Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Debbie and Jeffs moving diary
Debbie and Jeffs moving diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
deb49
Pictures: 0

We put our house up for sale on 1st June, had 4 viewers on first day, 3 offers on the first day. We accepted an offer from a lovely gay couple who loved the garden. We complete on 21st august....it's all happening too fast!! We have been packing like mad for the last couple of weeks, we were supposed to complete last friday, but I was taken into hospital last tuesday so we postponed for a week. I am to have my gallbladder removed in about 6 weeks, fab timing or what? I've rung the hospital today and asked if I can be booked in in october for my op, so that we can move over and I'll come back to the uk for the surgery. To make things even more stressfull, our son is buying his first house (we're chucking him out of his home so have to lend him the deposit) and his vendors have been a nightmare. It is a probate sale and 2 siblings have inherited the house and have obviously fallen out and don't speak, one of them can be contacted by the estate agents directly, but the other one has to be contacted through a solicitor which makes everything take ages. Anyway not only do we have our own packing to do, our son works away in Plymouth monday to friday (we live in manchester) so I have had to all his packing, he's having virtually everything from our house so it's total bedlam. The shipping company is coming to collect our stuff on thursay and hopefully if our sons house has gone through we will be moving everything else into his new house if not we will have to store everything in my sisters garage and celler. I went out for lunch with my best friend today, she gave me new home card and brought out some photos of my children when they were 9, 7 and 5 years old..she's their godmother and I just burst into tears in the midle of the restaurant! Tears are never far away at the moment. We have lived in this house for 22 years and have brought our family up here so it's sad to leave it. I think that I would be upset at leaving it even if we were just moving a couple of miles never mind a few thousand! I'm getting cold feet now, I think its to be expected though, this move has been planned for the last 3 years and now its finally here, theres no going back.

Arrow Arrow
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
deb49

We are currently living in our sons new house, but unfortunately we don't yet have broadband. I've just been applying for photo driving licences on line.(had to go to my sisters to use her internet) did my husbands application, got part way through doing mine, when the internet went off! Tried again only to get half way through again and note came up saying they couldn't process my application and to phone the help desk. I duly did so, to be told i would be timed out for half an hour! I asked if I could apply on the phone and was told no! I'm now waiting for the time out to finish so I can try yet again. Sometimes I hate the internet!!!!
Jeff (my husband ) has given his notice in at work, very scary being unemployed by choice. I go in for my op next thursday and hopefully will be out the next day. If everything goes to plan we will fly out a week later.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
3 More Days 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Just adding this....

deb49 wrote:
I was rushed into hospital almost two weeks ago we acute pancteatitis and gallstone flare. Not nice!!! Wasn't well enough for my operation for several days and had to wait for an MRCP scan before they could operate. Finally had surgery last tuesday and came out of hospital on friday. We are now booked to fly out this wednesday. Can't actually believe we're really going to moving to Cyprus. Don't want to go now either!!! I'm feeling really anxious and worried that I won't settle and wont be able to afford to come home. We don't have access to the internet at the moment, I have to go to my sisters house to use her internet so I can't use the forum as much as I'd like.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Debbie and Jeffs moving diary 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries