Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room » ENGLAND!!!!!!!!! Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
ENGLAND!!!!!!!!! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad
Pictures: 2

Very disappointing performance throughout the competition, and it summed it up with the penalty misses. Perhaps the players need a pay rise, surely 100k a week is not enough. And as for the manager..what a joke! 5 million a year to select a team and play a system like that, I give up!
The FA should of gone for Sam Alardyce as next manager because Steve McLaren will be just the same.

Steve Croad Crying or Very sad

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:13 pm Reply with quote
greeny
Pictures: 0

Clap England played well in this game sad we didnt win Confused We never played so well in other games but we did get in the game and we never lost till now so well done England Very Happy Jane

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Good game and a battling second half Crying or Very sad

No excuses really!!

Cheers

Steve

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Have to agree with Steve Croad
No sparkling performances in any of the matches.
Think they should have given Theo Walcott a run out aswell.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
journeyman
Pictures: 36

England lost another great hero today, Farewell Fred Trueman.

Steve, first time I agrree with Man U fan.

Graham
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

Cheer's Graham. Wink

I think Ronaldo will be leaving United, possibly in a wooden box when Rooney The Looney gets hold of him! Twisted Evil

Steve Croad

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
saron

I was one of those Welsh persons that secretly hoped England progressed (don't tell the wife she is English) Rooney completely spoiled your party with his uncontrollable bad temper!! Sad

Pete

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:12 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

Just watched France beat Brazil, if that is football what have England been playing because it doesn't look anything like the French version, superb football!

Steve Croad

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

journeyman wrote:
Farewell Fred Trueman.
"I'll si thi."

Another sporting great, from the era when sportsmen did it for the glory of the game and not greed.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

What I find annoying is how the players do not play half as well for England as they do their club teams... Bekham, Lampard, Cole and Gerrard a midfield to take on anyone you would feel... Ferdinand, Terry, Cole, Neville (although Hargreaves played better at right back)... A superb defence although admitted, the defence was not the problem through the 5 games we only conceded two goals.

Is it then the managers fault, if Leeds announced they had signed Crouch I would be disapointed, what has he got that I am missing and how does a giant of a man only get to 30% of the headers to be one?? Why do we take a player that has never played in the premiership or made the Arsenal full team and then England don't play him...

We have the players on paper but for some reason they don't have the belief on the pitch...

Five games, five okay performances and I agree with Steve C, Mclaren will be just the same how long has he been a manager and wasn't Boro fighting for survival this past season? Heard today that he is going to have Venables by his side, watch out England, Barnaby, Sheringham and the skinny ex spurs right winger (can't think of his name, always injured) will be back !!

Richard
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
stevecroad

Hi Richard,

I think it starts at the top with those men in suits. I think over the past few years England have been made to play so that we do not lose games, instead of attacking teams and trying to win games.
Hand on heart I really think that we played the worst football in Germany, boring! England should be and are better than that. Blame the F.A, if me or you don't do our job right what happens? Sacked! Instead the FA pay someone 15,000 a day to get a team to play like that! I could do that for 14,000.
Brian Clough wouldn't take the job because he was told by the FA that he must have the team playing a certain way, obviously nothings changed.
When will they realise that it isn't working, let our players play football instead of been a bunch of robots who don't really understand what they're suppose to be doing.
There, I feel much better now. Wink

Steve Croad

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:02 am Reply with quote
michellemcdonald

Beckham has stood down from England Captain he said he felt the team have not performed as well as they should and feels it's the right time to go. He want's to carry on playing if picked for England but wont be Captain.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
stevecroad

Hi Michelle,

I am amazed, because I didn't know that Beckham was captain of England to start with. He didn't play like a captain or a leader, but he did look quite good!

Steve Croad

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
michellemcdonald

stevecroad wrote:
Hi Michelle,

I am amazed, because I didn't know that Beckham was captain of England to start with. He didn't play like a captain or a leader, but he did look quite good!

Steve Croad

Hi Steve,

Very Funny! well do you think he's done this before pushed or before he get's targeted by the fan's who'll say he has to go because he's done no good in this world cup? Wonder what his injury is if he has one.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:43 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

Hi Michelle,

I think the injury is quite serious, I have heard that he has a broken comb, but he is waiting on results of a scan before he puts in for a wage rise...tart!

Steve Croad

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Well for all the knocks and disappointment we got through to the last
8 playing pretty poorly Confused Well done to the fans for the support they
gave last night and throughout the tournament!!

England fans will certainly leave with a good reputation!

Cheers

Steve

Post: #17   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Kathyoke
Pictures: 3

David Beckham has announced that he's no longer the England captain. Sad And Rooneys gonna get a certain someone...... Twisted Evil

Post: #18   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Jambos98
Pictures: 1

Kathyoke wrote:
David Beckham has announced that he's no longer the England captain. Sad And Rooneys gonna get a certain someone...... Twisted Evil

I heard they were pals again actually

Post: #19   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Byker
Membership Closed
Pictures: 4

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post: #20   PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:53 pm Reply with quote
stevecroad

"No Hard Feelings Then"

Steve Croad

I suppose it beats getting pulled off at half time!

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » The Boot Room