Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » BarBela Dhekalia Rd Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post: #41   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
J.Ryan
Pictures: 0

It was me on the floor yes, i got told last night, but like i said to you last night.. i cant actually remember that part Shocked And i wont be getting bladdered again anyway, im not completely stupid Laughing it was the 1st time ive been like that, and it wont be happening again for a long time.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #42   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote
lemon_kiss

I was told by cypriot police that it was 18
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #43   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:11 pm Reply with quote
lolly1101

As I am a bar person this seemed like something I should look into, as I could in fact be breaking the law.

I found these links which are quite helpful
One is from the CTO
http://www.visitcyprus.com/wps/portal/!ut/p/c0/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hXN0fHYE8TIwMDo0BLAyNDAyOvMD9jIyMPc_2CbEdFAByyz00!/

And another lists most countries in the world

http://www.drinkingandyou.com/site/pdf/What%20is%20Legal%20drinking%20age.pdf

Both quote the same legal age!
Hope this helps to clarify things.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #44   PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

djdrh wrote:
SO TINA.....in your own words END OF

It is illeagal to tattoo anyone under the age of 18 (even in the north east of England "PET")

Not really. There appears to be some confusion as to the legal drinking age as on this site it says 18yrs. http://www.ayianapa.com/news/FAQ.htm It is illegal to smoke under 18yrs Confused and the age of consent is 17yrs! But neither has anything to do with this subject either.

And there you go making assumptions again i.e. the North East. I'm not from the North East lol!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #45   PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:19 am Reply with quote
lolly1101

I would however be more likely to believe the CTO's website than one which is way out of date (ie ayianapa.com)

However I will ask the appropriate people and let you know!

Post: #46   PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:12 am Reply with quote
carolinem

Was'nt it you Jade this friday and last friday at the corfu for happy hour and wrecked with your friends before you went to the Dhekelia rd bars? and don't you go out every friday with your friends?
l think you left about 10 ish l know because we were there Very Happy and would the corfu take an ear bashing for selling as many drinks as you can drink in happy hour let me know and l tell Carmine not to serve you
CJ

Post: #47   PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:08 am Reply with quote
DonnaA

CJ, I'm not quite sure what your intentions are with regards to that posting?

Yes, Jade went out last night with her friends, yes I knew exactly where she was, and yes, I picked her and her friend up at 1.15 from BarBela, and no, they most certainly were not wrecked.....

Post: #48   PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote
carolinem

What l actually mean is l got the impression that this underage drinking was a one off, when it is fact it happens every friday.
The girls probably did'nt need any money as it was the army boys ordering the rounds and by 9pm one of them was incapable of speech.
It was a topic of conversation at the bar on friday about the amount of drink being consumed. I am suprised that Jade is still allowed in Barbellas considering the publicity, and the underage drinking.
Throughout the ages teenages have been drinking underage and l don't think it will stop here or anywhere else and forged ID is always available.
l have only wrote what l and others see every week.
CJ

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #49   PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
DonnaA

I have never said underage drinking was a one off. What was a one off was Jade coming home in the state she was the previous week, which is where this all kicked off from. I am not a fool, I know underage drinking goes on, of course the underage kids will do it if they can get away with it.

My concern is, and always was the fact that absolutely no ID checks are made at all. And even when these kids are staggering around and incapable of speech, still they are being served - why????

I am also suprised that they are still allowed into Barbella's - despite DJ saying in an earlier post that ID's will be checked. Having said that, Jade would be let in anyway as she is 17 and as has been stated, it seems that 17 is acceptable. I strongly disagree, but these bars and clubs won't be seeing these kids with malfunctioning livers etc in their later lives if a heavy, binge drinking culture is encouraged at such a young age, so what do they care.

All I ask Caroline is that if you are going to post things like this on an open forum that you please ensure your facts are straight. Jade was not wrecked on Friday night, and I resent the implications that you made. She has made one mistake, a mistake that she has learned a valuable lesson from.

Post: #50   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca
Pictures: 1

Can anyone tell me if this place is any good on a Thursday night? We have a girly night planned and wanna see where the happenin' place is before we venture out.

Cheers!

Post: #51   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote
djdrh

Hey Girlies
Last thursday we changed things a little and did 70's 80's and Karaoke....eventualy (around 10.30 )we had around 45 people in and it was a good night...I think for Thursday its one of the busiest bars on the strip (not doing bingo) Its also BOGOF on drinks

Remember its not about the people at the party
Its about the Party in the People

Smile)
Dave

Post: #52   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
yhztolca

Thanks Dave! We will defo be there Thrusday night then. We have a group of about 10 of us coming down. So BOGOF then?!! What are drink prices like apprx?

Example, some drink pints, glass of rose, gin and tonic, jaggerbombs!! etc

thanks!

Post: #53   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
djdrh

The most you should pay is 6 euro for 2 drinks some will be 5 for 2
Hope you bring your singing voices
Free shots for singers (and before you ask NO not all night lol)
Is it a special occasion or just a night out ?
Dave

Post: #54   PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote
yhztolca

Special occasion.. my mate is getting married today so big night out again tomorrow night! thanks for your help, we'll be sure to introduce ourselves when we get there but i'm sure you'll hear us coming!! lol

Post: #55   PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
djdrh

Its Thursday 10.40 pm......cant hear you yet....Must be going deaf lol

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #56   PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quote
yhztolca

Hi ya, no we didn't make it out in the end. All had a pretty heavy night on Wed so put a hold on our girly night out. Will come down soon thou!

Post: #57   PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote
roxycy

Has Barbela shut down now?
BarBela Dhekalia Rd 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area