Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat » members got talent Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
members got talent 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
badger
Pictures: 25

After some friendly advice and a nudge in the right direction i am going to try and get this ball rolling. As a means of beating the boredom of being at home with long term medical problems my wife, shirley has started doing something she used to do at school, no not that , i mean painting. Art has taken over from knitting, mainly because the sheep couldn,t produce enough wool to keep up with her habit. She has amazed me with the work she is producing, but she keeps saying they are not good enough to display,so i am going to embarrass her by going public.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

This is just a sample of what shirley is churning out.

I hope one or two of you like them and more importantly, we both hope it stirs the great forum family into showing its hidden talents.
Looking forward to seing a large response,whether it be painting, drawing, photography or any other hidden talent.
Wishing everyone a happy christmas and a happy and healthy new year.
Phil &Shirley
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
MCM Carrington
Membership Closed
Pictures: 0

Very well done! Clap
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
whitla42

They are really lovely far too good to hide away you should be proud. Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Phil/Shirley,

As you know I think they are brilliant and Shirley is very talented!

Also as the post above mentions they shouldn't be hidden away and am
glad that you posted them.

Very well done Shirley and thanks for posting them Phil! Applause Applause

Cheers

Steve
Artiste 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 pm Reply with quote
cansweet
Pictures: 1

Hi Phil and Shirley,
the images coming through look very promising. The paintings i cannot comment on, as we really cannot see them physically. I would advise you strongly to visit some business people in your area who have premises that are open to the public, eg, good restaurants, offices, doctors surgeries, etc. Ask them would they mind if you hung some of them on their walls, and depending on the reaction, this could prove to be rewarding to all of you. In any event its good for your wife to show what she can do, and wouldn't it be lovely if people feel the same as you do. It's also a wonderful gift to have, and i really hope she lets people see her talent. Good luck, and keep us up to date.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:29 am Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

cansweet - if you click on the images they will enlarge for you to see them better.

Phil/Shirley,

WOW!!!! I am gob-smacked - when I first opened this thread I thought the paintings were photographs of animals...in particular the Elephant (but I do have a soft spot for them!) Shirley is not only very very talented but also insane Laughing to think for a minute they are not good enough to display.

I agree with cansweet you should display them publicly....they deserve it!!!
Thank you for sharing them with us!!!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote
jenjoan

Thank you Mrs Bouvier for that information - I am a complete idot where computers are concerned and I was able to enjoy those superb pictures full size.

Phil/Shirley,

Thank you so much for sharing these fantastic pictures with us. You both must be very proud. Such talent should be seen by as many people as possible. I loved them all!

Joan
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 am Reply with quote
chuckie

Thanks for sharing these with us. They're beautiful.

When my husband retired he took a painting course and I think he's also very good. His teacher told him that if he slowed down he would be so much better. But you can't tell 'em can you?

Carol

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote
Jan
Pictures: 5

They are fantastic and you are very talented indeed.

Are there any good Craft Fairs that you could take a stand at the show them and perhaps sell one or two. I am sure that you could take the odd commission for doing portraits of well loved pets. Could make you a nice little profit and keep you occupied doing what you love as well.

I have seen artists at Equestrian shows and the like selling their paintings of horses and taking orders for the odd one or two as well.

Good luck and thanks for showing us your wonderful work.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

Phil, yur wife is so undermining herself!! These pictures are brilliant and I would be proud to have some of her work hung on my walls.
Keep going Shirley........Maggie Larnaca

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Wulfrunia

Shirley,
they are lovely and I so admire your talent. You obviously enjoy doing them and it's only fair to show them so everyone can enjoy looking at them
Judith Clap

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Phil & Maria

wow, those are really good! I only wish I could paint/draw like that....

P

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
badger

Thanks very much for all the positive comments, shirley and i both appreciate them. I,ve got a few more piccies if anyone wants to see them but i,ll save them for now and give others a chance to show us there, until now hidden gifts.Don,t be shy, it,s evident that something you might not think good enough will be enjoyed by others, ask shirley she is now quietly CHUFFED TO BITS. Very Happy Very Happy

Phil & Shirley

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

Amazing paintings, so life like, what a talent , you have got.
I remember many years ago, buying a painting from a local man, who took it up after retiring.

All the years he grafted in the pits, never knowing he the talent to become an artist. His paintings were poplular with the local folks as it was mostly local scenery.

He was happy to cover his expenses and a bit extra for a wee dram. Smile

He also used to get some of his paintings hung in local pubs thats where I first discovered his work.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote
G&P
Pictures: 5

Shirley, these paintings are fantastic, you are a very talented lady. What a brill idea Phil to post them here, so that the general public can have a peek at these wonderul pictures. I too always wished I could sketch, paint and draw. I had a go a few years ago, and found I just haven't got it.....talent is a gift and you should be very proud. We are amazed you didn't think them good enough.

Hope you take up the suggestions of displaying them, they need to be where others can enjoy them.

Best wishes to you both Pauline and Graham

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote
larnacawoman

Wow, what amazing paintings! Now if that is not talent, then I donīt know what is! Smile Truly amazing, thank you for showing them to us. I really wish I had any talents like that but if I do they are very well hidden even from myself Smile

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Christo

I know many people who have a talent, but the problem is they are the last to see it....modesty perhaps?

Well done Shirley, you are indeed talented....believe it!!

Chris

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
badger

Once again thanks for the great comments, but part of the reason i started this topic was to see what other members were doing for fun, pleasure or just to fill the long dark winter evenings. Surely shirley isn,t the only person on the forum with a hobby. If one more places some images, i,m sure others will follow, so who,s going to be first. Here,s a couple more to get you started.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
MrsBouvier
Pictures: 28

Shirley your talent should not be hidden any more - you have been given a real gift.

Phil....OK, OK, you're so pushy, I'll come clean I am also a secret artist...attached one of my better pieces...I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my family do...it brings a smile to their faces anyway!!!

Shirely - please keep up your good work..as I said very few people are given such an amazing gift...I hope to see some pieces hanging locally soon! Is it purely wildlife you enjoy recreating or do you have any other areas that please you?

Re: members got talent 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
mouse
Pictures: 1

badger wrote:
After some friendly advice and a nudge in the right direction i am going to try and get this ball rolling. As a means of beating the boredom of being at home with long term medical problems my wife, shirley has started doing something she used to do at school, no not that , i mean painting. Art has taken over from knitting, mainly because the sheep couldn,t produce enough wool to keep up with her habit. She has amazed me with the work she is producing, but she keeps saying they are not good enough to display,so i am going to embarrass her by going public.

This is just a sample of what shirley is churning out.

I hope one or two of you like them and more importantly, we both hope it stirs the great forum family into showing its hidden talents.
Looking forward to seing a large response,whether it be painting, drawing, photography or any other hidden talent.
Wishing everyone a happy christmas and a happy and healthy new year.
Phil &Shirley

Very Good!!! But the top one looks like my wife, how did you get her to sit still long enough. Laughing

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Coffee Shop Chat