Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » TAJ PAVILION, DHEKELIA RD, LARNAKA Goto page 1, 2  Next
TAJ PAVILION, DHEKELIA RD, LARNAKA 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:33 am Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed
Pictures: 0

Hi

We have had discussions re. Indian restaurants and some very negative comments on Ganga and some very good comments on Masalas, but has anyone tried the new Indian opposite Masalas for either a sit down or takeaway.

Would love to know as don't want another poor experience like that from Ganga and will stick to Masalas unless the new one is top!!

Also, whats Masalas like for takeaway as only had sit down there??

Regards

DEano
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote
bonnyange2

Hi Dean, havent tried this restaurant yet, but would love to know how it is as well. Regarding Masalas for a takeaway, its as good as the sit down meal, excellent.

Ange
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:37 pm Reply with quote
titantrigger

What was this new Indian before it changed?

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

hi
it was a spanish tapa bar before and before that fish restaurant
deano

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:12 pm Reply with quote
titantrigger

cheers just trying to get my bearings, not been back for a while

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:01 am Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

anyone been there yet??
Indians - a summary 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Chris Mooney

Hi we all ove our indian meals here
this is what I've found
2 x poor meals at the Ghanga (sit in)
Friends went to the Taj and reported it was c**p and highly recommended the Masalas. We went to the Masalas and had the worst curry I've ever had...
Since then we've ordered a delivery (they do them now) from Ghanga and it was excellent
So you pays you money and takes your choice
Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer but on the whole I think the Ghanga is the best of a bad bunch
HTH
Chris

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote
murf62

I've not tried Gangas, but have been to Masalas a few times and it's always been good. However, I have not been back to Masalas since I tried the Taj a couple of months back, the food is always excellent, both sit in & takeaway.

I personally think the Taj is very good, the best indian I've tried in Cyprus to date.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:29 am Reply with quote
murf62

Reading this thread yesterday made me so hungry I decided to try Masalas again last night. Food was good as always, but the service was appalling. Place was 2/3 full and only 2 waitresses working. It took over 30 mins & 3 times of asking to get the bill. I was getting up to walk out when they finally brought it.

I will never go back there again.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

Hi
How does the food at Taj rate with Masalas- is it authentic Indian, cos as good as Masalas is i sometimes find sauces a bit too much tomato based and not as authentic as UK curry houses?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:23 pm Reply with quote
murf62

On the whole, I personally prefer the Taj's. Their Ckicken Tikka starter is particularly good. I do like the Showaddy special at Masala's though. Give Taj a try & see what you think.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

gonna try the Taj later so will let you know what i think! Any recommendations?

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

Had a takewaway last night from taj- nan bread and one dish a little salty- but on the whole, very good- i would say more traditional / authentic then Masalas and not so tomatery based sauce.
Masalas is good, but not so authentic/tasty as the Taj takeaway- so will definitley go back again and try some more dishes

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010

deano, i have watched this topic, and i would think that you could be one of the original owners of this establishment. i could be wrong, but please correct me if i'm wrong, ronnie thomson

Last edited by rtp2010 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

No you are wrong! I simply love my curries and was asking people if they had been to Taj - sorry, but nothing more sinister than that!!! It has taken me quite a few months to try the place and I was trying to see if it was worth trying in the first place.
Problem with this forum sometimes is that although it is for recommendations / advice, it seems not to always be used for that . I am not referring to anyone, but perhaps if people do advertise by making out they are a customer or have used a particular service then it is ruining the forum for others, like myself, who just want recommendations!!!!
For the record, I love a sit down in Masalas, not been keen on my Ganga takeaway and enjoyed my one Taj Takeaway, will go back again for a curry, hopefully that will be good, but will still use Masalas as I enjoy it there.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
deano
Membership Closed

Also, it is best not to make assumptions, especially when you are wrong!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Sunday Mail Seven Magazine Review published 3 June 2007.

"Regal surroundings and excellent food"

Marion

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
planetgillrocks

We went to the Taj last night and had a lovely meal. I agree about some bits being a little too salty for my liking (the salad and onion Bahjis) but it was very nice. I felt like I was in a curry house in the UK.

I have to admit that Im not an expert on curries by any stretch and prefer Masalas. My husband loves his curries and therefore preferred Taj. We came to an agreement that in future we will alternate visits so that we are both happy.

The have done a brilliant job decorating the place and have indian music playing which was quite nice. The service was faultless so we will definitely go back.
Clap

Gillx

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
hatzyian
Pictures: 10

We went to Taj last (Sunday) night, arrived at 20-00, drinks, order and papadoms all arrived OK. We then waited 40 minutes for our meal, and that was only after we had asked what was happening. In that time nobody had come to see if we wanted more drinks, or tell us about any delay. When the food arrived it was very good, but mine was luke warm, with a "skin" over the top as if it had been sitting in the container for some time.
We finished our meal, and after 15 min the dishes still hadn't been cleared away, I asked for the bill. That came quickly. The lady asked if everything was OK she was most put out when I said that no, the service was really bad. She shot off with my card and was back within a minute for me to sign it. She said that she was sorry for the bad service, but that was all. When we left the empty plates were still on the table. By this time we had finished the meal 25 minutes before.
The place was not full by any means. I don't know if this was normal for this place, but I will be very reluctant to go back again, even though the food was very good.

I have been to Ganga quite a few times and found the food generaly good. The first time it was all very mild, athlough I had asked for a Madras. I was told that is because the Cypriots didn't like hot curries. Since then we always ask for it to be spicy, and it is OK. To me, this is wrong, as a Madras is HOT and should always be that way. If you want a medium or mild Curry, choose something else.

Massalas we have found to be generally good, in service and food.

Ian Embarassed

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm Reply with quote
angelus

where abouts is the taj pavillion on the dekelia road, im coming down from nicosia tonite, i used to live in oroklini and went to masalas before but that was two years ago my memory is fading Smile

there was another i got takeout from is that kantara or something else back from that?

thajks

and a telephone number if possible Smile
TAJ PAVILION, DHEKELIA RD, LARNAKA 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area