Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » Baghdatis
Baghdatis 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:18 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Anyone watching the tennis?

Some fantastic play from the Limassol man!!

I can see him going all the way!!

Ruth

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Balconia
Pictures: 0

Hi Ruth
I've watched some of the tennis but have been far too busy with the football and bits of Big Brother.
Trouble is am i getting old or are the male tennis players not as attractive anymore?
The likes of Bjorn Borg, Roscoe Tanner, Pat cash used to set my heart a flutter but not this lot.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Carol,

You're not supposed to be watching tennis for the guy's legs!!!

You're supposed to watch it for their amazing skill!! Wink

NEW BALLS PLEASE!!!! Shocked

Ruth

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

I am rooting for him Ruth but i was torn between him and the Scots Andrew Murray when they played Smile

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Ristac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 13

I think he was there for the beating against Murray, I am afraid he never beat Murray, Murray threw it away, I cannot see him going much further so maybe I shall be eating these words come Sunday!!

Richard
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
chuckie

Just watched a wonderful match - well done Marcos. And don't the crowd love him.

Carol
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

Well done marcos and did.nt the crowd love him Smile

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet

Well done Marcos a pleasure to watch a good game of tennis.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Remember watching him in the spring when CYBC put all his matches on.Anyone know if they are putting wimbledon on?
Bob

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Hi Bob, you can get some live coverage and recordings at the BBC site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/
But you do need a good broadband feed.

I would just love for Baghdatis to play... and beat... Federer!

There's a nice interview with Marcos from a link on this page when he's asked about his place of birth - Paramytha - which means "fairytale". You can guess what comes next!

Marion

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:52 pm Reply with quote
chuckie

I've just seen an interview with Marcos and Sue Barker, what a lovely young man. Very grateful for the opportunities given to him. I think he will be a big, big star on the tennis service. And good luck against Nadal.

Carol

Post: #12   PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:15 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Thanks for that link Marion and it was a pleasure to watch such a true gentleman being interviewed.Also he shows a real passion for winning something sadly lacking of recent times in the Henmans etc.Having just seen another exit of Ingerlund in the soccer one wonders why these superstars get paid so much to underperform.Tennis changed a few years ago.I remember being "hushed" at wimbledon for daring to cheer.Maybe Marcus' crowd effect will bring some real passion and joy to the crowd.How can they do anything but love him and in true British spirit as the underdog he will be supported all the way.Lets hope the moguls of TV rights dont prevent it being shown in Cyprus if he gets to the final.
Bob

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:41 am Reply with quote
marion

Ah memories... many moons ago, I played tennis for my school. We had an annual match against Wimbledon High School on the first Saturday of the tournament. We played in the morning and then had free tickets to the centre court for the afternoon. Just imagine a group of schoolgirls carrying tennis gear around Wimbledon! It was the only away game when we didn't have to wear our uniform.

Marion

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:57 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Wow what a great way to go to Wimbledon.Nowadays it would seem tame but school trips were so exciting in a peculiar way.Know what you mean about the uniform as we had to even wear caps!
Brings back memories of my school soccerdays when we played "area" teams at league grounds on a saturday and would rush on after their match hoping to get picked up by the cameras for match of the day.White Hart lane,Portman Road and the good old Abbey Stadium at CambridgeActually done the same thing at the old Wembley where I was a ball boy in 1966.Not the actual final, we got France v Mexico, but still came out the players tunnel and wow that sound!
Bob

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
marion

It wasn't so good going by bus to catch the coach at the station to go to an away game (tennis in summer, hockey in winter). And then to find the match had been cancelled. We didn't have a phone in those days. Sad

Memories indeed... Very Happy

Marion

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Baghdatis 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat