Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning » The Eastern Cyprus Walking Group Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
The Eastern Cyprus Walking Group 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
dennisr
Pictures: 0

Hello Everybody,

During the walk last Tuesday we all agreed that we should now give the walking group a name.The persons present agreed that we should keep the name simple,ie The Eastern Cyprus Walking Group.

We are still looking for loads of new people to join us. Last Tuesday was a great success, and we hope to build on that.

The more people who join the group the merrier.Once we have got a certain minimum number of people who want to join the group we can then start to organise ourselves properly.

Email me please if you are interested in joining the newly formed

Eastern Cyprus Walking Group

Thank You

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Jac

Hi Dennis

I have a friend who will be joining me for the next walk on the 9th March. How many people do you think will be going?

Jac

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hello Jackie.

I have not got an exact number as it is still early days.
However, if the people who were at the first walk last Tuesday turn up on the 9th March, and going by some of the e mails I have been receiving
I would not be surprised if around 30 people turn up.

I could be wrong but the above number is what I am aiming for, if more than this number turn up that would be great.

It will be interestig to see what happens, I am looking forward to it. I am still considering the area for the walk, the distance, and terrain etc etc.Because we are not yet properly extablished there are a number of factors I have to consider.
I dont want to put people of by the walk being to long, or the terrain to difficult. At the same time some people may want to have more of a challenge, and make an all day walk.

If we really get on our feet as a group perhaps we could have different days for different categories of walk.

Im rambling on here, speak later.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Dennis,

This sounds like it could be a very well attended group. Just a suggestion... could you arrange your route so that some members could choose to leave at a half way point or join halfway? You could then continue on with those that want to go the full distance? That would save having to have different days for different folks.

Ruth

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hi Ruth,

Yep we have this very much in mind.

For eg on Tuesday past the walkers left Protaras and walked to the Ayia Trias. A car was parked in the car park at the marina for anybody who wanted to jump into it and drive back to the starting point.

As I am figuring out various routes, I have what you have suggested very much in mind.

It would be good if you can join us on our next walk on the 9th.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

I'm only in Cyprus for my hols, Easter and August. Would like to join you if you are organising a walk while I'm there. I'll look out for your posts.

Ruth

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hi Ruth,

If you give me
plenty of notice of when you are coming here, I will try and arrange things in consultation with other members
so that you will not miss out on a walk.
I am receiving quite a few e mails from people in the same situation as yourself. Cool

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:10 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hello Fellow Walkers,
Details of our next walk is as follows;

Meet at Steens at 10.30am 9th March for briefing.

Then head off in cars to the harbour at Ayia Napa and walk along the board walk to Nissi Beach. This will take about 45 minutes at normal walking pace. Then head up to the top road, perhaps stop at a Taverna called the ODYSSOS for a drink or somethig.
I believe tea/coffee, apple pie and ice cream is three something euro.

Then return to the cars along the road. The entire walk is about 1hr 30 mins.

It is an easy walk, very beautiful coastline, sea on your left and some nice
gardens on the right.

Rob, I hope I have got this right.

If for some reason you do not wish to met at Steens, beacuse maybe you live in the Ayia Napa area thats ok we,ll meet you at the harbour sometime between 11 and 11.30am.

For those who are coming on this walk can you let me know please
1, You are coming
2, Where you will meet me.
The attraction of meeting at an establishment beforehand gives us the opportunity for a bit of craic, and a chit chat before heading off.

One more thing. Would anybody be interested in having a walk on Sunday 14th. Leaving Steens walkng to Greenbay along the top Road, and returning via Greenbay along the coastline to Protaras and into Steens
for Sunday dinner.
If you just wish to come along for the walk and not the dinner thats ok. Im just putting the feelers out here to see who would be interested. Rolling Eyes

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Dennis

What time does the walk leave Steens on sunday14th

cheers
Rob
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
walk on the 14th 
Post: #10   PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:25 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hi Rob,

Dont really know. I suppose it will depend on the number of people that will show an interest.

What I will do on Tuesday during the briefing is ask 1st if anybody is interested. See what sort of response I get.

I am open to suggestions re the time, hint hint.

Just while i am on here, I would like to again say to anyone reading these post that if they wish to come along for a walk, to meet need new friendly people bla bla bla to please come. Give it a try,

Anybody interested can email me to let me know or just turn up

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote
TITCH

Hi Dennis,
Karen and I will be there on Tuesday.

Phil Cool
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
GOOD NEWS 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

GOOD GOOD GOOD

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Jac

Another enjoyable ramble today. 28 of us and the dog walked from Agia Napa harbour to Nissi Beach which was done at a leisurely pace and took about 1 hour 15 minutes. We stopped at The Odyssos Bar for refreshments, then walked back along Nissi Avenue which took about 50 minutes. Thank you to Billy at Steens who provided us with tea and coffee when we met at at 10.30 for the off. Our next walk will be on the 23rd March and Dennis will be along to give you the details of that one. Some photos taken today, also there will be an article in The Cyprus Weekly about the group but don't know when. Jackie

Well those photos didn't work. Damn it, I'll try again.

Last edited by Jac on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote
JGM
Pictures: 1

Hi Dennis
thanks for a pleasant ramble today,look forward to sundays event.

Jeanette Laughing Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:50 pm Reply with quote
cyprus2sum

Very enjoyable walk.
Good meeting up with others and having a good old chin wag.
Hope to carry on the converations Sunday!

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hello Jeanette,

I am not sure if i got saying bye bye to you at the end of the walk.

In any case, what did you think of the turn out?. There were 27 walkers, and I think everybody enjoyed themselvs.

I am not sure how many are turning up on Sunday, I think at least 15 have said they are coming.

If there is anybody else who wants to come please do so.

This time we are leaving Steens,and walking along to Greenbay via the beach.and returning along the top road.

I have to advise everybody that whilst it is not a difficult walk, we must wear proper shoes. Eg training shoes, not high heels, or flip flaps or sandels. The walk is very nice.

You heard me this morning saying that what I think the group needs is a number of people who are enthusiastic about the progress of the group to help plan a strategy, formulate objectives, etc etc.

So if you, or anybody else would like to get involved in this please let me know.
Rob, Bob, Jackie, Karen, and Anne have all said they would be interested in this.
Speak soon. Dennis.

PS It was nice that 4 of the party this morning were holiday makers, and that they had got word about the walk.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Jac

OK I think I've got the hang of posting these photos. I was trying download too many, so here are the other 4.
By the way for those of you that are joining us for this Sundays walk, if you are staying for Sunday lunch at Steens afterwards could you let Dennis know because as it's Mothers Day he will need to give the numbers to Billy.

Thanks Jackie

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:55 pm Reply with quote
JGM
Pictures: 1

Hi Dennis didnt say goodbye formally, but as I drove off its probably was my fault.If I have any criticism it would be to shorten the time spent dining,whist I appreciate we do need a stop I felt the break to long.On the positive side as most attending said it was nice to meet new faces.As for formulating aims and objectives of the group if you get stuck I would be willing to contribute my 10cents worth should this be required.

Again thanks for everyones hard work to get this venture off the ground.

Jeanette Smile

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
larnacawoman

Just wanted to say that what a great initiative this is and congratulations on the big interest from people!

Sounds like fun and I would definitely like to join in if I were in Agia Napa Smile
larnaca woman 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
dennisr

Hi Larnaca Woman,

Larnaca is not a 100 miles away. join us on Sunday at 10.30am.

I think it will be worth the drive. Very Happy

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Hobbies, Clubs & Learning