Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Aqua Residence Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aqua Residence 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266
Pictures: 0

HI ALL HAS ANYONE BOUGHT OR HEARD OF AQUA RESIDENCE PYLA GIOVANNI DEVELOPER ALLEGEDLY COMPLETING APRIL 2012 BOUGHT THROUGH ROP UK APPEAR TO HAVE GONE TO THE WALL CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP GETTING DESPERATE
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:50 am Reply with quote
ojayspbody
Pictures: 11

Work stopped on this site back in December. The site has been locked down ever since. I pass by every day and nothing is happening there unfortunately. Sad I have some photo's of the present siuation at the site should you want them, my previous employer was supposed to involved in the maintanance/handovers, this is now not happening.
Hope this helps
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266

thanks so much fist bit of news ive had bad as it is have tried to contact giovanni developer no replies will just have to keep trying thanks again

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

Hi .

I know what you mean about being kept in the dark.

I signed contract with the Bank and Ropuk

Within 1 month Ropuk said where now out of buisness .

1 month later all work stops on site,

The bank has not bothered communicating with anyone at all ?

Now no one knows whats going on except we have all lost our deposits if ?'''''''''etc

My god does no one control the banks these days,,

It does seem a bit to convenient to me though

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266

HI havent been on for a while aqua residence not going ahead because alpha bank are no longer providing mortgages as properties are not same value as 3 years ago when original plans began. developer now looking to charge a further 7 percent cost so another 20 thousand and nothing to show for it. this nightmare isnt ending.Have heard peter mccormack and kevin a former director of rop uk are supposed to be in cyprus in the next few days to try to sort things out. Im coming out to cyprus in July to try and sort things out for myself. any advice anyone can give would be really appreciated thanks maureen

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

From the info that I've received over the last few days the bankers are now releasing the funds.

I will say that Giovanni group did offer to transfer my deposit onto another property if i wished , so at least there is a little light Sad

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266

REGARDING MORTGAGES I SPOKE TO BANK ON THURSDAY THEY STATED NO MORTGAGES BEING RELEASED AS PROPERTY IS NOT SAME VALUE AS FIRST SOLD ALTHOUGH I MUST SAY BANK STATED THEY WERE IN TALKS WITH DEVELOPER. I WAS ALSO OFFERED A TRANSFER TO ANOTHER PROPERTY BUT I COULDNT CHOOSE THEY TOLD ME WHAT I COULD HAVE AND HOW MUCH I WOULD HAVE TO SPEND NOT THE BEST WAY TO DO BUSINESS I WPOULDNT HAVE THOUGHT

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

Well perhaps Giovanni should drop the prices to today's market prices that would solve all our problems.

Lets hope a few more find this site so we can all work together and get proper legal action going , as this certainly feels wrong somewhere along the line.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 am Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266

IM WITH YOU ON THAT ONE TALKS SUPPOSED TO BE GOING ON J UST NOW LETS HOPE WE GET A POSITIVE OUTCOME EMAIL FROM DEVELOPER CHARGING A FURTHER 7 PERCENT OF PURCHASE PRICE WHAT A CHEEK BECAUSE FUNDS HAVENT BEEN RELEASED. THERE DOESNT SEEM TO BE ANYTHING OUT THERE PROTECTING US. EX FINANCIAL ADVISOR SAID HE WOULD HELP LET ME DOWN AGAIN NOT ANSWERING CALLS HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A LIST OF ALL THE BUYERS 100 OR SO STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING LEGAL ACTION SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY WAY

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

I think you could be right , but we need to look into whether or not we were miss-sold by the Rop Uk Company as well (Register complaint with FSA).

This has all happened to quick after signing.

Especially with all the last minute changes to the contract with no prior notice.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
Plasterite

The following this info may be of interest to others:-

F.S.A .contact details for the general public & consumers

Our consumer helpline is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

0845 606 1234

Email: Consumer Helpline :-
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Idea

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:12 am Reply with quote
gassey

Hi
We too are in the same position as many, we have been told that the payments have been witheld from giovani. We signed up in 2008 with an estimated completion date of Sept 2011, I don't think this is likely to happen, Im in the frame of mind that this is going to be a disaster whatever the outcome, I'm for getting out and hopefully my money back.
There is never a day when I do not think about this situation, something drastic needs to be done, we all need to obtain everbodies details who are in the same position, I have a friend who bought property in Spain and the same thing happened, he eventually got his money back. Let's stick together and demand action, anybody else feel this way !

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

With you on that , although I'm not opposed to changing my deposit to another property , if the deal is right.

I know of another member of the aqua club i will try and contact him .

Once our numbers increase a little bit more , I am not adverse to legal action , I just need to ascertain the various liabilities of the parties .

Keep it touch

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

This is very worrying as Giovani is one of the biggest developers in Cyprus.
We run a group Property In Cyprus Action Support Group (PICAS) set up to help people with property problems. You no longer need to feel alone. Membership is free. Our next meeting is on 29th June in the Dhekelia Leisure Centre 2.30pm (Watch our site for further details)
Come along and get free legal advice and use us as a platform to bring your fellow purchasers together.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
MAUREEN1266

Although it would be great to transfer to another property in order not to lose deposit the deal would have to be really good and I doubt that very much I was offered a transfer but on developer terms they chose the property I was offered an apartment which was smaller and more expensive than a 2 bed 3 bath semi villa on same complex when I asked about this I was refused. I doubt its for our benefit these are properties the developer hasnt sold its a buyers market now Ideally getting the money back as its now become a holiday home from hell would be an ideal solution.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Hi Maureen,
Perhaps some of the following will help.
Info supplied by Steve (forum owner)
It sounds like the place I had a meeting with - I know he does help
many people but not sure on the mis-selling and the other details.

Lakis Ioannou - 99 570930

Here is what I wrote about him at the time:

Lakis is a Cypriot chap who has worked in London at various CAB (Citizen
Advice Bureaux) offices before returning to Cyprus. With a legal background
he operates a CAB office in Larnaca - recognised and with funding from the
EU. To clarify this is not a Citizens Service Center but an office that
runs just like the CAB in the UK helping, over the years, thousands of
people with a range of issues relating to their rights. Trying to fight,
where necessary, the various levels of government and in many cases winning.

He has been an advisor to presidents of Cyprus and been offered various
ministerial positions in various political parties which he has subsequently
turned down."

Unfortunately I don't have an email address but with the number above you
should be able to reach them - they have an office in the centre of Larnaca.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
--

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
baileyboy

Hi Maureen,
The following article from an old Cyprus Mail is worth a read.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Plasterite

Thank you all for trying to assist,

[Edited]

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 am Reply with quote
baileyboy

Although I am not a legal expert I would think that if your contract has been lodged with the land registry then neither the developer or yourself can alter the contract unless both parties are agreeable to the change.
To check your contract has been filed at the Land Registry complete Form N50 The buyer could separately also visit the Land Registry and complete a N50 search form (with English translation. To obtain a copy of the N50 Form go to the Cyprus Property News site and put in a search for Form N50.
Complete the form and take it with your Contract of Sale and your passport to their office.
They will check that your Contract has been lodged and give you a list of all of the other owners.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 am Reply with quote
Plasterite

Thank you for the above info, I will look into that ASAP. I will also pass it on to other parties.

Smile
Aqua Residence 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments