Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » memories Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

matty wrote:
victor beach
I have a Victor Beach Quiz 2nd place plaque! More memories!!!

Getting a bit 'chatty'. I think a mod ought to move the post to "Coffee Shop Chat".

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
modachi
Pictures: 0

Matty, I was there the day your mum and Julie suddenly came flying through the air at the Victor Beach Club and landed on the sand - I was sitting right beside your dad when it happened, however, I won't repeat what he said at that moment!
Unbelieveable.
Noreen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Charnwood Fox
When were you there? Do I know you?

Regards Noreen
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

Hi Noreen.

As I said - holidays.
My brother-in-law was a senior technician at Dhekelia in the "Jimmies" in the late eighties.
I doubt you would know me.

Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Qui docet discit.

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
modachi

Charnwood Fox
I noticed your quiz trophy is dated 1989 - we left that posting in 1980, so our paths wouldn't have crossed.
Noreen.

Matty
Ask your mum, does she remember -
Alan (Tosh) & Sue Hindmarsh
Chris & Annaliese Charlton
Dennis & Pat Mustard
Bob & Lyn Beer (Bob's already contacted you on this thread)
and you already know Anita & Ray Dudding

I still either write/email or just send a Christmas card to these folk, but I still have contact with them.
I've met (or Dennis has met) most of them since our posting there.
Noreen

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:53 pm Reply with quote
matty

Hi noreen, i remember albatosh and sue very well , we met them at my mum and dads 25th wedding anniversary back in 1989 but i was surprised to see tosh still alive cos he had that many car crashes it was unbelievable!!! Bless him! I dont recall any of the others but my mum might so ill let her know. regards mat.

Post: #27   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:57 pm Reply with quote
matty

p.s. noreen, i have never laughed so much in my life!!! i can imagine what the old man said when that car came flying through the fence!! Im still in hysterics now!

Post: #28   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Matty....... so am I thinking about it.

Anyway, I have sent an email to your personal email address.
Regards Noreen

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Charnwood Fox
My husband was also in the "Jimmies". What is your brother-in-laws name - we may know him.

Noreen

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

Mike/Mick Scott. Sister's name Marie. He came out a staffy in about '96 after 22 years service. Did the world, just about; Blandford, Catterick, Germany (Herford), Falklands (post conflict), Belize, NI (HQNI Lisburn), Cyprus (Dhekelia) and a stint training the Australians how to work a radio. Wink

Qui docet discit.

Post: #31   PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Fergy539

Message for Modachi. I wonder if you can help me. I see in one of the threads you mention knowing an Anita Dudding in Kidderminster. This name appears on my sister's baby's birth certificate in Apr 1971 in Malvern as a witness and as my sister's baby was adopted on the day and the father was Army, I'm hoping if this is the same lady, she might be able to assist me in finding my niece? My sister's name was Sandra Lutton which Anita will recognise if she is the same Anita? If you are able to forward this message to Anita and she turns out to be the one, I'd be really grateful if she would contact me in the UK at
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.
. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Kind Regards Allan Lutton.
memories 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area