/viewtopic.php?t=45514
A good way of making new friends.

HTH

Julie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
marlowi

Hi
We are THE CORNER PIN pub in Kapparis
we are open daily all year and have many locals of all ages and interests ...

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

It's the Kapparis you drive thro Protaras to get to (didn't see any road signs to it). And it was around lunchtime and it was totally deserted!

I had to turn right past somewhere called Tony's taverna - down to the end (where it looked as if Cyprus ran out!) and left to a small development (Blue Water?) hardly any occupied dwellings and between the houses and the sea, a field with cloches and POISON warnings written up at the end of all of them!

*I kept the dog inside the car!

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
RosieS

We were all hiding Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Tangutica wrote:
It's the Kapparis you drive thro Protaras to get to (didn't see any road signs to it). And it was around lunchtime and it was totally deserted!

I had to turn right past somewhere called Tony's taverna - down to the end (where it looked as if Cyprus ran out!) and left to a small development (Blue Water?) hardly any occupied dwellings and between the houses and the sea, a field with cloches and POISON warnings written up at the end of all of them!

*I kept the dog inside the car!

That's just the first bit - if you continue on then there are bars and
restaurants - only one is closed in the winter - the Twilight bar.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Kapparis very much alive!!

Campbell Rolling Eyes

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Nour

so is still kapparis alive? and where do people meet up there?

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Not a lot of meeting places in Kapparis other than pubs, have checked a lot of the what's on list mentioned and many seem to no longer exist and other posts on list are suggestions, not taken up ie table tennis.

Local clubs and classes other than those connected to the gym are, so far as I know non existant in the immediate area and in winter one is not inclined to travel to the surrounding villages.

Have never been able to understsand why this village, one of the largest, is so bereft of interesting clubs to join and now, with so many empty shops around, may be a good time for someone with a particular skill or gift, to start something . As this area can be the lonliest place on the planet.

If there are places I am unaware of I would be glad to hear of them Smile

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
geoffreys
Membership Closed
Pictures: 1

scottie wrote:
Not a lot of meeting places in Kapparis other than pubs, have checked a lot of the what's on list mentioned and many seem to no longer exist and other posts on list are suggestions, not taken up ie table tennis.

Local clubs and classes other than those connected to the gym are, so far as I know non existant in the immediate area and in winter one is not inclined to travel to the surrounding villages.

Have never been able to understsand why this village, one of the largest, is so bereft of interesting clubs to join and now, with so many empty shops around, may be a good time for someone with a particular skill or gift, to start something . As this area can be the lonliest place on the planet.

If there are places I am unaware of I would be glad to hear of them Smile

You are right Scottie - great opportunity for someone to start up a singles bar.
Geoff.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
scottie

Certainly don't need a singles bar personally, happily married , my Harvey Nics 5th floor days are over Laughing

The only problem is meeting people like some you meet on here Laughing but that's a chance one has to take Laughing Laughing

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
dojoman
Membership Closed

Tangutica wrote:

I wonder if this is what she is referring to in the thread about retiring and living here? when she states that most red soil villages close in the winters.
24-year-old male looks for friends in Kapparis/Paralimni ar. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Meeting-Up