Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Best places for meze in and around Larnaca
Best places for meze in and around Larnaca 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks
Pictures: 0

Just copied this from the Paralimni board. I must say I've been largely disappointed with those I've had in Larnaca.
Anyone know of a place worth visiting/ supporting ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

You know what, in 20 years of visiting Larnaca town I've never had a meze there.

Voreas/Boreas in (V)Oroklini do a very palatable meze.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:09 am Reply with quote
Chris Mooney

I have 2 for you...
Grada in Oroklini does a massive meze more food than you can eat, but Vlachos on the Dhekelia Rd near Forest Beach is fantastic for meze and all other types of cypriot food too. Been there at least 20 times and never had a bad meal there. Gets very busy some times but Chris, the owner is very accommodating.
good chomping

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Chris Mooney wrote:
I have 2 for you...
Grada in Oroklini does a massive meze more food than you can eat, but Vlachos on the Dhekelia Rd near Forest Beach is fantastic for meze and all other types of cypriot food too. Been there at least 20 times and never had a bad meal there. Gets very busy some times but Chris, the owner is very accommodating.
good chomping

Thanks Chris, that's the second recommendation I've received for Vlachos.
Will give it a try.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Best meze in Larnaca 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Judy Brett

We always go to a restaurant around the corner from the Art 1900 restaurant, the meze is always different and its packed on fridays and saturdays. Its run by a romanian lady with her greek husband who are very friendly.

Judy[/img]

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Christo

Andrew,
a third recomendation for "Vlachos". He does the best Mousakka I have ever tasted, and I always struggle to finish it.

Chris

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

Thanks. I've got a friend who is a chef and he does a stunning moussaka too. I will be able to compare but I expect they're both great in their own way. My friend Christos serves his with a green salad, with lemon juice and oregano.

I'm dribbling now lol !

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote
leoni

yes can also recomend vlachos, have been going there for over 6 years now. you just get soooooooooooooooooooooooo much food! and i 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the moussaka.

Leoni

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:34 pm Reply with quote
dandm

ive been to vlachos and its okay, but best meze in larnaka is Pylion Restaurant round back of Skylight Bar, opposite hotels- always quite except on Sundays when few local cypriots there for the fish meze but the cypriot owners/chefs there ate lovely and the food is fresh and great- best ive had living there 4 years and going there for 13 years.
Only place i would use now as standards elsewhere have declined.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Best places for meze in and around Larnaca 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area