Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk » maternity allowance
maternity allowance 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote
bmelany88
Pictures: 0

hy,i hope somebody can help me around here,i will give birt around 8 september,and i applied to the maternity allowance/grant,somebody know how much they give,a friend told me that 2 years before she got 3000 euro,but is it difficult to belive it,and how long time takes to get that money?thank you
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote
bmelany88

dificult to belive that nobody heared about this money
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
MATERNITY PAY 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote
little vix

HI there, did you manage to find out any information regarding the child benefit and maternity allowance?

im in same situation and finding it difficult to find any info or help anywhere!

tnks vicky
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:32 pm Reply with quote
KellyMarie

U get the forms for both maternity pay and the maternity grant from the social security office... (I submitted mine last week)
The grant is for approx 500 euros and can only be submitted after the birth of the baby upon production of certain documents (birth certificate of baby )

The forms are in Greek so if you dont read or write Greek you may need someone to help you complete them.

Hope that helps...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
lou82

Hi

The maternity pay is 60% of you social insurance contributions. You get this for 18 weeks.
When I had my 1st baby I didnt get it until he was about 5 months old!! You have to really keep on there case about it.
I have just has my 2nd child (2 months ago) and I received one payment which was for the 3 weeks before she was born (you can not claim maternity allownace anytime before this)but they have to receive the birth certificate to issue the oher 15 weeks worth of money. I sent this a couple of weeks ago and after speaking to them in Nicosia today they said the payment will be made in 10 days.
This is also the same with th Grant...they have to receive birth certificate.
All I suggest is if after a few weeks youve heard nothing chase them up again and again.
The telephone number for the main office in Nicosia is 22401600 and you just chose the option to go through to maternity allowance and grants. I found it much better speaking direct to these people then the local office!!

Good luck Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:55 pm Reply with quote
kelliec

Hi I hope your received your grant and maternity pay ok. just to remind you (you probably know already) to apply for your annual child benefit - you can get the form on line (in English) or you can pick up a form from the office where you register the birth certs etc.

I only have 2 children and I have to wait till June to apply for mine at the moment they have changed the form so they are concerntrating on the families that have 3 or more. this has to be done every year.

hope all is well x
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

kelliec wrote:
Hi I hope your received your grant and maternity pay ok. just to remind you (you probably know already) to apply for your annual child benefit - you can get the form on line (in English) or you can pick up a form from the office where you register the birth certs etc.

I only have 2 children and I have to wait till June to apply for mine at the moment they have changed the form so they are concerntrating on the families that have 3 or more. this has to be done every year.

hope all is well x
Do you have the link to the English form online please?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 pm Reply with quote
kelliec

MrsBouvier wrote:
kelliec wrote:

hope all is well x
Do you have the link to the English form online please?

yeah sure - click on this link and then click on PDF link and form is in english

http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/mof.nsf/page04_en/page04_en?OpenDocument&Start=1&Count=1000&Expand=1

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

maternity allowance 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Toddler Talk