Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Domus Island Ltd Goto page 1, 2  Next
Domus Island Ltd 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:36 am Reply with quote
shauncoon
Pictures: 0

Hi to all,

I am wondering if there is anyone on this forum that has bought a flat through Domus Island Ltd.

If you have - please get in touch as it would help chatting to other investors who are in the same position as myself.

thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
vulcanbomber

Hello Shaun

We have also purchaes through Domus Island. Our property is on Derynia Lake. I'd be very interested to know what position you are at and talk to you about it.

Regards

Andrew Chettleburgh
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote
tnc

Have also bought in Derynia lake view. Was over there recently and it now looks as if about one-third of the apartments have some activity (air con units etc) but no sign of anyone living there.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
victord

Hi Shaun, I'm a broker in South Africa. A number of investors have purchased into the Olympia Spar Resort in Larnaca and have paid there deposit over to Domus Islands. Some of them as long ago as November 2008. Domus tells us that the delay is with the bank. Do banks in Cyprus take so long to process bonds or is this just delaying tactics on be half of the developer?

Regards Victord
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Paniyota25

My dad is one of the directors of Domus and I can assure you it is a problem with the bank and not with Domus themselves. Cyprus Banks are at risk with the ongoing debt situation in Greece which is making them reluctant to release any money etc......

My father and his colleagues are working tirelessly to make sure people like yourselves do not lose out on your investments so please refrain from pointing the finger of suspicion at him.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:13 pm Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

Hello Panayoita25

Could you tell me exactly where the Olympia Spa resort in Larnaca is going to be

Cheers~~~~ Bill

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:11 pm Reply with quote
bill

I'll repeat my question Panayoita.

Where is this development going to be exactly.

Bill

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Paniyota25

Watch the way you speak to me please, even on a forum you should remember your manners.

Any questions you have should be directed at my dad George on (+357) 24 747 777

If you look at my profile you can see that I live in London, not Cyprus and have little to do with my Dads company. I just stumbled across you bad mouthing him and felt I had to defend him.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
bill

Paniyota25 wrote:
Watch the way you speak to me please, even on a forum you should remember your manners.

Any questions you have should be directed at my dad George on (+357) 24 747 777

If you look at my profile you can see that I live in London, not Cyprus and have little to do with my Dads company. I just stumbled across you bad mouthing him and felt I had to defend him.

Well thanks for the very quick reply ( 4 mins )~ not exactly sure what you are talking about re the bad mouthing your Father.

All I've done is ask where exactly this development is in the Larnaca ~ if that's having a go at your father then you have a severe attitude problem young Lady ~ or there are more problems with this development that you are letting on to.

I will certainly watch how I speak to you because I won't be posting on this subject again, if you obvously can't assist in giving me a straight answer without taking offence where no offence was actually mean't then there's no point .

For all you know I might have been interested in buying on this development ~ I think you have killed off that idea now .

From your post defending your fathers company you gave the impression that you were fully up to date with this development ~ that's why I asked where the development is going to be located ~ it's not really a difficult question .

QUOTE ~
My dad is one of the directors of Domus and I can assure you it is a problem with the bank and not with Domus themselves. Cyprus Banks are at risk with the ongoing debt situation in Greece which is making them reluctant to release any money etc......

My father and his colleagues are working tirelessly to make sure people like yourselves do not lose out on your investments so please refrain from pointing the finger of suspicion at him.

This was your reply to a previous post from someone who is rather concerned about his investment and you answered it in a perfect Cypriot developers way and you DID give the impression that you were up to speed regarding progress on this development and I hoped would know where it will be located ~ obviously my mistake .

I hope your father is a better tempered person than you are .

Please make sure of your facts before having a go at someone .

Asking where a development will be /is located isn't bad mouthing ( your words) your father ~ well I didn't think it was untill today .

Will I get a apology from you ~ hmm I doubt it ~ will I buy on this development ~ definately not now

Bill

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Paniyota25

Deary me! What on earth is the matter with you!

First of all, I am 20 years old and not exactly business minded so why would my dad include me in his business.

Second of all everyone in Cyprus, and indeed in Europe, is well aware of the debt problems Greece are having and most people are also aware of the fact that Cyprus banks are reluctant to hand out money because they are worried about their stability.

Third of all my father is a self built, hard working, honest Cypriot man who is working incredibly hard to keep his business working in the best possible way for his clients and most of them are incredibly understanding that in times of recession it is not always easy to be investing in property and are accepting of the delays.

Fourthly I do not need to give you an apology at all so stop being ridiculous. If you want to know about Domus and their projects then I suggest you do what normal, intelligent people do and contact the company direct and request information such as brochures, not hang around on a forum waiting for people to find out the information for you.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:38 pm Reply with quote
pav
Pictures: 17

Cool

Last edited by pav on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Richard.G

Paniyota25 wrote:
Deary me! What on earth is the matter with you!

First of all, I am 20 years old and not exactly business minded so why would my dad include me in his business.

Second of all everyone in Cyprus, and indeed in Europe, is well aware of the debt problems Greece are having and most people are also aware of the fact that Cyprus banks are reluctant to hand out money because they are worried about their stability.

Third of all my father is a self built, hard working, honest Cypriot man who is working incredibly hard to keep his business working in the best possible way for his clients and most of them are incredibly understanding that in times of recession it is not always easy to be investing in property and are accepting of the delays.

Fourthly I do not need to give you an apology at all so stop being ridiculous. If you want to know about Domus and their projects then I suggest you do what normal, intelligent people do and contact the company direct and request information such as brochures, not hang around on a forum waiting for people to find out the information for you.

One would have to wonder why your father himself is not communicating with those who have purchased and handed over their money? Maybe his lack of communications leads people to feel suspicious of their investments and to start asking questions on forums such as this. If he is working his business in such a way as to keep his clients happy why don't they know what's going on? I think I might be feeling anxious if I'd handed money over some 16 months ago and felt I was getting the runaround as Victord obviously does.

Let's face it, you have joined the forum purely to post on this thread as you say, to assure people of your father's good intentions. You're hardly going to speak badly of him in any event are you so it's not going to reassure anyone who is worried. How on earth did you manage to 'stumble' across these concerned investors anyway? By jumping to his defence insisting there is nothing to defend actually arouses more suspicions, in my humble opinion and your response to a really innocuous question really exacerbates the issue.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
bill

Richard.G wrote:

your response to a really innocuous question really exacerbates the issue.

Thank you Richard.G

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:28 pm Reply with quote
zola

Hi all
I am one of the directors of Domus and would like the opportunity to address some points raised here.

Firstly it is a big surprise to find out that my daughter is a member of this forum! However I am not surprised to find that she is being 'over protective' with 'Dad' I expect most daughters would be like this so please members do not take offence as none was intended, my daughter has nothing at all to do with the business so she will not be able to provide any answers as she has stated.

Bill, the project will be in Arnica on the airport road near the Courts. We have not yet started construction so one will only find the plot of land there currently. We maintain that the project will be unique; it will be a resort providing many facilities endorsed by a major brand from the leisure industry. As stated above please do not take offence by my daughters post.

Secondly, in response to Richard G and Victord. I send out regular communication letters to our main agent/brokerage in South Africa who in turn sends them to all the sub-brokers. The last one was sent last week and the previous one last month. Previous to these they were sent out periodically for the whole of last year. If you (Victord) did not receive them then you should contact the main agent in South Africa as to why that is the case but I'm reassured by them that is not the case. They are adamant that they send our communication letters to ALL the brokers who in turn should contact and update the clients.

Richard .G "One would have to wonder why your father himself is not communicating with those who have purchased and handed over their money? Maybe his lack of communications leads people to feel suspicious of their investments and to start asking questions on forums such as this." I am confused as to why you would assume that I am not communicating with our clients? It is not only wrong of you to make assumptions but unethical of you to make innuendos, I don't appreciate it so please refrain from doing so. It takes a very long time to earn a reputation and minutes to destroy it, one way is via forums with people jumping to conclusions. There are several reasons for the delay all of them out of our companyís control. These have been answered in detail time and again in our communication letters and direct replies to clients.

We have an office in Larnaca on the contact number provided by my daughters post. If any clients/brokers have any concerns then please contact the office.

Many thanks

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Richard.G

You've come a long way Zola. In 2005 you were warning people about finding a good developer and saying they were 'ten a penny' and promoting yourself as a good estate agent and now here you are as a director of a development company.

zola wrote:
Hi Leer

Please, by all means drop by the office when you are next over and I will only be too pleased to help you. As already been mentioned it's very important that you deal with registered estate agents and good developers. The advantages of a registered/good estate agent? Sorting out the problems when the 'poo' hits the fan, as it sometimes does with developers, solicitors and....other agents....not just simply selling property and taking your money as most can do that and they are 'ten to a penny' here.
Who are the good developers? A good estate agent will tell you that! Wink

It goes without saying that I always try my best for anyone who walks into our office, but if possible even more so if they are a member from this board...why? because the reason for the boards conception was.....to help one another in buying/moving to Cyprus.

I like to say thank you to those who made the positive comments because it makes my job worthwhile.

Many thanks

Zola.

I do think you should be thinking about updating your website though, I'm sure you wouldn't want potential investors to be getting the wrong impression.

.........Cyprus is currently enjoying double digit capital growth. We have looked at certain regions and types of property on the Island which are more likely to provide higher returns for investors.

http://domusisland.com/en/index.php

I'd hoped to see some details of your projects on the site.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote
AndreasR

victord wrote:
Hi Shaun, I'm a broker in South Africa. A number of investors have purchased into the Olympia Spar Resort in Larnaca and have paid there deposit over to Domus Islands. Some of them as long ago as November 2008. Domus tells us that the delay is with the bank. Do banks in Cyprus take so long to process bonds or is this just delaying tactics on be half of the developer?

Regards Victord

Hi Victor ,

Pse get in touch with me regarding the above .I am also from SA and have also invested with Domus .Pse contact me at .

Regards

Andreas

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Markus

So what was the upshot of this? Were the developments built?

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Netty4

Hi there

I bought through Domus Island on Alethriko Village 1 near Larnaca. Am taking legal action against the builder and solicitor who acted for me. I think they are all in cahoots. One member of staff from Domus is now working for the builder and the solicitor has also moved to the same office as them. Let me know your problems and I may be able to help.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Netty4

If anyone from Domus would like to tell me why Quality Developments would not pay me my compensation as agreed in the sales contract without having to sign a declaration absolving them of all their obligations under the contract I would be interested to know. Quality breached the contract by not paying my compensation monthly then when I was understanding and agreed to wait until completion 13 months later they started messing me about. Also I was given various figures in numerous e-mails which did not add up and they then tried to deduct a managment fee of which there was no mention in the contract.

Thank you.
Quality Development and Domus Island 
Post: #20   PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
jane evans

Hi, I am based in SA and also paid deposits to Domus Island in 2008 for the Olympia Spa - I had a recent meeting in Cyprus with Andreas Santis from Quality Development who told me that Marfin Laiki Bank are no longer giving mortgages to non Cypriot residents for any off plan developments. I emailed all directors at Domus on Friday 2 Sept requesting my refund back but have heard nothing from any of them.

Quality Developments have been trying to phone them for me for the last two weeks and nobody is answering - where are they?
Domus Island Ltd 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments