Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Paralimni A & E
Paralimni A & E 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

After an accident which resulted in nearly losing the tip of my big toe and the nail being ripped right back to the nail bed. Crying or Very sad I would just like to say I was seen immediatley and the wound dealt with. also received a tetnus jab.
Gerry (the nurse) asked for my E111 which i still have not got Embarassed he said that was ok they just needed my details and passport and the bill would be sent to the UK.

You can find the hospital easy just drive towards DEryhnia and just after petra house you will see a sign to turn right follow the road until you see the sign at the left turn, its an old hospital but I understand the new one is being built .

Staff were excellent and so nice to go in and be seen right away.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:04 pm Reply with quote
chiploi
Pictures: 16

Hi Elizavet
Two of my grandsons had to visit the hospital after only being 6 weeks in Cyprus. One caught his hand when fishing which went septic. He ended up in hospital on a drip. The second broke his arm after only two days at school. My daughter got this through her insurance.
I have the new E111 so it's nice to know that treatment is available.
I am going over for 2 or 3 months and was wondering whether I should extend my travel insurance to cover this or perhaps just rely on the E111 cover.
I get free travel insurance through the Lloydstsb, but this only covers you for 31days as does most travel insurance.
another thing that I am not sure about is Household Insurance. I believe that the same applies ie: that the property must not be left empty for more than 31days

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Hi Roy
The treatment on the E111 is for minor injuries. as far as i am aware. I would make sure my travel insurance covers me for the whole of the stay. i do know they ask for to look at your tickets if you need to claim.

As for the house insurance i know the broker asked me how long it would be empty we gave him an approx time. not sure what it was now will need to check when i renew next month

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote
rapho
Pictures: 0

the EHIC card (replacing E111 form) is designed for emergency treatment while abroad. It should be valid for about one year but may depend on the individual's circumstances. For full cover, surely better to have private insurance as well I wd have thought.
Raphaella

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

We had to take my mother up to the new Paralimni hospital when we were there in June. She was seen and x-rayed straight away and we were out of there after her treatment and with her prescription drugs withing 45 mins.

Exceptional service.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
EHIC Cards 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:46 pm Reply with quote
bigal
Pictures: 1

The new EHIC cards are valid for 5 years from date of issue

bigal

Back in Paralimni 18th October Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Paralimni A & E 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines