Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Anemomylos (Windmills) Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Anemomylos (Windmills) 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:34 pm Reply with quote
bigal
Pictures: 1

Our house is on the above complex on the outskirts of Paralimni. There are only 30 houses & a small apartment block. Lovely communal pool. We bought towards the end of the build & have not had any problems. As yet I've not noticed any posts from other Windmills owners. Any one out there? Question We are feeling lonely

Bigal & Ruth

Back in Paralimni 18/10
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:30 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

Hi We are in the apartment block, and are here permanently. Hope to see you in the pool soon Very Happy

Does anyone know whats going to happen to the small shelter thats on the complex, I heard that it was supposed to be a small kiosk.

Kathy and Gary
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kiosk 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:43 am Reply with quote
bigal

Hi & pleased to meet you. Were you in your apartment in June? We moved in on the 15th. We are No. 28. Third in on the left from the apartments if you are facing the pool. We letting it as a holiday home while we are still in the UK.

Originally the kiosk was going to be an outside bar but I suspect no-one wantent the cost of running it. Might be useful if the residents have get togethers.

Do you know the other Ruth in your block?

Ruth & Bigal Very Happy

Back in Paralimni 18th October
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Hi Ruth and Bigal. We moved in on the 14th June Very Happy We are facing the road on the first floor. I think I know which one is yours.

Pity about the kiosk/Bar that would have been nice. Its very quiet here at the moment, hardly anyone in the houses. The pool is getting a bit chilly lol.

Hope to meet you soon Very Happy

Kathy and Gary

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
ROSINA
Pictures: 0

Hi to all
Just wondering as we will be back also in October is it still as dusty on the fronts of the properties. The inside/poolside yards were not to bad in July but oh the fronts well it was hard work. They did the road towards the end of our last stay and George sent a couple of men around sweeping up the dust. It probably will settle more after a bit of rain which hopefuly won't be for a while. Can't wait to get back out. Planted a few little cactus (hope they stay little) before coming home at the front to see if they could survive the intense summer but they have probably pegged out.
See you soon
Caroline, Alan and Hayley Smile

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Its still dusty, but nowhere near as bad as before. Very Happy But once they start the new houses at the side, I think we'll be back to square one LOL

Very Happy Very Happy
Anemomylos 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
bigal

Big Smile 32 Days to go......Yippee

bigal & Ruth

Very Happy Very Happy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:12 pm Reply with quote
ROSINA

29 days to go and can't wait to get sweeping
Caroline and co Very Happy

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:34 pm Reply with quote
bigal

Caroline

What number is your house?

We arrive very late on 18/10 so will look out for you sweeping in the morning

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
ROSINA

Hi Ruth
We are in no. 16. The one with the fence out front (was the only one when we left). We enjoy sitting out the front except for the dust and the fence has helped plus giving a bit of privacy as it's quite a busy road as you know. It's difficult to know who's just renting and who owns the houses. We've only met approx 6 owners as yet. Looking forward to meeting you(7).
Caroline and Co Smile

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:25 pm Reply with quote
bigal

Dancing 22 days to go

Can't wait, especially now the weather in the UK is turning
Windmill 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:45 am Reply with quote
ubhit
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Hi everyone,
We are in No. 1 across the through road from the apartments and opposite the pool.
We were there in June/July will be there soon.

We were hoping to use the villa for our own use and rent it out occasionally but haven't had any luck - doesn't anyone want to come here?

I have had a bill from Delia properties - a local company for communal charge and pool cleaning. The bill amounts to 253.00 CYP. Did everyone else get a similar bill?

Regards
Tarsem & Manjeet (my wife)

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
bigal

15 DAYS TO GO Very Happy Very Happy

Welcome to Windmills Tarsem & Manjeet.

Bigal & I were moving in whilst no 1 was having the air con fitted. You must have moved in after we came back to the UK. As you can see from our previous posts we are at No.28 which is on the other side of the apartments to you. We will be back on 18/10 for 2 weeks & again over Christmas/New Year. Will you be there during those times?

All the properties have paid the same maintenance bill. Its the communal fee for the pool maintenance. Delia took over from the original company when they were unable to fulfil the contract.

We have only had a couple of lets since July. We think it was too late for 06 bookings. Expect a few more next year. We have decided to keep "commercial" lets to a minimum so we can get out as often as possible & for family & friends to use it whenever they want. We just charge them a small fee to cover the bills.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Bigal & Ruth

Back in Paralimni 18th October

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm Reply with quote
ubhit
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Bigal & Ruth
Thank you for the warm welcome. It good to know we are amongst friendly people with similar aspirations.

I am happy with the management fees but its still good to discuss I think. Maybe in the future we may have to ascertain the the service being provided is of adequate standards. By the way who is this company accountable to?
Is their a committee?
We have no fixed date to being there yet. What's the weather like in the winter months? Are the flights very expensive over the Christmas period, I wonder?
Regards
Tarsem & Manjeet

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
ROSINA

Hi Tarsem and Manjeet
A loud HELLO from all at no. 16. It could be years before everyone meets everyone but this site would make a good comunication point. We are over very soon and like others the occassional let is hoped for. Oh can't wait to get on that plane.
Caroline and Co Smile

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Hello Tarsem & Manjeet

We are your neighbours Very Happy We are the couple in the apartment over looking your house, we chatted last time you were here Very Happy

All is well here, and hope to see you again very soon.

Very Happy Very Happy

Kathy and Gary

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
ubhit
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Caroline,
Thank you for the welcome.
Isn't this a fantastic medium of communication! We can all be discussing,talking, sharing views all from the comfort of our homes. Good to talk to you. Keep in touch. We are hoping to be there soon as well - don't know when.
Regards
Tarsem

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:21 pm Reply with quote
ubhit
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Kathy and Gary,
I am so glad I am talking to you. I can't believe it! All this time I was thinking next time we are there then we will talk, but here we are... chatting away again.
As I said we are not sure when we will be there, but in the mean time an agent is looking after our property but so far we have not had anyone renting it. Thanks for keeping an eye on it - Not that you can really avoid it!

Are you enjoying your stay in that lovely apartment of yours?
Good to talk to you.
Regards
Tarsem & Manjeet

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:31 am Reply with quote
vinod

Hello to all Anemomlos Windmills residents, We have just joined the forum
and know some of you whom we met when we were there in August, I
guess it's not too difficult to remember as we were the only Asian family
there. My name is Vinod and my wife Chandrika and we own no. 30
which is at the end of the houses on the main road and close too the
block of flats in the middle. I was concerned about the water pressure
in the showers in the house and wondered if anyone else experienced
this and as George has put up a price for extra optional pump, if
there are more people with this problem then maybe we can all
complain and suggest it should be a standard fitting. Anyway nice
to meet all and hope to talk again soon. Our place is available for
rent like my friends at no.1 should you have any friends relatives who
want to visit and stay.

regards
Vinod and Chandrika Very Happy

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:16 am Reply with quote
Kathyoke

Hello Vinod and Chandrika,

We remember you!! Very Happy Nice to speak to you again Very Happy Everything is lovely here, its getting a little cooler, and the nights are closing in earlier. Lovely for BBqs Wink

Hope to see you again soon,

Kathy and Gary
Anemomylos (Windmills) 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments