Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates » Tsitsios & Synergates Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tsitsios & Synergates 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
gillygobob
Pictures: 0

Smile Has anyone heard or used Tsitsios & Synergates advocates? Any information would be appreciated.

My mum is currently buying a property in Cyprus using this company.

Kind regards Jenny
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
anita

Is that Tommy in Paralimni?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote
RobandLynn

Hi Jenny

Not sure if its the same firm but we used Tsitsios & Associates. They are based in Paralimni , phone no. 23811810 and have a website www.klztlaw.com.

cheers
Rob

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

We used tommy for the purchase of our property, Without going into detail on the forum - he wont be getting anymore of our business

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Astra

Will not post it in open forum, however, should you wish to know more, you can click on the E mail link.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
gillygobob

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the replies..... I am really worried now, can anyone give me some details of what to expect?? My mum has paid a deposit and her place is supposed to be finished in March 09. It is the same company but my mum is dealing with someone called cosmos. She is actually buying the property through magnificent homes.
Regards Jenny Confused

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:11 pm Reply with quote
JudyH

Hi Jenny

We purchased through Cosmas who is Magnificent Homes in Xylofagou....played vey straight with us and very pleased with our purchase Very Happy , finished on the date promised...however have no experience of the Lawyer

HTH Judy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
gillygobob

Hi Judy,

Thank you for your reply. That is very reassuring.. Where did you purchase your property? my mum is also buying in Xylofagou, St andrews... have you heard of it??

Regards Jenny

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
JudyH

Hi Jenny

We are at the other end of the village near to the Cemetary. We climbed all over the St Andrews site being nosy last September, looked good......pool is superb size and I hear that they are on target,your Mother will love the village, all you could ask for is there!! superb Butchers etc.
Cosmas knows all his purchasers personally and their Office door is always open, have known him for quite a few years now and as have stated before they are the only Developers that we would buy from!! Hope your Mother enjoys her purchase as much as we love ours Very Happy

Best wishes Judy

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

I emphatically underline #4 and #5. Feel free to e mail me.

Cheers,
Campbell

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote
gillygobob

Thanks Judy,

You have given me some valuable information and I feel a lot better knowing that you have faith in this developer. You hear so many horror stories of people losing their money, its quite frightening. Im still not hearing anything good about the lawyer but we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed now. Any update on st andrews complex would be good as we havent had any info recently.

Thanks for all your help
Jenny

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
twentyone21
Pictures: 2

jenny, did the solicitor come with the purchase or did you choose them independantly, if its the first one you have broken rule number one, regards

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
gillygobob

Hi,

Yes the lawyer did come with the purchase, I know that should never be done.... but at the time my mum didnt realise.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
anita

We bought from Cosmas, really good guy. Used Tommy first time round very bad experience & cost us thousands. If you would like to email me also I will give you all the details.
Lawyer 
Post: #15   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Huslerville

We are nearing the end of our debarcle of buying a property in Cyprus.
We were recommended to the lawyer Tommy-met him once & then he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

The only communication we get from the lawyer is if we request it & then chase a few hundred times for a response!

We have encountered a problem with money owed to us by the developer & dispite the agent & so called financial advisor not listening to us, the lawyer is. She is 'dealing' with it and I guess the proff of the pudding will be in the eating-let's see if she delivers results.

Irrespective of the outcome, we certainly wouldn't use this firm again-an astronomical cost to purchase of over 3000euros!

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Hi there,
Can I be cheeky and ask what the purchase price of your property was ?

3000 euros = 1764 Cyp.pounds ( at 1.70)

3000 euros = 2678 pounds stg. ( Bank of Cyp. gave me 1.12 for stg.
today)

Two years ago we were charged 1200 Cyp. for "conveyancing" on a
two bed apt. valued at 64,500. Twelve hundred Cyprus = 2040 euros

Cheers,
Campbell.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Unfortunately, Tommy was recommended on this forum by several people back in 2004-ish. Maybe it was in the MSN-hosted forum days.

Marion

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
paul1978

that cost does seem high

in 2005 we payed 500cyp for 60k apartment.

Post: #19   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Marion wrote :

Quote:
Unfortunately, Tommy was recommended on this forum by several people back in 2004-ish. Maybe it was in the MSN-hosted forum days.

Yes, I was one of several members who recommended him . I never had any problems with my purchase and I had a good experience with Tommy.

I am disappointed that some members have had bad experiences with him but I recommended him in good faith as the service I received from him was first class.

Post: #20   PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Same here Sue, I think I added to the recommendations.

No problem with Tommy back in 2003, very reasonable and 'threw' in a Will too.

Our bank manager recommended him to us, it turned out that he was Giovani's regular solicitor, didn't know at the time. Shocked

He was always willing to see us when we turned up with no appointment and answered our phone calls.

Sorry to hear others are not having such an easy time. Crying or Very sad

My only advice is to change your solicitor if you're not happy, you can do that.

Ruth

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Advocates