Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Kalifatzias. Near Agios Lazarus Church, Larnaca.
Kalifatzias. Near Agios Lazarus Church, Larnaca. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

More a takeaway than a restaurant.
They have a steady stream of people popping in to collect orders.
They put tables out in the street in the evening. A bit of a novelty, having scooters and cars passing a couple of feet from your table. ( 'Couple' may be a bit of an exageration! )
Nice grub though.
Nice couple running it, too.

Mark

Last edited by Charnwood Fox on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Larry
Pictures: 0

Kalifazia, as Vasos says on his card is a 'good place for food' As well as tourist trade, a good portion of his buisness is local Cypriot. If you like grilled food, this is the place to go.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:11 pm Reply with quote
bill
Pictures: 3
Location: nice n sunny cold at night oroklini on the mossie breeding grounds

If I come to Cyprus for a quick one week visit ( without my partner ) I'm one of those "steady stream of people popping in to collect orders "
It's good food at excellent prices ---- and it's nice when both Vasos and his wife recognise my voice on the telephone even if I haven't been in Cyprus for months.
I must have regular customer status now Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:18 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

I have been going into Vassos for over 15 years now on my holidays and now residence and I can find no fault with their food what so ever, in fact its top class for kebabs. An old friend of his introduced me ther and I have been a customer ever since.......Maggie Larnaca

Re: Kalafatzias. Near Agios Lazarus Church, Larnaca. 
Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:46 am Reply with quote
cy

Charnwood Fox wrote:
They put tables out in the street in the evening. A bit of a novelty, having scooters and cars passing a couple of feet from your table.

**lol** you should have seen the situation in Pervolia a few years back Smile
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail MSN Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Kalifatzia 
Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Larry

I spoke to Vassos a couple of weeks ago, he is looking to sell the place. I hope that when he finds a buyer, the new owner will be as dedicated to quality as Vassos.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Judy Brett

Sounds a good restaurant can anyone tell me exactly where it is
Many thanks
Judy

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Larry

It is not hard to find, if you come up from the seafront towards the Lazarus church, take the left fork in the road and proceed straight ahead. The Kalifazia is on the corner of the first street from the left. We were there last night, my wife had a salad(she's on a permanent diet), I had Sheftalias, and our friends had pork chops, all very good and very reasonably priced. I've missed placed his card or you could have phoned Vassos for better directions.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:32 pm Reply with quote
rtp2010

i use this restaurant quit a lot. the tel; number is 24653829 or 24815783. SUPBERB food and realy good prices, service is great too

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Larry

We were there last night, the usual, good service, great food, not realy a take away.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

It's as much a takeaway as it is a restaurant
Quote:
Eat here or take away

Qui docet discit.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

I have ben using the place for nearly 20 years and I have never had a bad meal there yet and Vassos the owner looks exactly the same now as he did then, like a whippet.....lol.......Maggie Larnaca

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox

beersmaggie wrote:
looks exactly the same now as he did then, like a whippet.....

I'd have said lurcher, if he's still got his beard. Laughing

Qui docet discit.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Larry

I think as far as quality and service, you cant beat Vassos. Of all the places we have eaten, we have never had a bad meal with him. He takes care of the customers and only serves what he would eat himself. Admittadly it may not be the most romantic of places, but for good food, he cant be beat.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Larry

Looks like the Kalafaztia, along with several other bars and restaurants in the Larnaca tourist area is being hit by the recession. I remember last winter Vassos and his wife would still be in the restaurant cleaning up at 1:00 AM several nights a week. Now when I walk by, the place is closed and dark by 10 PM.

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote
beersmaggie

This is bad news. I have been going there for around 20 years now and have always found their food spot on. Still at least they are still open, just have to go there earlier by the looks of it.....Maggie Larnaca
Kalifatzias. Near Agios Lazarus Church, Larnaca. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area