Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Chromata Lagoon, Kapparis Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Chromata Lagoon, Kapparis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote
alexboa
Pictures: 0

Hello

Has anyone out there bought on this development?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quote
annier

Hi there. I have just seen your message from December.
My partner George and I have purchased an apartment in Chromata Lagoon. I have also been in contact with another new member called Sandra who has bought one too.
I received an email from Giovani at Christmas and the apartments have shot up. I cant believe how quick everything has happend.
Which block are you moving to?
We are going out there on 16 May for a week just to check on everything.

Annie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
alexboa

Hello Annie

Just noticed your posting, sorry about the delay.

I did smile when I read through your post. I am buying the apartment with my partner Sandra, obviously we need to talk more often!

We are booked to go over in April, I will take some pics and will email them to you. I guess Sandra has your email address.

Alex
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:43 am Reply with quote
annier

NIce one Alex!!! That certainly made me smile. Yes George and I would love to see some photographs of the apartments when you go over there in April. We are going on 16 May.

I did send Sandra some photographs that Giovani sent me in December. I was so surprised how the apartments have shot up. When we were there in May they were just a few holes in the ground.

Annie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Chromata Lagoon progress update 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quote
Pookie

Hi All,

I spoke to the developers yesterday and progress is good and still on schedule to complete at the end of this year.

The majority of Block A will have windows next week and all tiling completed, the pool is well the way also. The other blocks are not far behind.

I'm hoping to have some pics next week, so will post them up as soon as I get them. I'm also going out at the end of April, so may well have more pics then!

Already started shopping for bits and pieces!

Cheers,

Andy

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
annier

Hi Andy
Thanks for the info regarding the apartments. Hope you have a good trip out there in April. We are going on 16 May for a week.
Which number and block are you purchasing.

I have been in touch with Giovani 4 times by email and also left messages on the phone regarding our stage payments. One is due now and according to our Contract it should be paid after tiling is completed. Ive been trying to find out if this has been done or not.
As I have fixed my rate, Ive had to draw the money, but instead of it sitting in my Solictior's account for onward transmission to Giovani, Ive had it sent to my Cyriot account and they can wait now until I go in May!!

We are wondering whether or not we can complete in Febuary rather than December. This is because the flights are so expensive. I dont know whether this will be acceptable or not.

Speak soon, Annie

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Pookie

Hi Annie,

I've bought A3, a 1 bed on the first floor overlooking the pool.

My last post on the subject of Giovani was pretty positive......I have to say that since then I have had quite a turbulent time, mainly due to poor communication on their part. I won't go into the fine detail now (blood pressure's rising already!!) but ...... (and purely by coincidence) the upshot is that I've ended up with a far better mortgage deal, but it has left a slightly bad taste in my mouth.

As to whether you will be able to delay completion, I would think that's a conversation you need to have with Giovani and hope that they are understanding. Depending on your contract/final payment obligations you may not need to actually be there in person, but it would seem sensible to do satisfy yourself that all is in order before you hand over the final payment(!). I guess you just need to see what flights are available nearer the time and see where you stand then.

HTH

Andy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
annier

Andy - Sorry to hear that you have had a few problems with Giovani. We actually went out with Parador Properties last March just for a look. The last thing we thought we would do was to see something that we liked. How wrong were we!! However, as we hadn't looked into finance, luckily we didnt sign on the dotted line. We came home, thought about it and contacted Giovani direct. We managed to get about 3500 knocked off the price that Parador wanted to charge us.

We are buying apartment B6. Its a corner apartment on the second floor.
Still hoping that we have done the right thing. The glossy pictures look so nice, just hope the real thing lives up to them.

Annie

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
alexboa

Hello

Just noticed that I had aquired a new neighbour so thought I had better post a reply and say hello - we are in A04.

Sorry to hear that you have had some problems with Giovani, to date everything has gone smoothly although I do tend to only contact them by email. My partner and I, Sandra, will be going out on the 18th April for a few days to check on progess and take a few pictures. We have even invested in a camcorder to record events for posterity!! If you would like copies please just let me know.

Regards

Alex & Sandra

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:24 pm Reply with quote
annier

Alex and Sandra

Thought Id better address it to both of you now that I know you are a couple!!!!

We too have just invested in a camcorder for the same reason as you have. Trouble is we are finding it hard to use. I think I need a 10 year child to show me how.
Enjoy your trip out on the 18th. We are going out the following month on the 16th.
Have you paid your instalment yet to Giovani? You will have read my comments on not being able to reach them. Wondered if you had heard anything?

Annie

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Pookie

Well between us, there should be a complete photo album!

I'm sure it will look fantastic when finished - we had a good look around at other Giovani developments, as well as several others before committing and overall were impressed with the quality. I know there are other threads talking of problems with their work, but I think you could say the same for many developers and you have to take a balanced view. Anyway, it's too late now!! Laughing

You're right about haggling on the price - well worth the effort!

Andy

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
Pookie

Hi All,

Attached are some pics taken last week of the pool and surrounding blocks. It's all looking pretty good!
We're flying out next weekend so will have chance for a good look around.

Cheers,

Andy

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
annier

Andy

Thanks so much for the photos. Its looks great - I cant believe so much work has already been done.

Hope you both enjoy your trip next week. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Thanks again.

Annie and George

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Liam,Jacqui Woods

hi,alexboa we have bought in block F apartment 3,we were last out their nov 06 and surprised at how far on the building work was on (it looks great) just got new photos Very Happy cheers Liam
Chromata Lagoon 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Miss The Sun

Hi,

We're back from Kapparis - it was too short a visit. The development is coming on a treat, the pictures are very similar to the ones posted above, so no point in downloading them onto here.

Sandra and Alex

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:28 pm Reply with quote
annier

Hi everyone
George ad I are going out on 16 May to have a look at the apartments. Anybody want anything checking out whilst we are there?

Annie

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Pookie

I forgot to say that when I was out there a couple of weeks ago, Giovani were actually talking about the possibility of the development being completed EARLY!!!

I won't be holding my breath, but it looks like it should at least be on schedule! Laughing

Given the weather out there at the moment, I'm so glad we went when we did!

Andy

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:36 pm Reply with quote
annier

Hi Andy

Nice to hear from you again. From the looks of your pictures, I can see why there is a possibility of the apartments being ready early.

You said in an earlier posting that your blood pressure was up because of Giovani. I think I am joining you. I have sent about 5 emails, 2 phonecalls and 2 faxes to Amanda at Giovani and have not heard anything from her. We are going next Wednesday for a week and want to make arrangements to meet her at a certain time at the apartments, but she is not getting back to us.
When we agreed to the purchase price of the property it agreed that we could have one of the windows in the bedroom made into a patio door (which I believe has been completed) and also have the tiling in the bathroom up to the ceiling rather than stop at the top of the door. She sent me an email asking for 200 for the extra row of tiling to be done. I sent one back to her saying no way, this had already been included in the purchase price and I have heard nothing since. 200 for an extra row of tiles seems a ridiculous price anyway.
Their after sales service seems to be non existant .

Annie

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote
angelaI

They did the same with us when we had our tiles up to the top. Stick to it and don't pay, we did'nt

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
angelaI

They did the same with us when we had our tiles up to the top. Stick to it and don't pay, we did'nt
Chromata Lagoon, Kapparis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments