Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning » The Eastern Cyprus Walking Group Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post: #241   PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote
SensibleBob
Pictures: 0

Thanks Jackie.Expect we will do a few local walks evenings and maybe if a few others were interested we could post details and even meet up at the chip shop in Avgoru afterwards!
I am told by Bridget I must be careful after september as I will be a LOT older....after yesterday I already feel a lot older but looking forward to the group remeeting in the autumn.
Thanks again to all involved in the organizing.
bOB
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #242   PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

Some more pics from our walk in the Troodos Mountains

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #243   PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:08 pm Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

We would like to say a big thankyou to Dot Sue & Stan, who organised the food and set up for our end of season BBQ
Hope I can say for all, that it was a very enjoyable day.
Mick even enjoyed the cooking!
Have a good break and enjoy the sun till we meet in September
Robina & Mick

Post: #244   PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Just wanted to add our thanks - very enjoyable afternoon/evening and
nice to meet you all!

Hope you have a nice rest before you hit the trails again. Cool

Cheers

Steve

Post: #245   PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:39 am Reply with quote
alanmorton99

Ditto to the above. Heather said, and I quote, "What a lovely bunch of people" and then fell asleep, exhausted.

Post: #246   PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
dottyr

Hiya to all me walkin mates, really enjoyed all the FUN we've had on the walks and bbq. so lookin forward to September. The legs still don't belong
to me yet, But! I'm gettin there,,,,,(help).
if poss Rob can I have copies of all the pics you did on cd if poss coz the ones on the website too small to see properly.
It'll be a nice keep sake for all of us.if ya can do it.
Best wishes to you all
see ya in a couple months.
xx Dot

Post: #247   PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

Hi Dot, Double click on the pics for a closer look
Robina

Post: #248   PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Dot since you asked nice I will make it my summer project and try and get all the pictures from each walk on a CD.
Including the Troodos we did 12 walks.

Look forward to starting up the walks again in September

cheers
Rob

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #249   PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 pm Reply with quote
dottyr

hey Rob, found today about double cick on the pic,,,, but would luv a copy
of all we've done.
I keep tellin people about our adventures so expect more folowers in sep!!! on sundays poss coz of work commitments,,,
best wishes to you both xx

Post: #250   PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Jinty

Quote:
hey Rob, found today about double cick on the pic,

Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sorry Dottie, forgot to tell you about that one pal!!!, Laughing Laughing

Cheers
Jinty

Erm, can't think of anything...........
eastern cyprus walking group 
Post: #251   PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:55 am Reply with quote
The Other Bob

Hi Rob, Dnnis and all,
Walk was great last Sunday in Troodos, just got my legs back to normal yestrday. Could not walk much all week, legs verys siff, painful to sit down, painful to stand up, but, all ok now.
Ccan you tell me the name of the trail we took, and the name of the valley? I did take note of it as the guide told me, but lost my notes.
I would like to look it up on the map but although i know we came out at Kakopetria I am not sure where we started. Thanks.

Bob J
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #252   PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Hi Bob
Glad your legs have recovered, you did well to get all the way round.
The walk started just a little way from Troodos Square and the streams that we crossed run into the Karyotis river which flows northwards to Morphou bay .
I was given the grid references from Sue as 48940 E and 46657 N but you will need an ordanance survey map to find that on, and the area is in the Kannoures district

Cheers
Rob
eastern cyprus walking group 
Post: #253   PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
The Other Bob

Thanks Rob, that information may end up in a local free magazine, cheers.
Yeah!, I managed it, but i am not sure if i could do that again. 7 km is ok on more or less level ground, but that uneven ground just about beat me.
Thanks for the info, I was trying to remember the name of the trail! I did take a note of it , but someone took a page out of my notebook for another reason, and my info was on the other side, so I lost it.
Thanks, and best wishes to you both.
Bob J
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #254   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am Reply with quote
alanmorton99

Not really about walking, BUT, I've just been to Israel for a short visit and guess who was also on this trip ............................ none other than Robina & Mick, plus her sister & BIL. Proves what a small world we all live in!!!! Anyway, overall it was a very good couple of days, well worth going.

Post: #255   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:40 am Reply with quote
Jac

Glad you had a good time Alan, we will probably give that trip a go as well. We did the Egypt one several years ago but weren't impressed. Hopefully the Israel one is better.

Jackie

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #256   PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote
dottyr

Jintyyyyyyyyy gr8 to hear from you... come on one of the walks in sept,,,
there very good,think we may start with easy one first XXX

Post: #257   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
SensibleBob

Saw Bob (Jenkins) at Thekla market the other day and he mentioned an AGM.When and where is this?
Bob

Post: #258   PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

Hi Bob,
The meetings at The Ozone Bar Ayia Triada on the 20th August at 8pm
I'm sure a mention will be on the forum nearer the time
HTH Robina

Post: #259   PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 am Reply with quote
dennisr

Hi Folks.

There appears to be a bit of confusion here.Sensible Bob, and Bob Jenkins I will send you an e mail to clarify things.

It will not be an AGM.

Speak soon.

Dennis Surprised

Post: #260   PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

Sounds really good some of these walks, we would love to join but OH works and we would like to both do it so apart from half day wednesdays and saturday and of course sundays we are a bit stuck.

If with some of the gentler rambles for those of us unfit as hell, and wishing to catch up with you fit folks a bit could the maps be posted on your website or here so we can walk them for now or when it cools down a bit. I was in Pano Platres yesterday for lunch I was astonished at my lack of fitness trying to walk back up the hill to the carpark so enough is enough, we thought we would join you at least as much as we can and do some on our own when OH is not working.

I have road racing biker friends coming to stay from UK in the October half term they are super fit and would love to join with at least one walk while here for ten days. It does,nt make sense does it me unfit, having friends so fit as these two are, mind you I do think they do it so they can drink copious amounts of red wine afterwards, and it not affect them one bit Shocked Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
The Eastern Cyprus Walking Group 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning