Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » private medical insurance
private medical insurance 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:45 pm Reply with quote
spring
Pictures: 0

HELP! Since I do not qualify for the E121 health form needed in application for cypriot 5 year residence permit, the alternative is to take out private medical insurance. can anyone please advise names of suitable companies offering decent medical insurance plse? I know of Atlantic. anyone else plse?
many thanks
Raphaella
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Hi Raphaella,

You could try Universal Life. I have a policy with them, I believe it is underwitten bu AXA. I have never claimed on my policy, so I do not know what they are like in that respect.
The policy and correspondence is in English (unlike my previous one with my Laiki Bank).
You might wish to have a look at Universal Life's website or you could telephone Antonis on 99870778

Hope this helps.

Mils
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
private medical insurance-paying up 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:06 am Reply with quote
rapho

Hallo
I took out private medical insurance with Universal Life and on this basis obtained temp residence permit (visitor status.
Since then, have acquired Cy medical card and EHIC card.
So (1) do I still need the private insurance? and (20 how long do they take to settle a claim? I ask because I saw 2 docs briefly & submitted their bill with claim form ove 1 month ago, and not a peep from them. they do not rely to ltrs/emails. The broker in Oroklini is evasive. So how many years do they take to setle if ever?!
Begining to wonder if not better to simly cancel the policy. wd they refund in part?
many thanks..
raph

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines