Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music » My Greek Kitchen - recipe book!
My Greek Kitchen - recipe book! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote
suemaloo
Pictures: 0

Tonia Buxton is in Cyprus, she has 5 days to shoot 65 recipes for her long
awaited book!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Re: My Cyprus Kitchen Fans 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
LEX1

Playing now again on sky Living Channel 265 Sat Afternoons, Enjoy Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
alicat1971

great stuff, it is hard to get a decent greek cookery book, let's hope it is worth the wait!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

The original post was written in March 2011, and the book is still not available Sad
I believe that she had some trouble with the publisher, and I think it is due in about September this year....can't wait!

Carolyn

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:09 pm Reply with quote
suemaloo

It's a good job we are patient people Carolyn, lol! There was a notice on Waterstones website for a while regarding the publisher and I have been checking Tonia's website and My Greek Kitchen on Facebook but unfortunately it has all gone rather quiet on the book front. Such a shame as it seems there is quite a bit of interest for it. Lets hope September brings more success. Will just have to watch all my episodes on my Sky planner until then. I did buy a while back a book called Kopiaste which is quite good.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

suemaloo wrote:
I did buy a while back a book called Kopiaste which is quite good.

I'll have a look for that one, I did manage to get a Cypriot one on Amazon, but it's not very good Sad

I will be buying Tonia's book as soon as its released for my husband, who loves her cooking.....well at least I presume it's her cooking he likes!!

Laughing

Carolyn

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote
suemaloo

Hi Carolyn, I got Kopiaste from the supermarket along Kennedy Avenue, not Shiappani, the other one on the opposite side of the road, though I have seen it in other tourist shops in Pernera & Protaras. Your husband will just have to make do with the foodie pics in that one until Tonia's Greek Kitchen hits the internet/bookshelves.

Sue

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

Any of you lucky enough to be in Protaras today (I am back in UK Crying or Very sad ) may be lucky enough to bump into Tonia.
I believe she is staying at Capo Bay tonight

Oh, and the book should be available from 01/10/12

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm Reply with quote
suemaloo

I am now the proud owner of a copy of Tonia's long awaited book. Met the lovely Tonia at Aroma Patisserie in Palmers Green and she signed my copy. Took a great photo of Tonia and OH. It's a super book, off to make some hummus now.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
pumpkin

suemaloo wrote:
I am now the proud owner of a copy of Tonia's long awaited book. Met the lovely Tonia at Aroma Patisserie in Palmers Green and she signed my copy. Took a great photo of Tonia and OH. It's a super book, off to make some hummus now.

Nice one! My copy is on order Very Happy

Carolyn
My Greek Kitchen - recipe book! 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music