Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music » Cypriot food question Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

Tangutica wrote:
Well now Mrs B. Despite my brittle exterior I am in fact RULED by concern for Bella the Bugger (my dawg!)

So bothered about her going into boarding that I have booked ONE WAY. I've warned them I will try not to phone every 2hrs but expect to hear from me every day lol!

Maybe 10 days.

I have to go again in July for my understudy's graduation. And AGAIN in Aug/Sep for arrival of first grandchild.

Makes up for not going to the UK for 3 yrs on end I s'pose?
This is true...am popping back myself in May...to take the roll of godmother at my godson to be Christening!...hoping to hit the shops too (just don't tell homer) Laughing

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Tangutica
Pictures: 26

Not doing the shops this trip at all. Not many cheapie shops in Bath anyway! I will be swanning round one of my favourite cities. I love Bath and my son lives right in the historic centre of it now.

So I have parted with many pennies to the shops in Cyprus buying WARM things to wear there and take with me.

Looked at laptop bags today (gave my one away with my laptop when I got this new VIAO at Xmas). Couldn't believe they started from about 39+!! Ended up buying a huge padded shopper handbag in a sale lol! 11 but no one would be seen dead with me when using it lol!

Fits in a treat with room and pockets for money, passport, proper handbag, book and my lekky faggy!

It's a sort of fetching shade of pearlised plum - imitation leather, err... I mean plastik!

But this stupid thing now where your laptop has to be INSIDE your hand luggage bag grrr!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:06 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

Tangutica wrote:
Not doing the shops this trip at all. Not many cheapie shops in Bath anyway! I will be swanning round one of my favourite cities. I love Bath and my son lives right in the historic centre of it now.

So I have parted with many pennies to the shops in Cyprus buying WARM things to wear there and take with me.

Looked at laptop bags today (gave my one away with my laptop when I got this new VIAO at Xmas). Couldn't believe they started from about 39+!! Ended up buying a huge padded shopper handbag in a sale lol! 11 but no one would be seen dead with me when using it lol!

Fits in a treat with room and pockets for money, passport, proper handbag, book and my lekky faggy!

It's a sort of fetching shade of pearlised plum - imitation leather, err... I mean plastik!

But this stupid thing now where your laptop has to be INSIDE your hand luggage bag grrr!
The bag sounds absolutely divine LOL...Now stop boasting 'bout your new lapdog (as my friends Nan used to call them)...am very jealous! Its Primark....or Primani as the kids call it that I am looking forward to Laughing Laughing

Post: #24   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks
Pictures: 0

Tangutica wrote:

On BA you can have hand baggage and a laptop.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #25   PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
zam

Hi, the dish with vine leaves filled with mince and rice (think that's the one you mean?) is called dolmades. Ilove them too. Smile

Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Campbell Findlay wrote:
Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

Why is it such a crime to digress? Can't bear dolmades...... nasty slimy things imo.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote
alanmorton99

Andrew Brooks wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:
Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

Why is it such a crime to digress? Can't bear dolmades...... nasty slimy things imo.

If you want to "digress", start another thread!!!! Idea Idea

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

alanmorton99 wrote:
Andrew Brooks wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:
Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

If you want to "digress", start another thread!!!! Idea Idea

Pedant. Rolling Eyes

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

Quote:

Been there, tried it when I flew to the Cayman Is. They made me buy a shopping bag to put it all in.

Said the website should change their info. It is not UP TO the airline - it is a rule at the airport apparently.

And if you are doing a 2 flight or more journey (just as with baggage allowance) doesn't matter what the rules are for one leg of it - lowest common denominator and all that.

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 am Reply with quote
Tangutica

Oh yeah - apologies to Campbell Findlay - have had a look and cannot see where you have contributed anything about FOOD to this thread - your post was just a moan.

If you are concerned to keep the thread 'on topic' say something about FOOD yourself. Some threads just do wander off or would vanish if not kept posted to.

Post: #32   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote
don
Membership Closed

AB , if you don't like them don't eat them simple, I love them but with Turkey mince though not pork also stuffed green peppers and tomatoes/onions can all be stufed makes a change from vine leaves
Andrew Brooks wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:
Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

Post: #33   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

don wrote:
AB , if you don't like them don't eat them simple, I love them but with Turkey mince though not pork also stuffed green peppers and tomatoes/onions can all be stufed makes a change from vine leaves
Andrew Brooks wrote:
Campbell Findlay wrote:
Cyprus Food??????

Campbell. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the advice Don. Hadn't thought of that Rolling Eyes I'm the chef in our house and I often cook stuffed peppers/tomatoes etc........ Tonia from My Greek Kitchen showed me how Laughing

Post: #34   PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Tangutica wrote:
Quote:

Been there, tried it when I flew to the Cayman Is. They made me buy a shopping bag to put it all in.

Said the website should change their info. It is not UP TO the airline - it is a rule at the airport apparently.

And if you are doing a 2 flight or more journey (just as with baggage allowance) doesn't matter what the rules are for one leg of it - lowest common denominator and all that.

Just saying Tang Shocked Flew with BA last Xmas, Larnaca/ Heathrow return and had no probs with laptop plus hand baggage.
Cypriot food question 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Cypriot Recipes & Music