Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments » Kapparis and Famagusta Property
Kapparis and Famagusta Property 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
simonwjones
Pictures: 0

Don't know too much about this area.

Any tips ?

Have been looking in Paphos but you dont get much for your money over there. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Simon,

Welcome on-board and thanks for joining up!

It's a big question and am not sure what exact info you're
after Very Happy Take a look around the forum as there is quite
a bit of info contained in the various sections. If you have
any specific questions then please feel free to ask away -
we have some great members and am sure between us we'll
be able to help.

All the best

Cheers

Steve
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:38 pm Reply with quote
simonwjones

Sorry Steve, I wasn't very specific there was I !!!!!

I have been looking at apartments and I'm well baffled!

Paphos is a nice place but very expensive to buy. I have been told that the east end of Cyprus is alot cheaper and better beaches. I have seen loads of property in Paralimni and Famagusta. I don't know these parts too well, well not at all. I know Napa and Protaras. Kapparis has been mentioned, but again, I know zilch about this area too. Would it be suitable for a holiday home?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Hi Simon

Kapparis? Holiday home? Holiday for who? Your family & friends? Or holiday lets? For the latter, it's very competitive and supply exceeds demand.

As someone who took possession of an apartment in Kapparis a year ago, I'm also baffled. Just look at the resales/new builds in the area. Prices vary wildly.

And having just returned from a visit, I'm a tad disillusioned. So many new builds, so few facilities. It's heartening to see the year-round establishments, but they're full of residents, both expats and Cypriots. What will happen in high season with an influx of visitors?

Rows and rows of villas with private pools and two metres of concrete between them... or so it seemed. Who wants to live in a place like that?

A bit like Paphos, it seems.

And then there's the cost of flights...

Marion

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Hi Simon,

We have a beautiful holiday home in Pernera, very close to Kapparis and Protaras. We have lots of space around us, and are very close to the sea.

It is true that the area is becoming very built up. I suppose it is inevitable as it is a desireable location.

We are under no illusion that eventually the open fields around us will be built on.

I suppose if you want to avoid the 'concrete jungle' for many years to come you should perhaps look around the more inland villages.

Any land close to the coast is disappearing fast under villas and apartments. Because land is becoming more scarce and more expensive the developers have to 'squish' the houses in to make their profit, hence the rows of houses with very little space between them.

You can still find some very nice property on good sized plots if you move in land a little.

Ruth

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

simonwjones wrote:
Sorry Steve, I wasn't very specific there was I !!!!!

I have been looking at apartments and I'm well baffled!

Paphos is a nice place but very expensive to buy. I have been told that the east end of Cyprus is alot cheaper and better beaches. I have seen loads of property in Paralimni and Famagusta. I don't know these parts too well, well not at all. I know Napa and Protaras. Kapparis has been mentioned, but again, I know zilch about this area too. Would it be suitable for a holiday home?

Hi Simon,
Welcome to the board, I think the best thing would be to book an inspection trip or a holiday and go over, Have you looked at the webb sites of our sponsors Island homes and Buyrentsell Cyprus you will details in the directory or just click on the banners at the foot of the pages,

This might give you an idea, regarding prices, personally I would contact George at Island Homes and get him to show me around.
We like this area because it has Kapparis . Pernera, Protaras, Ayia Napa all with beaches to die for and the surrounding villages and Paralimni, makes this our ideal place in the sun and most of all the fabulous beaches. Laughing Laughing

have you looked the the new Cprusitv link this might help as well.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
daveoly

Hi
I thought I would just say Kapparis is a lovely area and very friendly people, we have anapartment on a complex called Paralimini Sands it is a very well maintained and run complex the owners are a great lot.
Dave & Julia Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:21 pm Reply with quote
plumbermate8

Here Here Dave and Julia. We are obviously neighbours as also in Paralimni Sands. Counting the days (as said before on 'Weather ' posting. Everyone very friendly and every time we go I hate coming home more and more.

What number flat are you? We are Block 3 No. 9.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Kapparis and Famagusta Property 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Your Developments