Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General » Where To Celebrate Mass?
Where To Celebrate Mass? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
steensrestaurant
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Pictures: 0

I have some customers who would like to celebrate mass this sunday. They are staying in Protaras but would travel further afield if need by. Can anyone help ie places times etc.

Thanks

Billy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

The Anglican church of South East Cyprus welcomes all with services held
at the Scandinavian Church, off Nissi Avenue, (close to Macdonalds),
Agia Napa, usual Sunday service time of 11.00am.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
gives a pointer.

mass 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:51 am Reply with quote
tony harte
Membership Suspended

think they mean a catholic church?

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:30 am Reply with quote
spurs
Membership Closed

I think the bases have Catholic churches.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Petros

Catholic Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 12 noon in the Chapel in the car park of The Atlantica Aneas Hotel in Ayia Napa located on Nissi Avenue opposite entrance to Nissi Beach.
Or alternatively as Steve has advised everyone no matter what faith is welcome at the Anglican Church service held in the Scandinavian Church in Ayia Napa at 11am every Sunday morning...The Scandinavian Church is located next to the Parko Pallisto Fun Fair in Ayia Napa.
HTH
Ann

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote
journo
Pictures: 17

For Greek Orthodox mass, then nothing beats Agios Lazarus in Larnaka. Catholic mass in Larnaka: Terra Santa.
Tel. No.: 24/ 64 28 58
Fax: 24/ 63 69 53
Email:
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
CyprusForMe
Location: Having escaped the near-death experience of Sofia Bulgaria, happily living in Frenaros

Petros wrote:
Catholic Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 12 noon in the Chapel in the car park of The Atlantica Aneas Hotel in Ayia Napa located on Nissi Avenue opposite entrance to Nissi Beach.
HTH
Ann

Can anyone confirm if this information is still valid? My mom is visiting for a few months and she is Catholic and will want to go to Mass every Sunday.

Thanks

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Petros

I beleive the info re Catholic Mass at the Atlantica Aneas Hotel chapel is still valid...however if you ring the hotel reception they should be able to confirm it as the manager is always aware of what is happening in the Chapel.hth
Ann

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
PatCon

The Roman Catholic Mass is celebrated every day and several times on a Sunday in Larnaca and the church gets full, a large proportion are devout Philippinos. I seem to remember it is said in English and the sermon went on too long for my taste when I was there. The RC church is near Metro supermarket and is signposted.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Fredscot

Even tho we are Catholic, we use the church on Ay Nic base, the Padre at the moment is Anglican but you always get a really warm welcome (more than I ever got in a Catholic Church)....... and they offer you a cup of tea/ coffee and cake afterwards Very Happy

Mass is at 10.30 am on Sundays.......oh and we are not military

Mrs Fred

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Coffee and cake? I might 'forget' how LAPSED I am for that!
Where To Celebrate Mass? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » General