Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » FISH & CHIPS - CESSAC, DHEKELIA BASE Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post: #21   PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1
Pictures: 0

I noticed that there is a Lambros take away fish and chips on the Ag Nick base just before the border crossing. While they have not got the location do they have comparable fish and chips? My fingers are crossed.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Paul,

They are comparable, it is the same company.

Post: #23   PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
linda&bill

Santorini Paul 1 wrote:
I noticed that there is a Lambros take away fish and chips on the Ag Nick base just before the border crossing. While they have not got the location do they have comparable fish and chips? My fingers are crossed.

Can't comment on the quality, was always closed when we ventured up that way. Crying or Very sad But we were told that it was run by Lambros's wife.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm Reply with quote
rockjock

Just had Fish and Chips at CESSAC. Sorry but can't see what all the fuss is about. Pretty average at best and drenched in oil. Won't be going back.

RJ

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
murf62

Did you actually go to CESSAC, or Lambros because CESSAC is not so good. Lambros is the one next door with the canvas sided bit opposite. They do good fish & chips & I've never heard anything bad about them.

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

RJ,

Strangely we had Fish & Chips from there today for the first time - personally
thought they were good - plenty of chips and a big fish.

Just goes to show how tastes differ though - didn't find them overly greasy tbh and would go again.

I know they were really busy - maybe that affected things??

Cheers

Steve

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Road Warrior
Pictures: 5

We ate there today too, Food was excellent as always, Steve, were you the dodgy looking guy at the next table..................................with the lovely family......................................

I know, I know..................................

Very Happy

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Steve - SJD wrote:

I know they were really busy - maybe that affected things??

They are ALWAYS busy.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote
rockjock

Lambros with the temp canvas building across from it. I guess tastes and expectations differ. Now suffering with terrrible indigestion, which I never do unless things are fried in cheap oil.

RJ

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote
murf62

Maybe they recognised you were a jock and doused everything in more oil. You didn't ask for a battered mars bar or a deep fried pizza did you? Smile

Post: #31   PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Road Warrior wrote:
Steve, were you the dodgy looking guy at the next table.........

How very dare you - I never sat inside Wink Laughing

Cheers

Steve

Post: #32   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
rockjock

No Murph I don't eat Mars Bars. Only coming from a fishing family I prefer Haddock and not the inferior Cod which seems to prevail nowadays.
Anyway assuming your name gives a clue to your nationality then your comment about Mars seems to pale somewhat when one considers that a certain nation forgot where they planted the spuds two years in a row. And then blamed a famine

RJ

Post: #33   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:36 am Reply with quote
murf62

If you looked at my name correctly, you would see that it is in fact an abbreviation of an English name & not Murphy, which is what I think you've wrongly assumed. It was supposed to be a lighthearted comment, but if you want to get up on your high horse then I'm sorry. Perhaps now you've needlessly offended the Irish people, it would be a good idea to apologise, just in case there are some Irish members also lacking a sense of humour.

Oh, by the way, Lambros do Haddock, as well as the inferiod Cod that you had to suffer.

Post: #34   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
rockjock

Ho Ho Murf. the sense of humour was as bland as the fish and chips. I doubt if I have offended any of my Celtic cousins as they also have the ability to laugh at themselves. This I believe is gained through centuaries of adversity.

RJ

Post: #35   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Getting back to the topic, a few months back friends who have a holiday apartment in Paphos stayed with us a few days. When they returned west we suggested that we all had lunch at Dhekalia, where they said the fish & chips were the best they've ever had.

A week or so later they drove the 12 miles or so to Whitby & had fish and chips at the renowned Magpie - there are other places in Whitby we preferred both on quality & price but they regularly go to there and phoned us up the same day to tell us that they'd be 'spoilt' by going to Lambros; it just wasn't the same.

The big test will be when her brother comes over to stay with them in Cyprus. He's German, and the first thing he asks for when he visits the UK is a visit to Whitby for fish & chips.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #36   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
evo

HI All,
I went last Tuesday and it was gorgeous.
I have only been twice(i went the week before)and really,really nice.
Fish was enormous very tasty,huge chip portions and the best mushy peas ever!
Will go again very soon.
Steve.

Post: #37   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

It's the fact that it's the best we have ever had each time we go. Didn't even know they did kebabs. Cod and chips for me each time. And soon.
Shame they are not open Sundays then one could do the market and fish and chips on the way home.
Paul.

Post: #38   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

They're closed on holidays as well, so shut for Ochi Day (NOT Och day Wink RJ) on Tuesday 28th.

I agree their kebabs are pretty good, although I quite like halloumi, eggs & chips I've had there a couple of times.

Post: #39   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
rockjock

Ochi looks better with the "i" left out, more familiar and comforting. The noo.

RJ Dancing

Post: #40   PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

Another thing you get a MUG of tea Very Happy why have a cup when you can have a mug Wink Now I,m being very british! Going on Wednesday after another airport run Rolling Eyes Lambros on the Ay Nick base sell lovely kebabs mixed for 3.60 and too big for little me Surprised to finish.

Must go for a walk now all this food.........
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
FISH & CHIPS - CESSAC, DHEKELIA BASE 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area