Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Rice Bowl
Rice Bowl 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Padsntails
Pictures: 0

Anyone been to The Rice Bowl on Dhekelia Road? Used to be Marcos I believe. Had Sunday lunch there. To be honest I was hungry and it wasnt dire but not brilliant. Choice of starter, good old soup or prawn cocktail. The prawn cocktail was ok but warm. Thought it should have been cold from a fridge. Carvery meat (pork and beef) was excellent as was the roast potatoes and mash. Yorkshire puds were well risen but very stodgy in the middle, stuffing balls tasted of sage with loads of bread. Cauliflower was grey in parts and I had a couple of "black edged" carrots. Boring frozen french beans and peas were the other veg. Bottle of Alkion was the equivulent of 12cy so just had a glass of wine. Dont ask for a choice of pud as its apple crumble and ice ceram or apple crumble or ice cream. We asked for custard and although the waiter said we could have it with custard what it came with was a dollop (or slice) of what could only be described as a congeled yellow blob. Yuk! Stick to the meat and potatoes only and you cant go wrong. Maybe we just caught it on a bad day.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Gashead
Pictures: 1

The more I read about the restaurants in the area the more I want to come and open one.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

ewww doesn't sound very nice. I have not heard great reviews on their regular menu so personally I won't be trying their roast.. A chinese/thai place doing traditional sunday roast?? sounds a bit bizarre to me!!
Re: Rice Bowl 
Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:47 am Reply with quote
Steve Peters
Pictures: 0

I had a takeaway from there in the new year and I must say I thought it was the worst chinese food I have ever had and the amounts for each dish we had vere very small conmpared to other Chinese restaurants we have had in the Larnaca area. I definately would not revisit.
Rice Bowl 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area