Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » ampithea aphrodite court
ampithea aphrodite court 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
mongoose
Pictures: 0

Has anyone contacted the developers regarding compensation for going over completion date for Aphrodite Court?

Also does anyone know when completion date will be?

Diane & Mark
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Aphrodite Court - Amphithea 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote
annesparkes

I know you posted this sometime ago, but I am now starting to focus on our property in Aphrodite Court (B201) as it's the new year, etc.

As far as the penalties for late completion I have spoken to our lawyer who states that we should take this "considerable" amount off the final payment - I would have liked to take it off a stage payment, as an interim rebate. I have heard some rumours, stories about it being difficult to get the penalties and must admit having just sold another property in Oroklini am losing confidence in knowing who to trust. Our apartment is ready, just waiting for the pool and communal areas to be complete. I'm not sure if the block has electricity or not, yet.

Would welcome any news you or anyone else has. I did post a note on the form headed Amphithea General, meant to have put it within the Amphithea development section, but a little bit of a novice.

Anne

Last edited by annesparkes on Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
oroklini 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote
mongoose

Hi Anne

We have bought B205 so not sure if we are above you are to the side of you.

We haven't taken over our appartment yet as we are still waiting for Georgina to get back to us regarding completion of the snagging.

Once we have taken over our appartment we will need to contact our solicitor to sort out compensation for the delay in completion.

We have booked to come out on the 4 April so hopefully we will be able to take over completion then.

As far as we knew we thought we were the only ones who have not taken possession of our appartment yet?

Have you checked the website it shows that the pool and the gym are now finished. The last time we were out there was in October and they had just filled the pool.

Look forward to meeting up one day

Diane & Mark
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
annesparkes

Hi, good to hear from you.

I'll check our details later to see where we are in relation to you. I've been checking the Iacovou website and am pleased with the progress pictures. However, I didn't realise that the pool was now filled, nor did I realise other people had taken over the properties - to be honest we're not in a rush to take it over until the weather improves and we can get some local flights into Larnaca.

Hopefully, we can now keep in touch thru this site.

Anne
oroklini 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
mongoose

Hi Ann,

Were not in a hurry either. Yeah will be nice to keep intouch

Diane & Mark

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
ampithea

Hi

We recently spoke to our lawyers about the delays to the completion of block D. Our reply was
'since there is a delay in the completion of the apartment, please inform the bank that the payments to be made to the developers are with full reservation of your rights in order for you to claim the compensation you are entitled to, when the apartment is completed'

The bank will not release final payment to the bank without our approval, and any instruction we give to the lawyers will be net of the agreed compensation.

Carole and Mark
Delays 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
annesparkes

Hi

Have you been given a revised completion date? Our apartment is in block b. We're going over on 1 April to check things out and by all accounts the apartment should be finished as the unit itself was fitted out last July but we haven't been asked for final payment, or taken delivery of it . Like yourselves, when we are satisfied that everything including exterior areas are complete we will make the final payment, less penalties. We are, however, now anxious to have the keys in order to move forward with it, even if this means paying the majority of the last installment.

I would still like to know more details about the maintenance and the charges, but as when we purchased our previous property the details of this remain vague and I've been caught out before whereby I've paid annual maintenance to an Oroklini company who are tendering for Amphithea and then they've come back for more at the end of the first year under the heading "shortfall" and put the maintenance up the following year by 55% (I've just double checked my figures as even I couldn't believe it). Initially residents were full of hot air, but all paid up.

I will try and find out this week if Georgina is still "off sick".

Anne
In reply 
Post: #8   PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Blackie

If anyone wishes to know the correct informaiton regarding the comment made by Anne Sparkes, please feel free to contact me.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Completion dates, maintenance etc. 
Post: #9   PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
annesparkes

Have a pretty good idea what the recent message refers to, but my comments are factual and I will not be drawn into any further postings from my former management company whom I think wrote this!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
CyprusLife

Hi, I was at the development yesterday and it is now starting to look really good. The gym is the best in the village, the pool is immaculate and teh lawn looks good. Two of the blocks still have lots of cosmetic finishing work underway such as stone cladding etc but it is close to completion. If anyone knows whether residents can get internet yet please let me know as we have two clients looking to rent here but both need internet as a priority. Rachel 99221169. These photos were taken last weekend.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
graham c

liked the photos,could you let us know where you got furniture.booked for 3weeks in august as they have said our appt will be finished in april hope to go in june to furnish .our appt is in block d how was this going on thanks graham

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote
ampithea

We got furniture from Softop - furniture warehouse on outskirts of Larnaca. We flying out on 22nd as we told D204 should be ready for handover.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
ampithea

Had an email from Georgina of ND Properties today. Despite being assured by the developers in February, our apt (D204) won't be ready next week. The date has now been delayed to end May. Which means more compensation for us I guess!

We fly out next Wednesday so will post new pics when we get back.

Carole & Mark

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
karyn

Hi

interested to know whether anyone receives compensation - mine was due in december. (delayed from last june!)

Won't be there until July and not hopeful it will be ready then either! Rolling Eyes

Keep in touch

Karyn
ampithea aphrodite court 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments